OCCRA
Go to Post if your robot weighs 1-1/2 tons, you have bigger problems then the legality of that jack... - ekapalka [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Competition > District Events
CD-Media   CD-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-26-2017, 09:42 PM
FRC #4505

XtremeFate is a splendid one to beholdXtremeFate is a splendid one to beholdXtremeFate is a splendid one to beholdXtremeFate is a splendid one to beholdXtremeFate is a splendid one to beholdXtremeFate is a splendid one to behold
How often do teams decline district championship bids?

4505 is currently sitting at 61st in the district while the top 58 teams were taken. How likely is it that enough teams decline for us to attend?
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-26-2017, 10:10 PM
Heading to Indiana State for ComSci
AKA: Logan Kreisher
FRC #0234 (Cyber Blue)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2015
logank013 has a reputation beyond reputelogank013 has a reputation beyond reputelogank013 has a reputation beyond reputelogank013 has a reputation beyond reputelogank013 has a reputation beyond reputelogank013 has a reputation beyond reputelogank013 has a reputation beyond reputelogank013 has a reputation beyond reputelogank013 has a reputation beyond reputelogank013 has a reputation beyond reputelogank013 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How often do teams decline district championship bids?

In Indiana, we accept 32 teams for DCMP. For the last 2 years, we've only had 31 teams due to teams declining (I'm assuming). I'm not really sure why we were never able to fill that 32nd spot. I think it might be due to lack of time to re-invite teams. Either way, I hope this helps and, I wish you all luck to get into the DCMP.
Offseason 2 Wins (CORI: 234, 2614, 3266) (CAGE: 234, 868, 2791?), IRI, and IndyRAGE

2016 Regular Season (w/ 234)
1 NC District (Guilford: QF), 2 IN Districts (Warren: QF) (Perry: QF), and 1 DCMP (Indiana: QF)
Offseason IRI, Boiler Bot Battle, CAGE, and IndyRAGE

2017 Regular Season (w/ 234) 2 District Wins (Tippecanoe: 234, 1018, 4926) (Perry: 1501, 234, 2197), 1 DCMP (Indiana: QF), and 1 Half-Worlds (Curie: QF)

#3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-27-2017, 11:32 AM
Software + Drive Coach
AKA: Sam Maier
FRC #4917 (Sir Lancerbot)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2014
microbuns will become famous soon enough

I believe that you are 60th, since 587 is an out of district team that is "ahead" of you. Now you're only 2 spots away!
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-27-2017, 11:36 AM
FRC #4505

XtremeFate is a splendid one to beholdXtremeFate is a splendid one to beholdXtremeFate is a splendid one to beholdXtremeFate is a splendid one to beholdXtremeFate is a splendid one to beholdXtremeFate is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by logank013 View Post
In Indiana, we accept 32 teams for DCMP. For the last 2 years, we've only had 31 teams due to teams declining (I'm assuming). I'm not really sure why we were never able to fill that 32nd spot. I think it might be due to lack of time to re-invite teams. Either way, I hope this helps and, I wish you all luck to get into the DCMP.
Thanks for your reply, does Indiana have the standard 2 weeks between invites being released and the DCMP occurring? We heard that there were 6 declines last year and 2 re-invites from that. Could be a time constraint thing. Does anybody more familiar with CHS know what our chances look like (mentors are waiting to cancel our reservations).
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-27-2017, 11:40 AM
FRC #4505

Quote:
Originally Posted by microbuns View Post
I believe that you are 60th, since 587 is an out of district team that is "ahead" of you. Now you're only 2 spots away!
587 isn't listed on the CHS leaderboards that says 61st sadly.
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-27-2017, 11:54 AM
45 Alumni
AKA: Peyton Yeung
FRC #0461 (Westside Boiler Invasion)
Team Role: Coach

Rookie Year: 2009
Peyton Yeung has a reputation beyond reputePeyton Yeung has a reputation beyond reputePeyton Yeung has a reputation beyond reputePeyton Yeung has a reputation beyond reputePeyton Yeung has a reputation beyond reputePeyton Yeung has a reputation beyond reputePeyton Yeung has a reputation beyond reputePeyton Yeung has a reputation beyond reputePeyton Yeung has a reputation beyond reputePeyton Yeung has a reputation beyond reputePeyton Yeung has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by logank013 View Post
You'd be correct. Typically there have been a few declines from teams in the 30-36 range. Many of the declines were for financial reasons.

2017 Tippy Quarter Finalist, St. Joe Semi finalist

2016 Tippy Quarter Finalist, Warren Finalist, IN State Semi Finalist,B^3 Double Finalist
2015 Indy Semi finalist, Purdue Quarter Finalist, IN State Quarter Finalist, CORI QF, R2OC Finalist, RAGE Winner
2014 Boilermaker Semi finalist, Crossroads Quarter Finalist, & CAGE Quarter Finalist
45 Technokats
2013 Boilermaker Quarter finalist
2012 CAGE Semi finalist & Queen City Champion
2011 CAGE Quarter finalist & Midwest Semi finalist
2010 CAGE Quarter finalist, Boilermaker Champion, & Washington DC Quarter Finalist
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-27-2017, 12:11 PM
AKA: Brian Wyatt
FRC #0829 (The Digital Goats)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2013
ARampantBrian is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peyton Yeung View Post
Many of the declines were for financial reasons.
That and other times it's hard to convince a school corporation that cancelled plans for state after not initially qualifying to scramble those resources back together on relatively short notice.

I.E. what happened to us at 5188 last year when we got our chance to go to INcmps off of teams declining.

Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology
Mechanical Engineering | Class of 2019

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: