Go to Post "You know you're a robotics kid when you sit on Chief Delphi and hit refresh over and over again waiting for new pictures and videos of other teams" - pwnageNick [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Technical > Kit & Additional Hardware
CD-Media   CD-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-24-2017, 10:30 PM
A foolish programmer
FRC #0900 (Zebracorns)
Team Role: Programmer

Rookie Year: 2015
Ryan-Greenblatt has a spectacular aura aboutRyan-Greenblatt has a spectacular aura about
Hard Drive in KOP Laptop

Does any one know exactly what the model number of the hard drive in the FIRST choice laptop? The laptop is a Acer Aspire E11 Netbook and can be found here http://firstchoicebyandymark.com/fc17-158. We know the hard drive is 250 GB and 5400 RPM, but we really need the model number or a direct link to a supplier for totally non-suspicious 900 related reasons.
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-24-2017, 10:49 PM
VP, Control Systems Captain, Coach
AKA: Alan Richman
FRC #1257 (Parallel Universe)
Team Role: Electrical

Rookie Year: 2014
arichman1257 will become famous soon enougharichman1257 will become famous soon enough
Re: Hard Drive in KOP Laptop

Go to device manager -> Disk Drives and look for the ID number there. Or you can just open the laptop and check that way. And coming from the team whose robot was almost this I'm excited to see whats going to be made of this.

1257 Parallel Universe: 2014 - 2017 Seasons
2017: Vice President, Control Systems Captain, Drive Coach
2016: Control Systems Captain, Operator. ARC Semifinalist, MRCMP Winner, NJFLA Winner, NJBRI Finalist
2015: Control Systems, Operator. NJNBR Finalist
2014: Programming/Electronics. NJCLI Winner

Last edited by arichman1257 : 02-24-2017 at 10:51 PM.
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-24-2017, 10:52 PM
FRC #0900 (♞Zebrarcorns♞)
Team Role: CAD

Rookie Year: 2016
Big-b has a spectacular aura aboutBig-b has a spectacular aura aboutBig-b has a spectacular aura about

We don't currently have one, we were hoping someone here would and could tell us.
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-24-2017, 10:53 PM
Just Itinerant
AKA: Hey dad...Father...MARK
FRC #0358 (Robotic Eagles)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2002
Mark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond repute

WD2500LPVX-22V0TT0 - 250GB

but I'm really suspicious about how this information will be exploited...

Last edited by Mark McLeod : 02-25-2017 at 07:18 AM.
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-24-2017, 11:15 PM
A foolish programmer
FRC #0900 (Zebracorns)

Ryan-Greenblatt has a spectacular aura aboutRyan-Greenblatt has a spectacular aura about

Isn't this actually the part? https://www.amazon.com/WESTERN-DIGITAL-WD2500LPVX-Western-Digital/dp/B00WZC96W4/ref=pd_sbs_147_1?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B00WZC96W4 &pd_rd_r=6EPFXQRJCYEX7XM867KF&pd_rd_w=SBACh&pd_rd_ wg=O7aJ6&psc=1&refRID=6EPFXQRJCYEX7XM867KF The one you linked seems to have 500 GB (though the picture shows 250 GB?!?!?!). I think the picture is inaccurate.
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-24-2017, 11:25 PM
Just Itinerant
AKA: Hey dad...Father...MARK
FRC #0358 (Robotic Eagles)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2002
Mark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond repute

It's 250GB, so the picture is right but the 500GB is wrong.
I updated the link to a different Google hit.

Last edited by Mark McLeod : 02-24-2017 at 11:28 PM.
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-24-2017, 11:59 PM
A foolish programmer
FRC #0900 (Zebracorns)

Thanks for all the help everyone!
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-25-2017, 09:02 PM
AKA: Tom Riggs
FRC #5402 (Iron Kings)
Team Role: Mentor

Tom469 is an unknown quantity at this point

I would suggest accessing the BIOS, at boot up and see what is reported. Ask a programming mentor for help, if needed.
  #9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-25-2017, 10:03 PM
AKA: Joshua Johnston
FRC #2191 (Flux Core)
Team Role: College Student

Rookie Year: 2013
thatnameistaken has a spectacular aura aboutthatnameistaken has a spectacular aura about

...I think I see the advantage this specific hard drive gives you, but I'm confused as to why you need it on a robot...
  #10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-26-2017, 10:30 AM
Zebravision Labs
FRC #0900

KJaget has much to be proud ofKJaget has much to be proud ofKJaget has much to be proud ofKJaget has much to be proud ofKJaget has much to be proud ofKJaget has much to be proud ofKJaget has much to be proud ofKJaget has much to be proud ofKJaget has much to be proud ofKJaget has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatnameistaken View Post
...I think I see the advantage this specific hard drive gives you, but I'm confused as to why you need it on a robot...
You think we're going to stoop to using lossy compression for the on-board music server?
  #11   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-26-2017, 12:49 PM
AKA: Alan Wells
FRC #1350 (Rambots)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2009
PAR_WIG1350 has a reputation beyond reputePAR_WIG1350 has a reputation beyond reputePAR_WIG1350 has a reputation beyond reputePAR_WIG1350 has a reputation beyond reputePAR_WIG1350 has a reputation beyond reputePAR_WIG1350 has a reputation beyond reputePAR_WIG1350 has a reputation beyond reputePAR_WIG1350 has a reputation beyond reputePAR_WIG1350 has a reputation beyond reputePAR_WIG1350 has a reputation beyond reputePAR_WIG1350 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It is possible that they were going to use the computer (booted from an SSD) as a coprocessor, but the GDC's unpredictable, and often bad decisions on COTS computing devices make it safer to have the original HDD installed. I think they want to install it, but not necessarily use it. Instead, I think they might boot from a USB-connected solid-state storage device.

How far off am I?
  #12   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-26-2017, 10:36 PM
AKA: Joshua Johnston
FRC #2191 (Flux Core)
Team Role: College Student

Rookie Year: 2013
thatnameistaken has a spectacular aura aboutthatnameistaken has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJaget View Post
You think we're going to stoop to using lossy compression for the on-board music server?
If that's the actual reason, my respect for you guys will somehow get even higher.
  #13   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-27-2017, 07:28 AM
Zebravision Labs
FRC #0900

KJaget has much to be proud ofKJaget has much to be proud ofKJaget has much to be proud ofKJaget has much to be proud ofKJaget has much to be proud ofKJaget has much to be proud ofKJaget has much to be proud ofKJaget has much to be proud ofKJaget has much to be proud ofKJaget has much to be proud of

Quote:
If that's the actual reason, my respect for you guys will somehow get even higher.
Nothing that exciting unfortunately. We're just looking at our options for recording match data in real time.
  #14   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-27-2017, 07:46 AM
My pants are louder than yours.
FRC #0900 (The Zebracorns)

Rookie Year: 2003
marshall has a reputation beyond reputemarshall has a reputation beyond reputemarshall has a reputation beyond reputemarshall has a reputation beyond reputemarshall has a reputation beyond reputemarshall has a reputation beyond reputemarshall has a reputation beyond reputemarshall has a reputation beyond reputemarshall has a reputation beyond reputemarshall has a reputation beyond reputemarshall has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well if you're in a match with us then check out port 900 and you can listen to a selection of Motorhead, AC-DC (Yes Kevin, I forgot the lightning bolt), Joe Strummer, and some a cappella music from one of our other mentors.
  #15   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-27-2017, 10:19 AM
Pretends to know things
AKA: Nicholas Dal Porto
FRC #5940 (B.R.E.A.D.)
Team Role: Tactician

Rookie Year: 2012
frcguy has a reputation beyond reputefrcguy has a reputation beyond reputefrcguy has a reputation beyond reputefrcguy has a reputation beyond reputefrcguy has a reputation beyond reputefrcguy has a reputation beyond reputefrcguy has a reputation beyond reputefrcguy has a reputation beyond reputefrcguy has a reputation beyond reputefrcguy has a reputation beyond reputefrcguy has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by marshall View Post
Well if you're in a match with us then check out port 900 and you can listen to a selection of Motorhead, AC-DC (Yes Kevin, I forgot the lightning bolt), Joe Strummer, and some a cappella music from one of our other mentors.

But what about those pesky VLANs?

2017: Team 5940 (Silicon Valley Regional/San Francisco Regional)
2016: Team 5940 (Silicon Valley Regional Rookie All-Star and Quarterfinalist, Curie Quarterfinalist)

Volunteer: 2016 (Chezy Champs Field Reset, Capital City Classic FTA, MadTown ThrowDown FTA)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: