OCCRA
Go to Post there is no such thing as too many parts or useless parts, only parts you dont need yet. - Cuog [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > General Forum
CD-Media  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
  #1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-18-2004, 02:36 AM
18 Years of FIRST!
AKA: Oscar Vasquez
FRC #4501 (Humans)
Team Role: Coach

Rookie Year: 2001
SpaceOsc has a brilliant futureSpaceOsc has a brilliant futureSpaceOsc has a brilliant futureSpaceOsc has a brilliant futureSpaceOsc has a brilliant futureSpaceOsc has a brilliant futureSpaceOsc has a brilliant futureSpaceOsc has a brilliant futureSpaceOsc has a brilliant futureSpaceOsc has a brilliant futureSpaceOsc has a brilliant future
Wink How do You Chiefdelphi?

I just wanted to see how people inthe FIRST community used chiefdelphi

being one of the only poeple on my team that activitly is involved on chiefdelphi, i keep the team connected to the first of the community. i usually just get help with small problems or quick questions and to find out about the best teams of the season. or when im bored. it helps me Not do work alot too

How do You Chiefdelphi?

2014-2019: Team 4501, Coach/Lead Mentor
2002-2011: Team 702, Mentor
2001-2002: Team 702, Captain

Last edited by SpaceOsc : 05-18-2004 at 02:42 AM.
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-18-2004, 02:37 AM
AKA: Cory McBride
FRC #0254 (The Cheesy Poofs)
Team Role: Engineer

Cory has a reputation beyond reputeCory has a reputation beyond reputeCory has a reputation beyond reputeCory has a reputation beyond reputeCory has a reputation beyond reputeCory has a reputation beyond reputeCory has a reputation beyond reputeCory has a reputation beyond reputeCory has a reputation beyond reputeCory has a reputation beyond reputeCory has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How do You Use Cheifdephi?

To waste time when I have lots of work, or anytime in general.

Cory
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-18-2004, 06:02 AM
Down at the railroad
AKA: Jason Hartmann
FRC #0237 (Black Magic)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 1999
Jay H 237 has a reputation beyond reputeJay H 237 has a reputation beyond reputeJay H 237 has a reputation beyond reputeJay H 237 has a reputation beyond reputeJay H 237 has a reputation beyond reputeJay H 237 has a reputation beyond reputeJay H 237 has a reputation beyond reputeJay H 237 has a reputation beyond reputeJay H 237 has a reputation beyond reputeJay H 237 has a reputation beyond reputeJay H 237 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Jay H 237
Re: How do You Cheifdelphi?

Whenever I happen to be by the computer. I have the Chief Delphi forums set in my "favorites" list. I usually check the forums a few times a day just to see what's going on or to check up on a thread that interests me. I also check the forums after I've been on Ebay looking for extra parts for my '68 Mustang.
2005 WINNERS of the Radio Shack Innovation in Control Award (not once, but twice! )
2004 WINNERS ------ Johnson & Johnson Mid-Atlantic Regional (also thanks to our alliances 56 & 303)
2004 General Motors Industrial Design Award Winners
2004 Archimedes Quarterfinalists (also thanks to our alliances 121 & 386)

NEMO _________ NonEngineering Mentor Organization
"Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot!" - author unknown
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-18-2004, 06:33 AM
Blue Shirt
no team

Rookie Year: 2003
JohnBoucher has a reputation beyond reputeJohnBoucher has a reputation beyond reputeJohnBoucher has a reputation beyond reputeJohnBoucher has a reputation beyond reputeJohnBoucher has a reputation beyond reputeJohnBoucher has a reputation beyond reputeJohnBoucher has a reputation beyond reputeJohnBoucher has a reputation beyond reputeJohnBoucher has a reputation beyond reputeJohnBoucher has a reputation beyond reputeJohnBoucher has a reputation beyond repute

Iíve found that only a few members from any team actually are active users of Chief Delphi. That really is a shame since there is so much information here.

The beauty of Chief Delphi and what I get the most from it is the community. We all have our own teams that we are involved with, but there is so much more to it. FIRST is so much more than 6 weeks of build and some competition, but itís awareness.

Everyone is changed by the FIRST experience. We all work toward a common goal. Think about each team being a city, and FIRST as the country that we all belong to. It would be a shame if we kept our city to ourselves. We have ideas to share. Chief Delphi allows us to do that. It binds us as a community.
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-18-2004, 07:15 AM
Mentor
AKA: Nelson Green
FRC #1108 (Panther Robotics)

Rookie Year: 2002
ngreen has a reputation beyond reputengreen has a reputation beyond reputengreen has a reputation beyond reputengreen has a reputation beyond reputengreen has a reputation beyond reputengreen has a reputation beyond reputengreen has a reputation beyond reputengreen has a reputation beyond reputengreen has a reputation beyond reputengreen has a reputation beyond reputengreen has a reputation beyond repute

I guess CD is my connection to the FIRST community. A lot of times I come heat to just read some of the opinions and learn some new things. I try to use it to keep the team I mentor more aware of the FIRST community and its ideals.

It is good at reminding you how little this competition is a robot building competition at times. I enjoy reading many of the people thought and opinions and try to offer my own opinions whenever I think they will constructively add to a thread.

I am the main person who has spent time one CD for my team. A couple of mentors have been on at times as guest but don't post. I've been working on getting team members interested in joining the site because I think they could get a lot more out of it than me. I think this summer I will focus on getting our teams programmers and animators on here because CD has many great resources for these people that are currently not taken advantage of by any of my team members.
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-18-2004, 09:05 AM
Programming User
FRC #1317 (Digital Fusion)
Team Role: Programmer

Rookie Year: 2004
Ryan M. has much to be proud ofRyan M. has much to be proud ofRyan M. has much to be proud ofRyan M. has much to be proud ofRyan M. has much to be proud ofRyan M. has much to be proud ofRyan M. has much to be proud ofRyan M. has much to be proud ofRyan M. has much to be proud of

I spend most of my time on the computer here. And, I'm the only active member on me team.

Points of those can be seen in previous posts.

#7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-18-2004, 09:47 AM
Reslife/FIRST/Disneyland Junkie
None #1212 (The Holy Hamsters)
Team Role: College Student

jpsaul7usa is just really nicejpsaul7usa is just really nicejpsaul7usa is just really nicejpsaul7usa is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to jpsaul7usa
Talking Re: How do You Cheifdelphi?

There are only two other people from my team who read the board, and we're all now mentors. I use the boards to find information and news and bring it back to the team. Like back in '03 when our motors were acting horribly, thanks to CD we found out about all the various things that could cause a motor trouble, and that we pretty much had every single problem . This year CD was our best resource in figuring out what the heck was going to happen in Atlanta since we had no clue. We wuv Chief Delphi .
2004 AZ Regional Leadership in Control Award, AZ Regional Champion (Woohoo! Thanks 330 and 585!!!), Newton 23rd Seed
2005 AZ Regional Delphi Driving Tomorrow's Technology Award, AZ Regional Finalist (Thanks 991 and 987!!!)

The Holy Hamster Motto: It's only temporary... unless it works.
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-18-2004, 09:48 AM
Many years, many teams
FRC #2473 (Goldstrikers)

Steve Howland has a reputation beyond reputeSteve Howland has a reputation beyond reputeSteve Howland has a reputation beyond reputeSteve Howland has a reputation beyond reputeSteve Howland has a reputation beyond reputeSteve Howland has a reputation beyond reputeSteve Howland has a reputation beyond reputeSteve Howland has a reputation beyond reputeSteve Howland has a reputation beyond reputeSteve Howland has a reputation beyond reputeSteve Howland has a reputation beyond repute

I have delphi as my home page so I can stay connected to FIRST whenever I log on. I like top spend time here to keep myself connected to FIRST as well as helping my team stay updated on the FIRST community. I also like to have delphi there for problems or questions that my team has.
-Diobsidian
  #9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-18-2004, 10:07 AM
Tie Wrap-Not Cable Tie or Zip tie
AKA: Stephen Denman
FRC #0759 (Systemetric)

Denman has much to be proud ofDenman has much to be proud ofDenman has much to be proud ofDenman has much to be proud ofDenman has much to be proud ofDenman has much to be proud ofDenman has much to be proud ofDenman has much to be proud ofDenman has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to Denman Send a message via AIM to Denman Send a message via MSN to Denman Send a message via Yahoo to Denman
Re: How do You Chiefdelphi?

bein the most active person on cd in my team, i use it b/c i find there are usually some interesting things giong on here
Eg
the maths / science forums are usually bustling with things that geeks like me actuallty read/ care bout.
It has been useful in the past for things and i have no dougbt it will be again

FIRSTWiki.org - Contribute, learn, inspire.

"Teach the way of the GP and the way of the GP shall teach you" - Me
  #10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-18-2004, 10:14 AM
Greg Needel's Avatar Unsung FIRST Hero
Who? BBQ!
FRC #7720 (BBQ)

Greg Needel has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Needel has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Needel has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Needel has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Needel has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Needel has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Needel has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Needel has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Needel has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Needel has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Needel has a reputation beyond repute

i use chiefdelphi to stay connected to the FIRST world and try to provide help whenever i can....i get a great deal of enjoyment out of helping other teams and people with problems, that is probably the reason i am a mentor in the first place

it;s also alot of fun.....chiefdelphi is my one of my home "tabs" (mozilla)
  #11   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-18-2004, 10:18 AM
The Crazy One
AKA: Steve
FRC #0365 (MOE)
Team Role: Mechanical

Rookie Year: 2004
MOEmaniac has a spectacular aura aboutMOEmaniac has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to MOEmaniac Send a message via Yahoo to MOEmaniac

I use chiefdelphi to stay connected with friends on other teams and to offer my help with things that I might be knowledgeable about.

2005 Record
Pittsburgh Regional: #1 seeded, Finalist - Thanks teams 808 and 869, Entrepreneurship Award, Sportsmanship Award, Website Award
Philly Regional: #2 seeded, Champions - Thanks teams 56 and 316, WFA Lou Rosanio, Chairmans Award
Nationals: Still to come

2004 Record
New Jersey Regional: Quarterfinalists - Thanks teams 25 and 103, Judges Award
Philly Regional: Quarterfinalists - Thanks teams 1370 and 1143, Imagery Award, Website Award, WFA Joe Perrito
Nationals: Galileo Finalists - Thanks teams 177 and 27, National Imagery Award
  #12   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-18-2004, 10:45 AM
A Nuke Would Do The Job!
FRC #0865 (WARP 7)
Team Role: Alumni

geo is a jewel in the roughgeo is a jewel in the roughgeo is a jewel in the roughgeo is a jewel in the rough

I use chiefdelphi to my brain "update" on FIRST community And I am the only one on our team that active on chiedelphi.

I usually check forum twice a day. Sometime I ask stupid questions or post some info just to participate This is a really nice and organized site.
  #13   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-18-2004, 11:11 AM
Grow Up? Why?
no team

Steve W has a reputation beyond reputeSteve W has a reputation beyond reputeSteve W has a reputation beyond reputeSteve W has a reputation beyond reputeSteve W has a reputation beyond reputeSteve W has a reputation beyond reputeSteve W has a reputation beyond reputeSteve W has a reputation beyond reputeSteve W has a reputation beyond reputeSteve W has a reputation beyond reputeSteve W has a reputation beyond repute

I love the interaction. Sincere people willing to speak their mind and share ideas. What a better way to learn. I enjoy the insight of the students. being an old working guy, I have learned that instead of becoming a grumpy old man (NO comments from Team 188 or Karthik) I become encouraged and energized. ChiefDelphi extends the competition season year round and keeps me in touch with those that would like to lose track of me. I applaud the word done here and I am thankful for the priviledge of membership.
  #14   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-18-2004, 11:19 AM
Chief of FUN
no team (First Updates Now)

Tyler Olds has a reputation beyond reputeTyler Olds has a reputation beyond reputeTyler Olds has a reputation beyond reputeTyler Olds has a reputation beyond reputeTyler Olds has a reputation beyond reputeTyler Olds has a reputation beyond reputeTyler Olds has a reputation beyond reputeTyler Olds has a reputation beyond reputeTyler Olds has a reputation beyond reputeTyler Olds has a reputation beyond reputeTyler Olds has a reputation beyond repute

Chief delphi is a great way to communicate ideas, meet people, and gain knowledge is multiple fields. I use it to either get help, help other people, or to sometimes jsut have fun. I mean hey, I met my g/f through chiefdelphi!
CD Moderator
  #15   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-18-2004, 01:35 PM
Roboticsrob
FTC #10092 (Green.Griffins;)

Rob Colatutto is a splendid one to beholdRob Colatutto is a splendid one to beholdRob Colatutto is a splendid one to beholdRob Colatutto is a splendid one to beholdRob Colatutto is a splendid one to beholdRob Colatutto is a splendid one to beholdRob Colatutto is a splendid one to behold

Comming from 2 active CD using teams, (263 and 229), I always have thought of CD as the place to come for answers. Now I help give the answers as a moderator and MechE mentor for team 229. If you were to ask me in 2001 when I joined FIRST where I would have been in 4 years...probably not what I would have said, but quite glad I got here.

As for reading CD threads...I usually do not read anything in chit-chat and stick to the more technical forums and off-season discussion.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: