OCCRA
Go to Post I was cheering like mad during the last match on Einstein - I think the rest of my team thought I was crazy...or crazier than they thought I was before! - Sean Schuff [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > ChiefDelphi.com Website > Extra Discussion
CD-Media  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-27-2010, 07:32 PM
AKA: Dan Waters
FRC #1598 (Team Talon)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2005
DRH2o is a glorious beacon of lightDRH2o is a glorious beacon of lightDRH2o is a glorious beacon of lightDRH2o is a glorious beacon of lightDRH2o is a glorious beacon of lightDRH2o is a glorious beacon of light
pic: What did you get signed?

Photography by: Danny and Robby Levenson

Last edited by DRH2o : 04-27-2010 at 11:14 PM.
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-27-2010, 07:33 PM
Safety!!!!
AKA: Rick
FRC #2415 (WiredCats)
Team Role: Driver

Rookie Year: 2008
RMS11 is a splendid one to beholdRMS11 is a splendid one to beholdRMS11 is a splendid one to beholdRMS11 is a splendid one to beholdRMS11 is a splendid one to beholdRMS11 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to RMS11
Re: pic: What did you get signed?

Nice! Also, nice sign in the background!

2009 Peachtree Regional Champs
2009 Palmetto Regional Champs
2008 Peachtree Rookie All Star and Rookie Highest Seed
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-27-2010, 09:03 PM
Build bridges not walls.
AKA: Carolyn Noble
FRC #1024

Rookie Year: 2003
Carolyn_Grace has a reputation beyond reputeCarolyn_Grace has a reputation beyond reputeCarolyn_Grace has a reputation beyond reputeCarolyn_Grace has a reputation beyond reputeCarolyn_Grace has a reputation beyond reputeCarolyn_Grace has a reputation beyond reputeCarolyn_Grace has a reputation beyond reputeCarolyn_Grace has a reputation beyond reputeCarolyn_Grace has a reputation beyond reputeCarolyn_Grace has a reputation beyond reputeCarolyn_Grace has a reputation beyond repute

If I was a balding man, and Dean Kamen signed MY head, I'd immediately make my way to the nearest tattoo parlor and have them make it a permanent fixture. I wouldn't have washed it off! Just saying.

That's pretty funny. I know a bunch of the students on my team got their hats signed by Dean when he came to the Troy District. And I have a tshirt signed by Woodie, which I think is kinda cool. We also have a silly stuffed animal that looks like a bee but is shaped like a bear (appropriately named BeeBear) that Dean signed when two of my girls got to accept our award at the Championship this year. I think they may have been more excited about that than the trophy that they brought back, haha.
"It is change, continuing change, inevitable change, that is the dominant factor in society today. No sensible decision can be made any longer without taking into account not only the world as it is, but the world as it will be." -Isaac Asimov
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-27-2010, 11:41 PM
AKA: hank
FRC #1610 (Blackwater Robotics ...ready for a water game since 1999)

Rookie Year: 2005
mrmummert is a splendid one to beholdmrmummert is a splendid one to beholdmrmummert is a splendid one to beholdmrmummert is a splendid one to beholdmrmummert is a splendid one to beholdmrmummert is a splendid one to beholdmrmummert is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via Yahoo to mrmummert

That was the first thing Dan from 1598 showed me when i met him in NC that
saturday while visiting their pit. This was prior to the infamous ball and safety
glasses incident that day.
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-27-2010, 11:42 PM
AKA: Kelsey Jo Starr
FRC #1124 (The ‹berBots)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2007
kjolana1124 has a brilliant futurekjolana1124 has a brilliant futurekjolana1124 has a brilliant futurekjolana1124 has a brilliant futurekjolana1124 has a brilliant futurekjolana1124 has a brilliant futurekjolana1124 has a brilliant futurekjolana1124 has a brilliant futurekjolana1124 has a brilliant futurekjolana1124 has a brilliant futurekjolana1124 has a brilliant future

I was once considering cutting off my hair (as a joke) because long hair gets in the way of robots sometimes.

Suddenly that idea is looking much more appealing...

We're giving him ‹berNerds
~Tweeeeter~

2010 Northeast Utilities Hartford Regional Champions
2010 WPI Regional Chairman's Award Winners
2008 Archimedes Division Champions
2008 Hartford Regional Champions
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-27-2010, 11:45 PM
Onward through the fog.
no team

Rookie Year: 2002
JaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolyn_Grace View Post
If I was a balding man, and Dean Kamen signed MY head, I'd immediately make my way to the nearest tattoo parlor and have them make it a permanent fixture. I wouldn't have washed it off! Just saying.

I think the bee antennae are enough for now...

Jane

Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.
~ Helen Keller
(1880-1968)
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-28-2010, 11:40 AM
no team

Rookie Year: 2000
EricVanWyk has a reputation beyond reputeEricVanWyk has a reputation beyond reputeEricVanWyk has a reputation beyond reputeEricVanWyk has a reputation beyond reputeEricVanWyk has a reputation beyond reputeEricVanWyk has a reputation beyond reputeEricVanWyk has a reputation beyond reputeEricVanWyk has a reputation beyond reputeEricVanWyk has a reputation beyond reputeEricVanWyk has a reputation beyond reputeEricVanWyk has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to EricVanWyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolyn_Grace View Post
I heard rumor that someone actually did that, but with their arm or leg instead of their head...
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-28-2010, 04:06 PM
FRC #0503 (Frog Force)

M.Wong is a jewel in the roughM.Wong is a jewel in the roughM.Wong is a jewel in the rough

My shoes! Paul, Woodie, and Dean.

Last edited by M.Wong : 04-28-2010 at 04:53 PM.
  #9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-28-2010, 04:16 PM
That Awkward One
AKA: Mary Soltis
FRC #0051 (Wings of Fire)
Team Role: College Student

Rookie Year: 2003
The Cyborg has a brilliant futureThe Cyborg has a brilliant futureThe Cyborg has a brilliant futureThe Cyborg has a brilliant futureThe Cyborg has a brilliant futureThe Cyborg has a brilliant futureThe Cyborg has a brilliant futureThe Cyborg has a brilliant futureThe Cyborg has a brilliant futureThe Cyborg has a brilliant futureThe Cyborg has a brilliant future

^Ooo I want customized team shoes ! That's so cool!

I have an old cape signed by Woody Flowers and other notable FIRST mentors (no Dean Kamen signatures yet).
Also, I have a team 65 shirt from last year signed by all of the team members on that year. I love that shirt
  #10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-28-2010, 07:33 PM
FRC #0571 (Team Paragon)

Captain Slacker will become famous soon enough

i very well may shave my head next time i go to a regional I personally have had Dean and Woodie sign a few of my team shirts and hoodies (ive been lucky enough to see both of them every year) and ive also gotten them to sign our team's letters and our mascot (a giant lightbulb)

PARAGON!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: