OCCRA
Go to Post I was outvoted by conservative teenagers (curse them...). - Rick TYler [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Announcements
CD-Media   CD-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-16-2012, 09:37 AM
Brandon Martus's Avatar Unsung FIRST Hero
busy.
AKA: B. Slash Kamen
no team

Rookie Year: 1998
Brandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to Brandon Martus Send a message via AIM to Brandon Martus Send a message via Yahoo to Brandon Martus
Robots in the D

#2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-16-2012, 10:24 AM
Mentor (1114), Alumni (772)
AKA: Aaron Koscielski
FRC #1114 (Simbotics)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2006
akoscielski3 has a reputation beyond reputeakoscielski3 has a reputation beyond reputeakoscielski3 has a reputation beyond reputeakoscielski3 has a reputation beyond reputeakoscielski3 has a reputation beyond reputeakoscielski3 has a reputation beyond reputeakoscielski3 has a reputation beyond reputeakoscielski3 has a reputation beyond reputeakoscielski3 has a reputation beyond reputeakoscielski3 has a reputation beyond reputeakoscielski3 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Robots in the D

Ill definetly mention this to my team an maybe we'll go and demo our teams robot! We're only a few minutes away from the border so it isnt a huge trip
Team 772 Sabre Bytes
2010-2013

Dean's List Finalist 2013 Waterloo Regional
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-16-2012, 10:53 AM
No capes
AKA: Olivia Gifford
FRC #1094 (The Channel Cats)
Team Role: Driver

Rookie Year: 2011
OliviaG is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to OliviaG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Martus View Post
Sounds awesome!
I'll tell the team, but most likely we wont go.
"Not everyone has the chance to do great things - to learn how to build a robot while working alongside some of the greatest mentors you will ever meet, to become one with your team, and learn to be a gracious professional while competing with exceptional teams. It's not every day you meet people who want to change the world. Being inspired, learning, creating, thinking, and doing things to shape the future. THIS IS FIRST." -Me
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-16-2012, 12:25 PM
FRC #1114 (Simbotics)

akoscielski3 has a reputation beyond reputeakoscielski3 has a reputation beyond reputeakoscielski3 has a reputation beyond reputeakoscielski3 has a reputation beyond reputeakoscielski3 has a reputation beyond reputeakoscielski3 has a reputation beyond reputeakoscielski3 has a reputation beyond reputeakoscielski3 has a reputation beyond reputeakoscielski3 has a reputation beyond reputeakoscielski3 has a reputation beyond reputeakoscielski3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSpartain7 View Post
Sounds awesome!
I'll tell the team, but most likely we wont go.
Thats a 10 hour drive for you, I HIGHLY doubt you would come here for a baseball game to show your robot
Team 772 Sabre Bytes
2010-2013

#5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-16-2012, 12:26 PM
FRC #3310 (Black Hawk Robotics)

Rookie Year: 2010
JohnSchneider has a reputation beyond reputeJohnSchneider has a reputation beyond reputeJohnSchneider has a reputation beyond reputeJohnSchneider has a reputation beyond reputeJohnSchneider has a reputation beyond reputeJohnSchneider has a reputation beyond reputeJohnSchneider has a reputation beyond reputeJohnSchneider has a reputation beyond reputeJohnSchneider has a reputation beyond reputeJohnSchneider has a reputation beyond reputeJohnSchneider has a reputation beyond repute

While too far to attend myself, I am curious, which robot are you using to throw the pitch and how are you accomplishing it? Valuable information for us who may be interested in doing something similar locally .
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-16-2012, 12:32 PM
FRC #0469

qzrrbz is a splendid one to beholdqzrrbz is a splendid one to beholdqzrrbz is a splendid one to beholdqzrrbz is a splendid one to beholdqzrrbz is a splendid one to beholdqzrrbz is a splendid one to beholdqzrrbz is a splendid one to behold

The game is Detroit Tigers v Toronto Bluejays ... Any bets on Karthik in the house?
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-16-2012, 01:22 PM
FRC #1114 (Simbotics)

Quote:
Originally Posted by qzrrbz View Post
The game is Detroit Tigers v Toronto Bluejays ... Any bets on Karthik in the house?
I doubt it, but if he's that big of a fan he would make the 4 hour trip It wouldnt be that hard to make it, and that would be really cool to see him there. Is there any othe teams/robots that we should expect?
Team 772 Sabre Bytes
2010-2013

#8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-16-2012, 04:47 PM
No capes

Quote:
Originally Posted by akoscielski3 View Post
Thats a 10 hour drive for you, I HIGHLY doubt you would come here for a baseball game to show your robot
I really would drive 10 hours to go... if I could
"Not everyone has the chance to do great things - to learn how to build a robot while working alongside some of the greatest mentors you will ever meet, to become one with your team, and learn to be a gracious professional while competing with exceptional teams. It's not every day you meet people who want to change the world. Being inspired, learning, creating, thinking, and doing things to shape the future. THIS IS FIRST." -Me

Last edited by OliviaG : 07-16-2012 at 04:53 PM.
  #9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-16-2012, 08:40 PM
FRC Data Nerd
AKA: Anthony Jennings
FRC #1058 (PVC Pirates)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2009
PVCpirate has much to be proud ofPVCpirate has much to be proud ofPVCpirate has much to be proud ofPVCpirate has much to be proud ofPVCpirate has much to be proud ofPVCpirate has much to be proud ofPVCpirate has much to be proud ofPVCpirate has much to be proud ofPVCpirate has much to be proud ofPVCpirate has much to be proud of

I think there is a possibility that this robot throwing out the first pitch makes it on to ESPN (SportsCenter, Baseball Tonight etc) since it occurs before an MLB game. They accept suggestions for their nightly Top 10 plays via twitter using #SCtop10, and I've seen off beat things like this on it from time to time. I think a wave of tweets from the FIRST community might be able to get this on national television. Sound like a challenge?
An incredible four years I will never forget
  #10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-16-2012, 08:49 PM
robots is a hard job
AKA: Brian Smist
FRC #4930 (Electric Mayhem)

Rookie Year: 2009
briansmist has a reputation beyond reputebriansmist has a reputation beyond reputebriansmist has a reputation beyond reputebriansmist has a reputation beyond reputebriansmist has a reputation beyond reputebriansmist has a reputation beyond reputebriansmist has a reputation beyond reputebriansmist has a reputation beyond reputebriansmist has a reputation beyond reputebriansmist has a reputation beyond reputebriansmist has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVCpirate View Post
I think there is a possibility that this robot throwing out the first pitch makes it on to ESPN (SportsCenter, Baseball Tonight etc) since it occurs before an MLB game. They accept suggestions for their nightly Top 10 plays via twitter using #SCtop10, and I've seen off beat things like this on it from time to time. I think a wave of tweets from the FIRST community might be able to get this on national television. Sound like a challenge?
I think it's definitely possible for the FIRST community to get this on the top 10, especially considering that we get #omgrobots trending during Champs pretty consistently. I, as a huge fan of both FIRST and sports, would love nothing more than to see robots on sportscenter. #SCtop10, we can do it!

Development Engineer at PostProcess Technologies
University at Buffalo Mechanical Engineering Class of 2016
2014-20XX | Mentaur | 4930 | Electric Mayhem
2013-2013 | Mentaur | 0229 | Division by Zero
2013-2013 | Mentaur | 4124 | Integration by Parts

2009-2012 | Student | 1507 | Warlocks
  #11   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-16-2012, 09:26 PM
Mentor - 3756, 4525
AKA: Jared Baribeau
FRC #3756 (Ramferno)
Team Role: College Student

Jibsy will become famous soon enoughJibsy will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I'm in! I'll be sure to get it tweeted from myself, the team account, and anyone else on the team who has twitter!
  #12   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-16-2012, 09:27 PM
Roaming GeorgiaFIRST MC
AKA: The Mecanum Man
FRC #1058 (PVC Pirates)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2008
Brandon Zalinsky has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Zalinsky has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Zalinsky has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Zalinsky has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Zalinsky has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Zalinsky has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Zalinsky has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Zalinsky has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Zalinsky has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Zalinsky has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Zalinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
YES! That'd be awesome. I bet the robot would beat out Josh Beckett in a pitching duel, so why not?

2014- Excellence in Engineering (UNH), District Chairman's Award (NU), #8 Quarterfinalist (NECMP), Winner (Mainely Spirit)
2013- Semifinalists (Battlecry@WPI) Winner (Mainely Spirit)
2012- Regional Chairman's (GSR), Finalists as the #11 Alliance Captain (Battlecry@WPI)
2011-Xerox Creativity Award (GSR), Semifinalists (GSR) Innovation in Control (Virginia)
2010-Winner (GSR), Undefeated (Chesapeake), Coopertition Award (Chesapeake), Quarterfinalists (Galileo) 8th AC (IRI)
2008-Undefeated (GSR), Xerox Creativity Award (GSR)
  #13   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-16-2012, 10:46 PM
No capes

what robot are they going to have do it?
  #14   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-16-2012, 10:49 PM
Division by Pirates
FRC #0229 (Division by Zero)

Rookie Year: 2012
Jay O'Donnell has a reputation beyond reputeJay O'Donnell has a reputation beyond reputeJay O'Donnell has a reputation beyond reputeJay O'Donnell has a reputation beyond reputeJay O'Donnell has a reputation beyond reputeJay O'Donnell has a reputation beyond reputeJay O'Donnell has a reputation beyond reputeJay O'Donnell has a reputation beyond reputeJay O'Donnell has a reputation beyond reputeJay O'Donnell has a reputation beyond reputeJay O'Donnell has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSpartain7 View Post
what robot are they going to have do it?
It says team 503(frog force) in the advertisement
FRC Intern (Summer 2017)
  #15   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-16-2012, 10:51 PM
No capes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Money 1058 View Post
It says team 503(frog force) in the advertisement
Oh okay cool! I wonder how its going to throw the baseball!?!

Last edited by OliviaG : 07-16-2012 at 10:53 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: