Go to Post I think they get nutrition from chain greese. - Lucid [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Competition > Rules/Strategy
CD-Media   CD-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-20-2017, 05:18 PM
FRC #1279 (Cold Fusion)
Team Role: Operator

Rookie Year: 2014
Liam21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Touchpad Activation Confusion

There was some confusion during our tie-breaker match in the quarterfinals this weekend. The opposing alliance seemed to have lost, yet about 1/2 second after the match ended, the opposing team's third touchpad activated. It was pretty obvious that the LEDs illuminated after the game had ended, yet they got the points and we lost, eliminating our alliance. My interpretation of Figure 3-23 in the manual leads me to believe that their touchpad activated too late for them to get points, yet they still did. Am I wrong?

Video of the climb: https://youtu.be/S10A-ef7Y1o?t=6h26m40s
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-20-2017, 05:21 PM
FRC #1279 (Cold Fusion)

Re: Touchpad Activation Confusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam21 View Post
There was some confusion during our tie-breaker match in the quarterfinals this weekend. The opposing alliance seemed to have lost, yet about 1/2 second after the match ended, the opposing team's third touchpad activated. It was pretty obvious that the LEDs illuminated after the game had ended, yet they got the points and we lost, eliminating our alliance. My interpretation of Figure 3-23 in the manual leads me to believe that their touchpad activated too late for them to get points, yet they still did. Am I wrong?

Video of the climb: https://youtu.be/S10A-ef7Y1o?t=6h26m40s
I should note that the climb in question is the blue robot climbing on the far side of the airship.
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-20-2017, 05:24 PM
Dare to be FIRST
AKA: Ryan Hall
FRC #1676 (Pascack Pi-oneers)
Team Role: College Student

Rookie Year: 2010
Hallry has a reputation beyond reputeHallry has a reputation beyond reputeHallry has a reputation beyond reputeHallry has a reputation beyond reputeHallry has a reputation beyond reputeHallry has a reputation beyond reputeHallry has a reputation beyond reputeHallry has a reputation beyond reputeHallry has a reputation beyond reputeHallry has a reputation beyond reputeHallry has a reputation beyond repute

Remember, the touchpad illuminates after all of the requirements are met (it’s minimally displaced by Ĺ in. (~1 cm), it’s pressed for a duration of at least one (1) sec, and it’s pressed when the Teleop Period ends at T = 0). I believe that this example in Figure 3-23 is what occurred when 3340 activated the touchpad:

Beginning just before the timer hit zero, 3340 finally displaced the touchpad by at least 1/2 inches and held it for at least one second, causing the touchpad to illuminate after the buzzer had sounded and giving them the climbing points.

Won: 2010 New Jersey Regional, 2010 Virginia Regional (undefeated), 2011 New Jersey Regional, 2011 Virginia Regional, 2011 Brunswick Eruption, 2012 Rutgers MAR District, 2012 girlPOWER, 2012 Ramp Riot, 2013 Bridgewater-Raritan MAR District, 2014 girlPOWER, 2015 Bridgewater-Raritan MAR District, 2016 Mt. Olive MAR District, 2016 Bridgewater-Raritan MAR District
2016 Season Recap Video: http://tinyurl.com/1676-2016
Facebook Instagram Twitter YouTube
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-20-2017, 05:45 PM
FRC #1279 (Cold Fusion)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallry View Post
Remember, the touchpad illuminates after all of the requirements are met (itís minimally displaced by Ĺ in. (~1 cm), itís pressed for a duration of at least one (1) sec, and itís pressed when the Teleop Period ends at T = 0). I believe that this example in Figure 3-23 is what occurred when 3340 activated the touchpad:

Beginning just before the timer hit zero, 3340 finally displaced the touchpad by at least 1/2 inches and held it for at least one second, causing the touchpad to illuminate after the buzzer had sounded and giving them the climbing points.

I figured the green lines signified that the light is on, and if that is the case, then they didn't get the climb because the light illuminated a 1/2 second after the match ended. They may have begun pressing the touchpad before the match ended, however, during the 1 second downtime between touching the touchpad and the light turning on, the match ended, thus making the climb represent this: http://imgur.com/zY4Wl68
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-20-2017, 05:49 PM
Roboter
AKA: Mark Lavrentyev
FRC #4557 (FullMetal Falcons)
Team Role: Programmer

Rookie Year: 2015
Hitchhiker 42 has a reputation beyond reputeHitchhiker 42 has a reputation beyond reputeHitchhiker 42 has a reputation beyond reputeHitchhiker 42 has a reputation beyond reputeHitchhiker 42 has a reputation beyond reputeHitchhiker 42 has a reputation beyond reputeHitchhiker 42 has a reputation beyond reputeHitchhiker 42 has a reputation beyond reputeHitchhiker 42 has a reputation beyond reputeHitchhiker 42 has a reputation beyond reputeHitchhiker 42 has a reputation beyond repute

The green lines signify the touchpad is pressed. The light turns on only after it has been held for 1 second.

#6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-20-2017, 05:53 PM
FRC #1279 (Cold Fusion)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitchhiker 42 View Post
The green lines signify the touchpad is pressed. The light turns on only after it has been held for 1 second.
Ok, that makes sense.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: