Go to Post We built an ineffective machine, all by ourselves! Yay for us! - Alan Anderson [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > General Forum
CD-Media   CD-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-16-2017, 10:22 PM
AKA: Clint Brawley
FRC #0364 (Fusion)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2013
Fusion_Clint has a reputation beyond reputeFusion_Clint has a reputation beyond reputeFusion_Clint has a reputation beyond reputeFusion_Clint has a reputation beyond reputeFusion_Clint has a reputation beyond reputeFusion_Clint has a reputation beyond reputeFusion_Clint has a reputation beyond reputeFusion_Clint has a reputation beyond reputeFusion_Clint has a reputation beyond reputeFusion_Clint has a reputation beyond reputeFusion_Clint has a reputation beyond repute
Public apology to Daniel Eiland

A couple of years ago I was a very public in my displeasure with how the Dow Red Stick Rumble was managed. Well, I have walked the proverbial mile in Daniel's shoes after this past weekends Beach Bot Battle.

Knowing what I know now, I wish I could just undo those angry posts. Since I can't do that, I figure this is the best that I can do.

Not only did Panthrobotics come to our event, Daniel was gracious enough to fill in last minute to be our MC (doing an outstanding job), then they stayed late to help us break down the field.

Daniel and Panthrobotics are a class act! Thank you Daniel! I'm sorry for any discomfort that I caused you.
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-16-2017, 10:28 PM
The GURU Channel
AKA: Richard Sisk
FRC #2493 (Robokong)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2007
rsisk has a reputation beyond reputersisk has a reputation beyond reputersisk has a reputation beyond reputersisk has a reputation beyond reputersisk has a reputation beyond reputersisk has a reputation beyond reputersisk has a reputation beyond reputersisk has a reputation beyond reputersisk has a reputation beyond reputersisk has a reputation beyond reputersisk has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to rsisk
Re: Public apology to Daniel Eiland

We all engage our mouths before engaging our brains sometimes. To come along later, admit it, and apologize is admirable.

Well done.
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-17-2017, 05:42 PM
Captain | Driver | Junior
AKA: Rohit Gondi
FRC #3991 (KnightVision)
Team Role: Driver

Rookie Year: 2015
dirtbikerxz has a brilliant futuredirtbikerxz has a brilliant futuredirtbikerxz has a brilliant futuredirtbikerxz has a brilliant futuredirtbikerxz has a brilliant futuredirtbikerxz has a brilliant futuredirtbikerxz has a brilliant futuredirtbikerxz has a brilliant futuredirtbikerxz has a brilliant futuredirtbikerxz has a brilliant futuredirtbikerxz has a brilliant future

I hope this means that 364 will be returning to Red Stick Rumble this year! I certainly will be looking forward to that, and having another opportunity to play with your team again this season.

P.S, You guys did a fantastic job running beach bot battle, and handled the situation of the field very well, even though the field arrived with no bolts or other fastening methods, and lacked crucial hardware like the pegs on top of the airship to place the gears on.

Thanks to all our alliance partners this year!:
16 | 3310 | 2183 | 4063 | 2992 | 2183 | 3039 | 3337

Last edited by dirtbikerxz : 07-17-2017 at 05:56 PM.
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-18-2017, 01:30 PM
FRC Team #3337
AKA: Coach Eiland
FRC #3337 (Panthrobotics)
Team Role: Coach

Rookie Year: 2011
MysterE has a reputation beyond reputeMysterE has a reputation beyond reputeMysterE has a reputation beyond reputeMysterE has a reputation beyond reputeMysterE has a reputation beyond reputeMysterE has a reputation beyond reputeMysterE has a reputation beyond reputeMysterE has a reputation beyond reputeMysterE has a reputation beyond reputeMysterE has a reputation beyond reputeMysterE has a reputation beyond repute

Clint,

First of all - the Battle was a blast to watch and MC. My team had a great time and the event ran so smoothly from the match schedule to the volunteer food (tasty indeed).

Secondly, thank you for the apology. I'm as guilty as anyone else for being public in my criticism but one thing that I have enjoyed is learning more about you and your team since that time. Very few teams (and coaches) are willing to put in the effort that you and your team do. I've seen consistent growth from your team both on and off the field and watching them work this event was inspiring.

Thank you for hosting and we can't wait to see y'all at the Rumble again.

-Daniel
Head Coach - Team #3337
Panthrobotics (Woodlawn HS)
2016: Bayou Regional WFFA Winner
2016: Rocket City Regional Judges Award
2015: Bayou Spirit Award, Bayou Chairman's Award, Bayou Dean's List Finalist (Danielle Massey), Bayou Volunteer of the Year Award
2014: Bayou Dean's List Finalist (Witni Widmeier)
2011: Bayou Regional Winner | Judges Award
2010: Rookie Inspiration Award
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-18-2017, 03:02 PM
Gone NE
AKA: Nicholas Dal Porto
FRC #5940 (B.R.E.A.D.)
Team Role: Student

Rookie Year: 2012
frcguy has a reputation beyond reputefrcguy has a reputation beyond reputefrcguy has a reputation beyond reputefrcguy has a reputation beyond reputefrcguy has a reputation beyond reputefrcguy has a reputation beyond reputefrcguy has a reputation beyond reputefrcguy has a reputation beyond reputefrcguy has a reputation beyond reputefrcguy has a reputation beyond reputefrcguy has a reputation beyond repute
If you know me and my posts here I sometimes act before I think and say stupid stuff. Sucking up what you've said in the face of people you respect telling you how you screwed up and calling you on it is one of the hardest things I've had to do around here.

I applaud your apology - it takes guts to do so publically.

Team 5940: 2015-

Volunteer: 4000 () miles and counting!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: