OCCRA
Go to Post It doesn't always work when you put the word gracious in front of anything. Think Battle bots, after a winning match do ya go over to the loser and go we Graciously kicked your butt!? - Alex Cormier [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Announcements
CD-Media   CD-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#16   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-16-2012, 10:58 PM
Division by Pirates
FRC #0229 (Division by Zero)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2012
Jay O'Donnell has a reputation beyond reputeJay O'Donnell has a reputation beyond reputeJay O'Donnell has a reputation beyond reputeJay O'Donnell has a reputation beyond reputeJay O'Donnell has a reputation beyond reputeJay O'Donnell has a reputation beyond reputeJay O'Donnell has a reputation beyond reputeJay O'Donnell has a reputation beyond reputeJay O'Donnell has a reputation beyond reputeJay O'Donnell has a reputation beyond reputeJay O'Donnell has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Robots in the D

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSpartain7 View Post
Oh okay cool! I wonder how its going to throw the baseball!?!
My thoughts exactly! Its shooter appears to be a regular 2 wheel shooter, maybe they made some sort of modification.
FRC Intern (Summer 2017)
  #17   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-16-2012, 11:03 PM
No capes
AKA: Olivia Gifford
FRC #1094 (The Channel Cats)
Team Role: Driver

Rookie Year: 2011
OliviaG is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to OliviaG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Money 1058 View Post
My thoughts exactly! Its shooter appears to be a regular 2 wheel shooter, maybe they made some sort of modification.
At first I thought they might be using an FTC robot! The only thing I could think is if it was a catapult... apparently not
"Not everyone has the chance to do great things - to learn how to build a robot while working alongside some of the greatest mentors you will ever meet, to become one with your team, and learn to be a gracious professional while competing with exceptional teams. It's not every day you meet people who want to change the world. Being inspired, learning, creating, thinking, and doing things to shape the future. THIS IS FIRST." -Me
  #18   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-16-2012, 11:34 PM
MIssin' the MItten
AKA: Erik Boyle
FRC #4640 (Metallic Panthers)
Team Role: College Student

Ekcrbe has a reputation beyond reputeEkcrbe has a reputation beyond reputeEkcrbe has a reputation beyond reputeEkcrbe has a reputation beyond reputeEkcrbe has a reputation beyond reputeEkcrbe has a reputation beyond reputeEkcrbe has a reputation beyond reputeEkcrbe has a reputation beyond reputeEkcrbe has a reputation beyond reputeEkcrbe has a reputation beyond reputeEkcrbe has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure but I heard they might have made a custom robot for this purpose.
That would suffice the baseball/RR ball size difference, but it sounds like quite a bit of work for this application.
2012 Championship Newton Division FinalistsóThanks 330 and 639 for the Full Court Press! | 2013 Kettering University District Chairman's Award Winners! | 2014 Great Lakes Bay Region District WinnersóThanks 288, 4819, and 5166! | 2014 Waterford District Chairman's Award Winners! | 2014 Michigan FRC State Championship Chairman's Award WinnersóCongratulations 33 and 503! | 2015 Center Line District Chairman's Award Winners! | 2015 Lansing District WinnersóThanks 314 and 1684! | 2015 FIRST in Michigan District Championship Chairman's Award WinnersóCongratulations 503 and 2137!

#19   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-16-2012, 11:39 PM
No capes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekcrbe View Post
I'm not sure but I heard they might have made a custom robot for this purpose.
That would suffice the baseball/RR ball size difference, but it sounds like quite a bit of work for this application.
Ah, that would make more sense, because I can't see how they would modify their current robot. seems like allot of work though!
"Not everyone has the chance to do great things - to learn how to build a robot while working alongside some of the greatest mentors you will ever meet, to become one with your team, and learn to be a gracious professional while competing with exceptional teams. It's not every day you meet people who want to change the world. Being inspired, learning, creating, thinking, and doing things to shape the future. THIS IS FIRST." -Me
  #20   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-17-2012, 02:45 AM
FF: Cup of Joe
AKA: Joseph Cupchack
no team (FiM Volunteer Extraordinaire)

JosephC has a reputation beyond reputeJosephC has a reputation beyond reputeJosephC has a reputation beyond reputeJosephC has a reputation beyond reputeJosephC has a reputation beyond reputeJosephC has a reputation beyond reputeJosephC has a reputation beyond reputeJosephC has a reputation beyond reputeJosephC has a reputation beyond reputeJosephC has a reputation beyond reputeJosephC has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Ah, that would make more sense, because I can't see how they would modify their current robot. seems like allot of work though!
But it would definitely be worth it! I'd personally like to see it throw a 200 mph pitch, and then see Verlander try to one up it.
  #21   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-17-2012, 06:40 AM
FRC #3138 (Innovators Robotics)

Rookie Year: 2003
Michael Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Hill has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVCpirate View Post
I think there is a possibility that this robot throwing out the first pitch makes it on to ESPN (SportsCenter, Baseball Tonight etc) since it occurs before an MLB game. They accept suggestions for their nightly Top 10 plays via twitter using #SCtop10, and I've seen off beat things like this on it from time to time. I think a wave of tweets from the FIRST community might be able to get this on national television. Sound like a challenge?
Just hope they don't make it on the Not Top 10
  #22   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-17-2012, 10:15 AM
No capes

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephC View Post
But it would definitely be worth it! I'd personally like to see it throw a 200 mph pitch, and then see Verlander try to one up it.
Haha, yeah that would be pretty awesome! I wish I could go, I want to see it

Last edited by OliviaG : 07-17-2012 at 10:18 AM.
  #23   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-17-2012, 10:18 AM
Chris Hibner's Avatar Unsung FIRST Hero
Eschewing Obfuscation Since 1990
AKA: Lars Kamen's Roadie
FRC #0051 (Wings of Fire (on sabbatical))
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 1997
Chris Hibner has a reputation beyond reputeChris Hibner has a reputation beyond reputeChris Hibner has a reputation beyond reputeChris Hibner has a reputation beyond reputeChris Hibner has a reputation beyond reputeChris Hibner has a reputation beyond reputeChris Hibner has a reputation beyond reputeChris Hibner has a reputation beyond reputeChris Hibner has a reputation beyond reputeChris Hibner has a reputation beyond reputeChris Hibner has a reputation beyond repute

Now if they could only make the robot be able to help Papa Grande figure out what's wrong with his splitter...
  #24   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-17-2012, 12:35 PM
Mentor (1114), Alumni (772)
AKA: Aaron Koscielski
FRC #1114 (Simbotics)

Rookie Year: 2006
akoscielski3 has a reputation beyond reputeakoscielski3 has a reputation beyond reputeakoscielski3 has a reputation beyond reputeakoscielski3 has a reputation beyond reputeakoscielski3 has a reputation beyond reputeakoscielski3 has a reputation beyond reputeakoscielski3 has a reputation beyond reputeakoscielski3 has a reputation beyond reputeakoscielski3 has a reputation beyond reputeakoscielski3 has a reputation beyond reputeakoscielski3 has a reputation beyond repute

I e-mailed them for more info on the demo and such. We'll see what happens now

By the way, team 234 made a frc bot to pitch a baseball last year. I believe it is on thier website somewhere. Or maybe Chris can chime in on this. The ball definitely didn't go 200km/h lol
Team 772 Sabre Bytes
2010-2013

Dean's List Finalist 2013 Waterloo Regional

Last edited by akoscielski3 : 07-17-2012 at 12:52 PM.
  #25   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-17-2012, 12:48 PM
OZ_341's Avatar Unsung FIRST Hero
#0341 (Wissahickon)

Rookie Year: 2000
OZ_341 has a reputation beyond reputeOZ_341 has a reputation beyond reputeOZ_341 has a reputation beyond reputeOZ_341 has a reputation beyond reputeOZ_341 has a reputation beyond reputeOZ_341 has a reputation beyond reputeOZ_341 has a reputation beyond reputeOZ_341 has a reputation beyond reputeOZ_341 has a reputation beyond reputeOZ_341 has a reputation beyond reputeOZ_341 has a reputation beyond repute

If someone involved from Frog Force would like to post how teams can help with online promotion, Team 341 would love help promote this event.
Best of luck to everyone involved.
2016 Galileo Division, #6 Seed, 9 W - 1 L
2016 MAR District Innovation in Controls Award
2016 Westtown District Finalist (thank you 4954 & 484)
2016 Westtown District Imagery Award (It took 17 yrs)
2016 Hatboro District Judge's Award
Overall Record 49 W - 21 L
  #26   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-17-2012, 01:00 PM
No capes

Will I be able to watch it on tv? or streaming online. I just have to see it!
  #27   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-17-2012, 01:14 PM
FRC #1114 (Simbotics)

akoscielski3 has a reputation beyond reputeakoscielski3 has a reputation beyond reputeakoscielski3 has a reputation beyond reputeakoscielski3 has a reputation beyond reputeakoscielski3 has a reputation beyond reputeakoscielski3 has a reputation beyond reputeakoscielski3 has a reputation beyond reputeakoscielski3 has a reputation beyond reputeakoscielski3 has a reputation beyond reputeakoscielski3 has a reputation beyond reputeakoscielski3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Will I be able to watch it on tv? or streaming online. I just have to see it!
There most likely will be a video made after the pitch and put on youtube. Im gonna guess Frog Force will make a video about the event. Not sure if it will be on TV or LIVEstreamed.
Team 772 Sabre Bytes
2010-2013

#28   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-17-2012, 04:50 PM
MIssin' the MItten

Ekcrbe has a reputation beyond reputeEkcrbe has a reputation beyond reputeEkcrbe has a reputation beyond reputeEkcrbe has a reputation beyond reputeEkcrbe has a reputation beyond reputeEkcrbe has a reputation beyond reputeEkcrbe has a reputation beyond reputeEkcrbe has a reputation beyond reputeEkcrbe has a reputation beyond reputeEkcrbe has a reputation beyond reputeEkcrbe has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by akoscielski3 View Post
I e-mailed them for more info on the demo and such. We'll see what happens now

By the way, team 234 made a frc bot to pitch a baseball last year. I believe it is on thier website somewhere. Or maybe Chris can chime in on this. The ball definitely didn't go 200km/h lol
Even 200 km/h would be impressive, but 200 mph is 61% faster...
2012 Championship Newton Division FinalistsóThanks 330 and 639 for the Full Court Press! | 2013 Kettering University District Chairman's Award Winners! | 2014 Great Lakes Bay Region District WinnersóThanks 288, 4819, and 5166! | 2014 Waterford District Chairman's Award Winners! | 2014 Michigan FRC State Championship Chairman's Award WinnersóCongratulations 33 and 503! | 2015 Center Line District Chairman's Award Winners! | 2015 Lansing District WinnersóThanks 314 and 1684! | 2015 FIRST in Michigan District Championship Chairman's Award WinnersóCongratulations 503 and 2137!

#29   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-17-2012, 04:54 PM
MIssin' the MItten

Quote:
Originally Posted by akoscielski3 View Post
There most likely will be a video made after the pitch and put on youtube. Im gonna guess Frog Force will make a video about the event. Not sure if it will be on TV or LIVEstreamed.
The game will be on Fox Sports Detroit and MLB.tv, and they usually show first pitches.

#30   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-17-2012, 08:44 PM
FRC #1114 (Simbotics)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekcrbe View Post
Even 200 km/h would be impressive, but 200 mph is 61% faster...
oh yea lol good point. Sorry for being Canadian
Team 772 Sabre Bytes
2010-2013

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: