OCCRA
Go to Post The MER designers had many challenges, but bumper rules were not among them. - Richard Wallace [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Technical > Programming
CD-Media  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-07-2018, 06:45 PM
AKA: Tim Stuart
no team
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2012
firstrobotcoach is an unknown quantity at this point
Joystick Not Showing Up

Hi, we just pulled our robot out of the closet from the 2017 season, and we are trying to get it running. Everything on the robot is fully functional, but when I go to the driver station to run it, only 1 out of 2 controllers show up in the USB area in the driver station. We have an XBOX controller and a Logitech Joystick. The Joystick is not showing up, and it is connecting to the computer fine. I also used one of our spare joysticks and that one would not show up either. Does anyone know the problem, or have you experienced this before? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-07-2018, 07:04 PM
FRC #3216

Tinnittin is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Joystick Not Showing Up

We've had similar issues. Make sure when you test for the joystick, you hit Rescan in the USB tab of the Dashboard. Also, make sure your USB port is working on the computer. We have had ports fried from static electricity at competition. It could also be some other fault in the USB port such as dirt or dust.
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-07-2018, 07:13 PM
AKA: Tim Stuart
no team

firstrobotcoach is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinnittin View Post
We've had similar issues. Make sure when you test for the joystick, you hit Rescan in the USB tab of the Dashboard. Also, make sure your USB port is working on the computer. We have had ports fried from static electricity at competition. It could also be some other fault in the USB port such as dirt or dust.
It is really weird, because the port works with the Xbox controller, just not with the joystick. I have hit rescan too with both Logitech controllers I have, for some reason it isn't working though. I just haven't been able to find a fix to the problem. Thanks for your advice!
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-07-2018, 08:13 PM
RIP Bag
FRC #5727 (REaCH Omegabytes)
Team Role: Mechanical

Rookie Year: 2016
Tomithy has much to be proud ofTomithy has much to be proud ofTomithy has much to be proud ofTomithy has much to be proud ofTomithy has much to be proud ofTomithy has much to be proud ofTomithy has much to be proud ofTomithy has much to be proud ofTomithy has much to be proud of

I know in Labview you have to assign a specific USB port to the joystick. Perhaps you can change that in the code (I don't know which language you guys use, but it might be the same in Java or other languages) Also look to see if everything is correct for joystick code because we have had similar issues that turned out to be code problems.
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-07-2018, 09:28 PM
Completely Normal Googler
AKA: Evan Forbes
FRC #0694 (StuyPulse)

forbes has a brilliant futureforbes has a brilliant futureforbes has a brilliant futureforbes has a brilliant futureforbes has a brilliant futureforbes has a brilliant futureforbes has a brilliant futureforbes has a brilliant futureforbes has a brilliant futureforbes has a brilliant futureforbes has a brilliant future

I'm not exactly sure of the behavior of this and it doesn't look like it is documented but is there at least one open slot in the USB devices list? You can remove disconnected (grayed out) devices by double clicking them.

https://wpilib.screenstepslive.com/s...ocking_devices

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: