OCCRA
Go to Post I came home from pre-season today and sat down to some homework. after about an hour my mom asked why I was still wearing my safety glasses. - The Ginger [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > General Forum
CD-Media   CD-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

 
Reply
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-28-2017, 11:36 PM
DataZ_Info's Avatar
DataZ_Info DataZ_Info is offline
Registered User
no team
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: New York
Posts: 29
DataZ_Info is a jewel in the roughDataZ_Info is a jewel in the roughDataZ_Info is a jewel in the roughDataZ_Info is a jewel in the rough
DataZ for FRC: Mo DataZ Mo Problems?

Hi again everyone! Yes, we know, we said Cyber Monday and it is now Tradesman Tuesday. As the title suggests, while sifting through these data points and developing the applications to parse and display the results we hit a few snags. These issues were not entirely unexpected but sadly delayed this release.

We are now on imgur!

We have uploaded a gallery for your viewing pleasure that includes Heat Maps for all Qual matches at the Half Hollow Hills Invitational.

We have updated our YouTube channel with 7 more videos!

We have a nice collection of data playback for some elimination matches at about 4x speed. We will continue adding video playbacks if the community finds them interesting. To start with, we tried picking matches to show every robot at the event at least once.

***Teams at the event: If we missed you, post on here and we will find and upload one of yours!***

imgur: DataZ4FRC

YouTube: DataZ 4FRC

As always, questions, comments, and ideas are always welcome!

PS: Yes Andrew Schreiber we are still working out the best way to distribute the raw data (Team, Center X, Center Y, Orientation, Time, etc...)
Reply With Quote
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-28-2017, 11:53 PM
nuclearnerd's Avatar
nuclearnerd nuclearnerd is offline
Speaking for myself, not my team
AKA: Brendan Simons
FRC #5406 (Celt-X)
Team Role: Engineer
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Rookie Year: 2014
Location: Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 635
nuclearnerd has a reputation beyond reputenuclearnerd has a reputation beyond reputenuclearnerd has a reputation beyond reputenuclearnerd has a reputation beyond reputenuclearnerd has a reputation beyond reputenuclearnerd has a reputation beyond reputenuclearnerd has a reputation beyond reputenuclearnerd has a reputation beyond reputenuclearnerd has a reputation beyond reputenuclearnerd has a reputation beyond reputenuclearnerd has a reputation beyond repute
Re: DataZ for FRC: Mo DataZ Mo Problems?

Are the points on the heat maps separated by an even time interval? Can we use the spacing to calculate speed?
Reply With Quote
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-29-2017, 12:33 AM
Andrew Schreiber Andrew Schreiber is offline
User
no team
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Rookie Year: 2000
Location: Misplaced Michigander
Posts: 4,554
Andrew Schreiber has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Schreiber has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Schreiber has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Schreiber has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Schreiber has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Schreiber has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Schreiber has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Schreiber has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Schreiber has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Schreiber has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Schreiber has a reputation beyond repute
Re: DataZ for FRC: Mo DataZ Mo Problems?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DataZ_Info View Post
Hi again everyone! Yes, we know, we said Cyber Monday and it is now Tradesman Tuesday. As the title suggests, while sifting through these data points and developing the applications to parse and display the results we hit a few snags. These issues were not entirely unexpected but sadly delayed this release.

We are now on imgur!

We have uploaded a gallery for your viewing pleasure that includes Heat Maps for all Qual matches at the Half Hollow Hills Invitational.

We have updated our YouTube channel with 7 more videos!

We have a nice collection of data playback for some elimination matches at about 4x speed. We will continue adding video playbacks if the community finds them interesting. To start with, we tried picking matches to show every robot at the event at least once.

***Teams at the event: If we missed you, post on here and we will find and upload one of yours!***

imgur: DataZ4FRC

YouTube: DataZ 4FRC

As always, questions, comments, and ideas are always welcome!

PS: Yes Andrew Schreiber we are still working out the best way to distribute the raw data (Team, Center X, Center Y, Orientation, Time, etc...)

Hey, I'm not picky. You should see some of the utter garbage I've gotten from government data. It's like they went out of their way to make it as unusable as possible. As long as you don't make me do a join on a normalized street address to get useable data I'll call it a win.
__________________




.
Reply With Quote
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-29-2017, 04:15 AM
AriMB's Avatar
AriMB AriMB is offline
The Philadelphian emigrant
AKA: Ari Meles-Braverman
FRC #5987 (Galaxia)
Team Role: Mentor
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Rookie Year: 2012
Location: Haifa, Israel
Posts: 1,296
AriMB has a reputation beyond reputeAriMB has a reputation beyond reputeAriMB has a reputation beyond reputeAriMB has a reputation beyond reputeAriMB has a reputation beyond reputeAriMB has a reputation beyond reputeAriMB has a reputation beyond reputeAriMB has a reputation beyond reputeAriMB has a reputation beyond reputeAriMB has a reputation beyond reputeAriMB has a reputation beyond repute
Re: DataZ for FRC: Mo DataZ Mo Problems?

First of all, I donít think Iíve posted on any of these threads yet, so Iíll say this technology is awesome. Iíd love to see it at every FRC event, perhaps even integrated into the FMS someday (hey I can dream )

Second, Iím assuming youíre open to feedback. I am having a hard time distinguishing between the different shades of red and blue, especially when theyíre not right next to each other. I like the idea of the red alliances being shades of red and blue being blue, but Iíd rather have more different colors that are easily distinguishable. Itís not as bad in the video playback, but itís still hard to tell which robot is which. Also, no matter what, a key showing which team is which color would be very helpful.
__________________
Studying MechE at the Technion - Israel Institute of Technology
2017-present: Technical Mentor FRC 5987
2017-present: CSA for FIRST Israel
2012-2016: Member FRC 423 Captian, Programmer (LabVIEW), Electrical, CAD, Manipulator, Chassis, Business, Outreach (everything)
Reply With Quote
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-29-2017, 08:06 PM
Dan Waxman Dan Waxman is offline
Registered User
FRC #0263 (Aftershock)
Team Role: Programmer
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Rookie Year: 2016
Location: Long Island
Posts: 72
Dan Waxman is a name known to allDan Waxman is a name known to allDan Waxman is a name known to allDan Waxman is a name known to allDan Waxman is a name known to allDan Waxman is a name known to all
Re: DataZ for FRC: Mo DataZ Mo Problems?

This data looks awesome! I'm glad we participated.
Reply With Quote
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-29-2017, 09:13 PM
DataZ_Info's Avatar
DataZ_Info DataZ_Info is offline
Registered User
no team
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: New York
Posts: 29
DataZ_Info is a jewel in the roughDataZ_Info is a jewel in the roughDataZ_Info is a jewel in the roughDataZ_Info is a jewel in the rough
Re: DataZ for FRC: Mo DataZ Mo Problems?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuclearnerd View Post
Are the points on the heat maps separated by an even time interval? Can we use the spacing to calculate speed?
Yes! and YES! Those data points are at even 100 ms intervals synchronized across all 6 robots. That is exactly how we were calculating the velocities in the videos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AriMB View Post
First of all, I donít think Iíve posted on any of these threads yet, so Iíll say this technology is awesome. Iíd love to see it at every FRC event, perhaps even integrated into the FMS someday (hey I can dream )
Second, Iím assuming youíre open to feedback. I am having a hard time distinguishing between the different shades of red and blue, especially when theyíre not right next to each other. I like the idea of the red alliances being shades of red and blue being blue, but Iíd rather have more different colors that are easily distinguishable. Itís not as bad in the video playback, but itís still hard to tell which robot is which. Also, no matter what, a key showing which team is which color would be very helpful.
We think we share the same dream. We are working hard to make that dream come true! Yes we love feedback. As for the colors for the heat maps and match playback, we went back and forth on color combinations and so when we release the viewer we plan on letting the user select colors. A key! D'OH >.<

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Waxman View Post
This data looks awesome! I'm glad we participated.
Thanks again for your support and participation!

Andrew, Pm sent.
Reply With Quote
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-29-2017, 10:22 PM
samthesnake's Avatar
samthesnake samthesnake is offline
SamD4256
AKA: Sam Dare
FRC #4256 (Cyborg Cats)
Team Role: Leadership
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Rookie Year: 2015
Location: St. Louis, Mo
Posts: 108
samthesnake will become famous soon enoughsamthesnake will become famous soon enough
Re: DataZ for FRC: Mo DataZ Mo Problems?

This data would be insanely helpful for strategy and scouting on just about every team. Thank you guys, and I think this has the potential to be a game changer for FRC.
__________________
"Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence." - Vince Lombardi

2015 - ? FRC Team 4256, Cyborg Cats

CAD and Strategy lead, drive coach
Reply With Quote
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-01-2017, 12:01 PM
DataZ_Info's Avatar
DataZ_Info DataZ_Info is offline
Registered User
no team
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: New York
Posts: 29
DataZ_Info is a jewel in the roughDataZ_Info is a jewel in the roughDataZ_Info is a jewel in the roughDataZ_Info is a jewel in the rough
Re: DataZ for FRC: Mo DataZ Mo Problems?

We are making the DataZ data for the matches shown on our YouTube channel available at the following link:

http://goo.gl/nhua8k

This links to a folder on our Google Drive where we have matches stored.

Each folder contains 6 CSV files. The first line of each is Team Number and Match Number
The following lines are the x and y coordinates on the field in feet.
(0,0) is the corner closest to the Red Boiler.
X is from 0-54 feet, y is from 0-27 feet
the third column is time

We are interested in seeing what the community can do with DataZ and so the rest of the match data will be made available mid December!
Reply With Quote
  #9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-02-2017, 01:54 AM
Andrew Schreiber Andrew Schreiber is offline
User
no team
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Rookie Year: 2000
Location: Misplaced Michigander
Posts: 4,554
Andrew Schreiber has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Schreiber has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Schreiber has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Schreiber has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Schreiber has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Schreiber has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Schreiber has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Schreiber has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Schreiber has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Schreiber has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Schreiber has a reputation beyond repute
Re: DataZ for FRC: Mo DataZ Mo Problems?

Just for giggles - here's some gifs from a VERY rudimentary visualizer (they are actually a nice buttery smooth animation live but gifs...)

358's movement in match number 12


All teams in match 201


And just for giggles - 4 matches worth of data all at once


I'll work on cleaning it up tomorrow and adding error handling code so it checks that what you dropped in is a csv file.

Now with video... and color https://youtu.be/ABw6mZtSmtw
__________________




.

Last edited by Andrew Schreiber : 12-02-2017 at 03:16 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-02-2017, 08:21 AM
Michael Hill's Avatar
Michael Hill Michael Hill is offline
Registered User
FRC #3138 (Innovators Robotics)
Team Role: Mentor
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Rookie Year: 2003
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 1,774
Michael Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Hill has a reputation beyond repute
Re: DataZ for FRC: Mo DataZ Mo Problems?

This type of data is very exciting. My team has been doing location-based scouting since 2013 which requires students with tablets tapping locations on a playing field and hitting buttons to say what happened. This would alleviate so much work from the scouter standpoint. I really hope this data will be available in the coming FRC seasons.
Reply With Quote
  #11   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-02-2017, 09:03 AM
Happy Birthday! Foster Foster is online now
Engineering Program Management
VRC #8081 (STEMRobotics)
Team Role: Mentor
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Rookie Year: 2005
Location: Delaware
Posts: 1,480
Foster has a reputation beyond reputeFoster has a reputation beyond reputeFoster has a reputation beyond reputeFoster has a reputation beyond reputeFoster has a reputation beyond reputeFoster has a reputation beyond reputeFoster has a reputation beyond reputeFoster has a reputation beyond reputeFoster has a reputation beyond reputeFoster has a reputation beyond reputeFoster has a reputation beyond repute
Re: DataZ for FRC: Mo DataZ Mo Problems?

This is very cool. Is there a way to overlay the game elements? That would let teams see what they were doing. I'm always on my drive team to "drive with a purpose" Dataz gives a way to see how well they getting to feeders and goals.

Thanks

Sorry, just went back to watch the video. That's what I was looking for!!
__________________
Foster - VEX Delaware - 17 teams in 2016/17 -> 62 teams 2017/18 -- Chief Roboteer STEMRobotics.org
2010 - Mentor of the Year - VEX Clean Sweep World Championship
2006-2017, over a decade of doing VEX, time really flies while having fun
Downingtown Area Robotics Web site and VEXMen Team Site come see what we can do for you.

Last edited by Foster : 12-02-2017 at 09:06 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #12   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-04-2017, 12:55 AM
Andrew Schreiber Andrew Schreiber is offline
User
no team
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Rookie Year: 2000
Location: Misplaced Michigander
Posts: 4,554
Andrew Schreiber has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Schreiber has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Schreiber has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Schreiber has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Schreiber has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Schreiber has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Schreiber has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Schreiber has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Schreiber has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Schreiber has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Schreiber has a reputation beyond repute
Re: DataZ for FRC: Mo DataZ Mo Problems?

Made some css tweaks to make it less ugly, apparently broke something in Safari so for now - Chrome only.

https://schreiaj.github.io/dataz-viz/

I didn't provide any data since I never really got an answer from Zebra about the license on the data files and didn't want to redistribute anything I didn't have permission to.

Just drag and drop any number of the csvs provided by DataZ into it. Remove file by clicking on the team_no/match label.

May get cleaned up over the next couple days depending on work stuff.
__________________




.
Reply With Quote
  #13   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-04-2017, 04:54 PM
DataZ_Info's Avatar
DataZ_Info DataZ_Info is offline
Registered User
no team
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: New York
Posts: 29
DataZ_Info is a jewel in the roughDataZ_Info is a jewel in the roughDataZ_Info is a jewel in the roughDataZ_Info is a jewel in the rough
Re: DataZ for FRC: Mo DataZ Mo Problems?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Schreiber View Post
Made some css tweaks to make it less ugly, apparently broke something in Safari so for now - Chrome only.

https://schreiaj.github.io/dataz-viz/

I didn't provide any data since I never really got an answer from Zebra about the license on the data files and didn't want to redistribute anything I didn't have permission to.

Just drag and drop any number of the csvs provided by DataZ into it. Remove file by clicking on the team_no/match label.

May get cleaned up over the next couple days depending on work stuff.
We saw this and it looks pretty cool! We like the idea of a drag and drop for the CSV files. The DataZ files for the HHH invitational already released above are not licensed at all and so are free for anyone to use. The CSV formatting will likely change slightly in future versions as we continue to evaluate the system. We will also be releasing our sample viewer code, as is, under some Open Source licensing arrangement. Coinciding with the release of the rest of the DataZ for the HHH invitational we are also looking into hosting a Hackathon for teams interested in working with us on DataZ viewers and a CADathon for teams interested in creating extensible tag to robot connection attachments. More details on those will follow, if enough people seem interested in this.
Reply With Quote
  #14   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-04-2017, 05:01 PM
Andrew Schreiber Andrew Schreiber is offline
User
no team
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Rookie Year: 2000
Location: Misplaced Michigander
Posts: 4,554
Andrew Schreiber has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Schreiber has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Schreiber has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Schreiber has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Schreiber has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Schreiber has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Schreiber has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Schreiber has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Schreiber has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Schreiber has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Schreiber has a reputation beyond repute
Re: DataZ for FRC: Mo DataZ Mo Problems?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DataZ_Info View Post
We saw this and it looks pretty cool! We like the idea of a drag and drop for the CSV files. The DataZ files for the HHH invitational already released above are not licensed at all and so are free for anyone to use. The CSV formatting will likely change slightly in future versions as we continue to evaluate the system. We will also be releasing our sample viewer code, as is, under some Open Source licensing arrangement. Coinciding with the release of the rest of the DataZ for the HHH invitational we are also looking into hosting a Hackathon for teams interested in working with us on DataZ viewers and a CADathon for teams interested in creating extensible tag to robot connection attachments. More details on those will follow, if enough people seem interested in this.
Cool, if it changes I'll push some updates.

Some requests, having different rows representing different things is a serious pain as most CSV parsers want to use the first row as either headers or data which isn't valid in this case. Heck, it might even make more sense to replicate that data as columns itself. This would facilitate loading of the data into a database more effectively at the cost of data normalization and file size.

Normalizing the time, while easy enough to do manually, would make it far easier to approach the data. I'm cheating and just stepping through the observations so I can ignore the time stamps but using match time steps might make life easier for other folks.
__________________




.
Reply With Quote
  #15   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-04-2017, 05:09 PM
Dan Waxman Dan Waxman is offline
Registered User
FRC #0263 (Aftershock)
Team Role: Programmer
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Rookie Year: 2016
Location: Long Island
Posts: 72
Dan Waxman is a name known to allDan Waxman is a name known to allDan Waxman is a name known to allDan Waxman is a name known to allDan Waxman is a name known to allDan Waxman is a name known to all
Re: DataZ for FRC: Mo DataZ Mo Problems?

I know Andrew already posted a pretty neat one but here was my take on the data viewer: https://danwaxman.github.io/DataZViewer/. It's very similar to Andrew's but has play/pause/speed control.

I had limited time this weekend so right now it's just a bunch of really hacky JS but I'm planning multiple team and CSV support some time tonight.

Edit: So far I added an image of a field and multiple team with CSV Support.

Last edited by Dan Waxman : 12-04-2017 at 10:16 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:39 PM.

The Chief Delphi Forums are sponsored by Innovation First International, Inc.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © Chief Delphi