OCCRA
Go to Post We all need to keep things in perspective. When you look back at the entire 2005 FIRST season, is your entire experience defined by the presence of a little cloth flag on the play field? - dlavery [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > ChiefDelphi.com Website > Extra Discussion
CD-Media  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-04-2018, 04:59 PM
AKA: Tim Flynn
FRC #1257 (Parallel Universe), #1228 (RoboTribe)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2016
tjf has a reputation beyond reputetjf has a reputation beyond reputetjf has a reputation beyond reputetjf has a reputation beyond reputetjf has a reputation beyond reputetjf has a reputation beyond reputetjf has a reputation beyond reputetjf has a reputation beyond reputetjf has a reputation beyond reputetjf has a reputation beyond reputetjf has a reputation beyond repute
paper: An FRC Anthology

Thread created automatically to discuss a document in CD-Media.

An FRC Anthology by tjf

Overview:
When I started out in FRC in 2016, I tried to make a loose set of notes that could help me through it, and that I could reference. Those notes still sucked, but ended up helping quite a few people out, to my shock.

Abstract:
This summer, as I enter my fourth year involved in FRC, I set out to document the different aspects of the program, and as much of what I learned as possible. Strategy, Imagery, Business, Awards, and of course, the Robot. I included the best practices I learned that made sense, and asked for help from community members, mentors, and volunteers who were willing to lend a hand.

Releasing early in September was a goal of mine as I wanted to get it out to teams before the build season and their training starts. That way, if a part of the document is helpful or inspires change, they can make it for this season and hopefully do better.

Special Thanks To:
Volunteers
Jon Kentfield
Cothron Theiss
H. Newman
Howard Cohen
Nick Hammes

Mentors & Students
Jordan S. (FRC 1902 | Exploding Bacon)
Maddox C. (FRC 2197 | Las Pumas)
Calvin Tran (FRC 2410 | The Metal Mustangs)
Brian Maher (FRC 2791 | Shaker Robotics)
Hayley Y. (FRC 3132 | Thunder Down Under)
Param U. (FRC 4946 | The Alpha Dogs)
Justin Tervay (FRC 5254 | H.Y.P.E.)
Lori V. (FRC 5414 | Pearadox)
Bryce H. (FRC 6814 | Ellipse)

Links:
An FRC Anthology (gDrive Copy)
Additionally, two of the primers I had written for the Encyclopedia Robotica V2 were adapted for this project, and as such, probably are a good compliment.
Encyclopedia Robotica V2 (CD-Media Paper)

Last edited by tjf : 09-04-2018 at 06:13 PM.
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-04-2018, 04:59 PM

tjf has a reputation beyond reputetjf has a reputation beyond reputetjf has a reputation beyond reputetjf has a reputation beyond reputetjf has a reputation beyond reputetjf has a reputation beyond reputetjf has a reputation beyond reputetjf has a reputation beyond reputetjf has a reputation beyond reputetjf has a reputation beyond reputetjf has a reputation beyond repute
Re: paper: An FRC Anthology

This had already been distributed in some chats I'm in, so I figured I might as well share it on CD. Hope it's helpful!

1257 (2016) - Student
1257 (2017-Present) - Overactive Alumnus | 1228 (2017-Present) - I do stuff
KD2KRT
Papers: Encyclopedia Robotica v2 | An FRC Anthology
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-04-2018, 06:27 PM
AKA: Joe Barry
FRC #0987 (HIGH ROLLERS)
Team Role: Coach

Rookie Year: 2002
JB987 has a reputation beyond reputeJB987 has a reputation beyond reputeJB987 has a reputation beyond reputeJB987 has a reputation beyond reputeJB987 has a reputation beyond reputeJB987 has a reputation beyond reputeJB987 has a reputation beyond reputeJB987 has a reputation beyond reputeJB987 has a reputation beyond reputeJB987 has a reputation beyond reputeJB987 has a reputation beyond repute

Great job, Tim!
Love the format and the transformation of so much important information in an easily followed text. Your efforts will help so many teams, new and old. I will be sharing your awesome resource at some of the workshops we are hosting in the near future. Keep up the good work!
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-04-2018, 06:49 PM
AKA: Jonathan Sessa
FRC #4414 (HighTide)

Rookie Year: 2013
CptJJ is a name known to allCptJJ is a name known to allCptJJ is a name known to allCptJJ is a name known to allCptJJ is a name known to allCptJJ is a name known to all
Stoked to have made the cut for logo design! This is a super awesome recourse and we will definitely use to introduce FRC to students.
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-04-2018, 08:31 PM
AKA: David Carr
FRC #3309 (Friarbots)

Rookie Year: 2009
dcarr has a reputation beyond reputedcarr has a reputation beyond reputedcarr has a reputation beyond reputedcarr has a reputation beyond reputedcarr has a reputation beyond reputedcarr has a reputation beyond reputedcarr has a reputation beyond reputedcarr has a reputation beyond reputedcarr has a reputation beyond reputedcarr has a reputation beyond reputedcarr has a reputation beyond repute

This looks like a good resource with a lot of effort put in, nice work. It would be great if the PDF was searchable - right now I can't seem to search or select text.
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-04-2018, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcarr View Post
This looks like a good resource with a lot of effort put in, nice work. It would be great if the PDF was searchable - right now I can't seem to search or select text.
That's an unfortunate side effect of the formatting. I used fonts that Publisher attempted to convert to bitmaps, and the original intended format was paper where it wouldn't be an issue. I'll upload a copy in a searchable format sooner rather than later - it'll just be a significant amount of effort though.

1257 (2016) - Student
1257 (2017-Present) - Overactive Alumnus | 1228 (2017-Present) - I do stuff
KD2KRT
Papers: Encyclopedia Robotica v2 | An FRC Anthology

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: