OCCRA
Go to Post John Abele certainly deserves much more recognition than he gets. - Richard Wallace [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Other > Chit-Chat > Games/Trivia > Fantasy FIRST
CD-Media   CD-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#271   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-20-2012, 01:50 PM
New year, new team
FRC #1197 (Torbots)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2003
EricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond repute
Need Scoring Help

I need help.

Right now, besides factoring in elimination W-L-T records in Week 1, I have to do most of Week 2 and just about all of Week 3. I also have to concentrate on schoolwork.

So, here's where I need help: I need people to go through and score teams at events. It doesn't take very long to do an event; I'd prefer it if the pattern from http://www.chiefdelphi.com/media/papers/2463 was used with an added column for Coopertition points, but I'll take just about any format at this point. You can email it to me at eric (dot) husmann (at) mines (dot) sdsmt (dot) edu

The events I need scored: Week 2, other than Orlando and Toronto East; Week 3, except Chestnut Hill (already taken care of), and the Week 1 elimination W-L-T records need to be added in.

If you decide to take on one or more events, it would be helpful if you posted which events so we don't double up on effort.

I'll be running through WPI next, then Los Angeles. We'll see how many more I can do.

Also, one note, more for Ed than for anyone else: 3789 jumped from Cascade to Olympic. Ed has first crack at them in Olympic, but will need to replace them in Cascade.

There are also a number of FF teams with missing or double-picked teams in Week 4.
Dodar: 2449 (Arizona) and 2151 (Midwest) are double-picked.
Flippin' the Greatest: 375 (Hawaii), 693 (Boston), and 3115 (Niles 2) are missing; 4074 (Palmetto) is double-picked.
ProgramLuke: 2353 (Colorado) and 2984 (Olympic) are missing.

"Rockets are tricky..."--Elon Musk

#272   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-20-2012, 02:33 PM
Serial Volunteer
AKA: Ed Patterson
FRC #0191

Rookie Year: 2002
Koko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Need Scoring Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricH View Post
I need help.

Right now, besides factoring in elimination W-L-T records in Week 1, I have to do most of Week 2 and just about all of Week 3. I also have to concentrate on schoolwork.

So, here's where I need help: I need people to go through and score teams at events. It doesn't take very long to do an event; I'd prefer it if the pattern from http://www.chiefdelphi.com/media/papers/2463 was used with an added column for Coopertition points, but I'll take just about any format at this point. You can email it to me at eric (dot) husmann (at) mines (dot) sdsmt (dot) edu

The events I need scored: Week 2, other than Orlando and Toronto East; Week 3, except Chestnut Hill (already taken care of), and the Week 1 elimination W-L-T records need to be added in.

If you decide to take on one or more events, it would be helpful if you posted which events so we don't double up on effort.

I'll be running through WPI next, then Los Angeles. We'll see how many more I can do.

Also, one note, more for Ed than for anyone else: 3789 jumped from Cascade to Olympic. Ed has first crack at them in Olympic, but will need to replace them in Cascade.

There are also a number of FF teams with missing or double-picked teams in Week 4.
Dodar: 2449 (Arizona) and 2151 (Midwest) are double-picked.
Flippin' the Greatest: 375 (Hawaii), 693 (Boston), and 3115 (Niles 2) are missing; 4074 (Palmetto) is double-picked.
ProgramLuke: 2353 (Colorado) and 2984 (Olympic) are missing.
Just replace the escapee with another random team.
  #273   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-23-2012, 11:45 PM
New year, new team
FRC #1197 (Torbots)

EricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond repute
Re: [FF]: 2012 Season Long Fantasy FIRST!

Looks like I get to repeat myself.

I need people to step up and score one or two events, or more, or I'll never get done in time for the Region Championships (MI and MAR) and the Championship. And, with the Championship draft order being decided based on the points order from the regular season, not having the scores in in time means inaccurate draft orders.

So, here is what I need in order of priority:

1) W-L-T record for eliminations only from San Diego, Israel, Kettering, Hatboro-Horsham, and Gull Lake. I get those, I can finalize the Week 1 results (I've been finding some point jumps due to eliminations).
2) Full scoring for any district events after Week 1.
3) Full scoring for any non-district events after Week 1 other than Orlando, WPI, Los Angeles, and GTR-E.

Full scoring of an event should take about half an hour; the toughest part is digging out the elimination W-L-T correctly.

There also a few known missing teams from Week 5 events. I'll issue the reminders for those after the events finish tomorrow.

#274   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-24-2012, 05:29 AM
Serial Volunteer
FRC #0191

Koko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Looks like I get to repeat myself.

I need people to step up and score one or two events, or more, or I'll never get done in time for the Region Championships (MI and MAR) and the Championship. And, with the Championship draft order being decided based on the points order from the regular season, not having the scores in in time means inaccurate draft orders.

So, here is what I need in order of priority:

1) W-L-T record for eliminations only from San Diego, Israel, Kettering, Hatboro-Horsham, and Gull Lake. I get those, I can finalize the Week 1 results (I've been finding some point jumps due to eliminations).
2) Full scoring for any district events after Week 1.
3) Full scoring for any non-district events after Week 1 other than Orlando, WPI, Los Angeles, and GTR-E.

Full scoring of an event should take about half an hour; the toughest part is digging out the elimination W-L-T correctly.

There also a few known missing teams from Week 5 events. I'll issue the reminders for those after the events finish tomorrow.
I'll see what I can do.
  #275   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-27-2012, 12:31 AM
New year, new team
FRC #1197 (Torbots)

Missing teams--Week 5

The following are missing teams in Week 5:

Untouchables: Connecticut 2265
Flippin' the Greatest: Long Island 287, Troy 3609
Awesome: Oklahoma 2773, Dallas West 2583
Dodar: Dallas West 2345
Shoelace: Livonia 4405, Mt. Olive 2234
B.O.T.: Mt. Olive 2559

If you're missing a team, I'd really appreciate it if you either replace them or tell me that you want a random early--the earlier you say "random", the earlier I can assign one and forget all about it until scoring.

Also, I'd appreciate it if people started looking at their alliances in Las Vegas--8 teams that were drafted are not attending, and one of the teams on the available list has dropped out as well. So if folks start looking now, it'll save us all a ton of time and trouble later.

#276   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-27-2012, 12:12 PM
That was a short break
FRC #2826 (Wave Robotics)

Rookie Year: 2001
EricLeifermann has a reputation beyond reputeEricLeifermann has a reputation beyond reputeEricLeifermann has a reputation beyond reputeEricLeifermann has a reputation beyond reputeEricLeifermann has a reputation beyond reputeEricLeifermann has a reputation beyond reputeEricLeifermann has a reputation beyond reputeEricLeifermann has a reputation beyond reputeEricLeifermann has a reputation beyond reputeEricLeifermann has a reputation beyond reputeEricLeifermann has a reputation beyond repute

We'll take a random for Conn

#277   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-27-2012, 11:59 PM
New year, new team
FRC #1197 (Torbots)

Random team assigned.

Quick note: If you're having trouble with the scoring template from last year, I got some help from MOE's league with scoring Chestnut Hill and Lenape. They made some suggestions, so I incorporated them into a revised sheet, which is posted at http://www.chiefdelphi.com/media/papers/2655.

Also, any event is fair game to score other than the above-mentioned districts and the MI districts (taken by one of the league members). If you have half an hour to an hour, feel free to score an event that you like and send me the score sheets.

I will do my best to have the MI and MAR scores posted up before those areas have their championships (Week 7) so that everyone can see how their favorite teams actually did.

#278   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-28-2012, 04:02 AM
Serial Volunteer
FRC #0191

Quote:
Random team assigned.

Quick note: If you're having trouble with the scoring template from last year, I got some help from MOE's league with scoring Chestnut Hill and Lenape. They made some suggestions, so I incorporated them into a revised sheet, which is posted at http://www.chiefdelphi.com/media/papers/2655.

Also, any event is fair game to score other than the above-mentioned districts and the MI districts (taken by one of the league members). If you have half an hour to an hour, feel free to score an event that you like and send me the score sheets.

I will do my best to have the MI and MAR scores posted up before those areas have their championships (Week 7) so that everyone can see how their favorite teams actually did.
Yeah. Scoring the way week one was scored is taking waaaaaaaay too long. I just want to enter relevant information that actually affects coring, Not teloperated points, bridge points and hybrid points.
  #279   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-28-2012, 09:07 PM
FRC #3607 (Technologic)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2011
Cody Burd is a name known to allCody Burd is a name known to allCody Burd is a name known to allCody Burd is a name known to allCody Burd is a name known to allCody Burd is a name known to all

Random
  #280   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-28-2012, 10:13 PM
New year, new team
FRC #1197 (Torbots)

Anybody who uses the spreadsheet I posted last night:

The spreadsheet counts RI twice if given, and quality zero times. I will post an updated version later tonight to correct this; the reasonably astute Excel users can make the fix themselves (it isn't hard to do).

I've posted a corrected version. Now to finish scoring...

Last edited by EricH : 03-28-2012 at 10:25 PM.
  #281   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-01-2012, 12:48 AM
New year, new team
FRC #1197 (Torbots)

Scoring Status

Ok, here is the status on scoring.

With Week 5 wrapping up tomorrow, I've scored through most of Week 2, and a couple of events in Week 3. I've got one volunteer dealing with Michigan; I should be able to finish off MAR scoring tomorrow and post that as a spreadsheet during next week. Hopefully, the Michigan scoring will follow (or if that volunteer could drop Waterford my way, I can finish Week 2).

There's just one problem--well, two actually.

The easy one is, there are a bunch of teams missing in Las Vegas. Koko Ed, Awesome, Flippin' the Greatest, ProgramLuke, Shoelace, and Untouchables are all missing at least one team. If you want random, first one to speak gets the first random team. Otherwise, I get to sort that out during Week 6 scoring.

And the harder one: 7 events in Week 3, 12 events in Week 4, and 13 events in Week 5 are not scored. (It'll be 14 in Week 5 tomorrow, but I plan to take care of Mount Olive.) There will be a further 6 events in Week 6. And we still have to draft for MSC and the MAR Championship (Week 7) and the Championship itself (4 divisional drafts). And I'm still dealing with Week 1 elimination rescoring.

That said, I do have a quick scoring update for up through Week 2. Missing one event (Waterford) there, and bearing in mind that not all the Week 1 eliminations have been included, the current standings (without scores) are:

Flippin' the Greatest (Akash, Chris, XaulZan, JackS)
Falcon (EricH)
Nemesis (Dr. Theta)
CircuitRunners (ghostmachine360, Wing,iPenguin)
Dodar (dodar)
Shoelace (Basel A, Nikeairmancurry)
Awesome (Duke461, O'sancheski)
ProgramLuke (ProgramLuke)
1676 (Hallry)
191 X-Cats (Koko Ed)
Untouchables (Tyler Olds, EricLeiferman)
B.O.T (Cody Burd)

For a closeness indication: the top 3 are all within 120 points of each other and 200 points away from the rest of the pack. They've also pulled two consecutive weeks over 1000 points per FF team. The next three are within 70 points of each other, and have a 100-point gap to the rest of the pack.

Tomorrow, I plan to finish off the Week 1 elims and start in on Week 3 scoring. If anybody would like to help, drop me a PM or CD email with what event(s) you'd like to score. Scoring takes about half an hour per event, including scoring all the FF teams.

#282   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-01-2012, 10:37 AM
That was a short break
FRC #2826 (Wave Robotics)

Rookie Year: 2001
EricLeifermann has a reputation beyond reputeEricLeifermann has a reputation beyond reputeEricLeifermann has a reputation beyond reputeEricLeifermann has a reputation beyond reputeEricLeifermann has a reputation beyond reputeEricLeifermann has a reputation beyond reputeEricLeifermann has a reputation beyond reputeEricLeifermann has a reputation beyond reputeEricLeifermann has a reputation beyond reputeEricLeifermann has a reputation beyond reputeEricLeifermann has a reputation beyond repute

we will take randoms for any teams we are missing for any event that we are missing teams

#283   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-01-2012, 05:19 PM
New year, new team
FRC #1197 (Torbots)

Scoring update: I've taken care of most of the Week 1 issues, and I now announce that the MAR scores are posted at http://www.chiefdelphi.com/media/papers/2660.

As a reminder, MAR will need to draft sometime between now and a week from Wednesday, whenever the event is mostly filled. (Ed, did you have a date in mind?) MSC will likely be run at the same time.

Las Vegas: There are enough available teams to fill all the remaining holes. Barely. First come, first serve, otherwise I go by draft order. (I also discovered that Nemesis is missing a team there.)

#284   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-01-2012, 07:50 PM
Boiler Strong.
AKA: Ben Carson
FRC #0461 (Westside Boiler Invasion)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2010
Duke461 has a reputation beyond reputeDuke461 has a reputation beyond reputeDuke461 has a reputation beyond reputeDuke461 has a reputation beyond reputeDuke461 has a reputation beyond reputeDuke461 has a reputation beyond reputeDuke461 has a reputation beyond reputeDuke461 has a reputation beyond reputeDuke461 has a reputation beyond reputeDuke461 has a reputation beyond reputeDuke461 has a reputation beyond repute

randoms for all missing teams
-Duke

The opposite of excellence is good enough.
2012-2013 President; 2011-2012 Vice President
2011-offseason FRC Student Drive Coach; 2010-11, 2011-2012 VEX Drive Coach
2011, 2010-offseason FRC Driver/Operator
2012, 2011-offseason, 2010-offseason FRC Human Player
Find me on: Facebook, Gmail, Twitter, Tumblr, Blogger/Blogspot
  #285   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-01-2012, 07:52 PM
Captain
AKA: Luke
FRC #2169 (KING TeC)
Team Role: Programmer

Rookie Year: 2009
ProgramLuke is an unknown quantity at this point

I will take randoms at any events i have missing teams for.
Thanks!
2012 Wisconsin Regional Entrepreneurship Award
2012 Lake Superior Regional Chairman's Award
2012 Lake Superior Regional Champion
2012 Lake Superior Innovation in Control
2011 Championship Imagery Award
2011 Championship Archimedes Quarterfinalist
2011 Minnesota 10000 Lakes Finalists
2011 Lake Superior Regional Chairman's Award
2011 Lake Superior Finalists
2010 FTC World Championship Finalist
2010 FTC World Championship Edison Division Champion