OCCRA
Go to Post Seriously, I figured we had until january before we started lawyering things again. - JamesBrown [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > General Forum
CD-Media  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-24-2002, 01:38 PM
College? What?
no team (Gompei and the Herd)
Team Role: College Student

Rookie Year: 2002
Ian W. is a name known to allIan W. is a name known to allIan W. is a name known to allIan W. is a name known to allIan W. is a name known to allIan W. is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Ian W.
Last day of Build Season?

My mom has been bugging me about when the end of build season is. apparently she's trying to plan a trip or something, but i wasn't sure of the last day. so, i told her i'd ask someone, and she expected a real time response (is it me, or do all moms have an inherent lack of technological knowledge? ), so if possible, can someone tell me the last day? i remember last year it stretched into febuary break, cause i know dan left to go skiing, and left me with all the programming . and i kinda need to know soon, so fast answers are good.
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-24-2002, 01:45 PM
Door Opener Mint Mentor
AKA: Cheryl Miller
#0294 (Beach Cities Robotics)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2003
Redhead Jokes is a glorious beacon of lightRedhead Jokes is a glorious beacon of lightRedhead Jokes is a glorious beacon of lightRedhead Jokes is a glorious beacon of lightRedhead Jokes is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Last day of Build Season?

Quote:
Originally posted by Ian W.
My mom has been bugging me about when the end of build season is.
Pack and ship 2/18/03 Tuesday

South Bay Calendar

put a check in So Cal FIRST Robotics, click View Selected Calendars,

there's more deadlines easily viewed.
motto: Two Rival Schools, One Team...ride the Tide.
2004 So Cal Chairman's Award, Phoenix Regional DaimlerChrysler Team Spirit Award
2003 So Cal Regional Finalist and Sportsmanship Award, Phoenix Regional Engineering Inspiration Award
2001 So Cal Regional and National Champions, Regional Image Award
Gracious Professionalism Poster
Mint: To invent; to forge; to fabricate; to fashion. Mentor: a wise and trusted guide and advisor.
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-24-2002, 01:45 PM
Madison

The robot ship deadline is 5 p.m. on February 18, 2003.

http://www.usfirst.org/robotics/frc_time.htm
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-24-2002, 01:51 PM
Roboticsrob
FTC #10092 (Green.Griffins;)

Rookie Year: 2001
Rob Colatutto is a splendid one to beholdRob Colatutto is a splendid one to beholdRob Colatutto is a splendid one to beholdRob Colatutto is a splendid one to beholdRob Colatutto is a splendid one to beholdRob Colatutto is a splendid one to beholdRob Colatutto is a splendid one to behold
5pm, wasn't it earlier, more towards 2pm last year?
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-24-2002, 03:43 PM
D.J. Fluck

Im fairly sure that its been 5:00 PM since at least 2000 (when I first got involved)

last year it was 5pm
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-24-2002, 05:01 PM
FIRST's Spare, Queuer & Tech guy =)
AKA: Mike M. / Mouse =)
FRC #3314 (Mechanical Mustangs)

mtaman02 has a brilliant futuremtaman02 has a brilliant futuremtaman02 has a brilliant futuremtaman02 has a brilliant futuremtaman02 has a brilliant futuremtaman02 has a brilliant futuremtaman02 has a brilliant futuremtaman02 has a brilliant futuremtaman02 has a brilliant futuremtaman02 has a brilliant futuremtaman02 has a brilliant future
Last years shipping time i coulda sworn that it was close to 2pm since the FED EX truck came by my school to pick up 522's robot around 11:30 ish. then again we also called up Fed Ex to make sure they were coming that day.
FRC: NYC Remote Kickoff '04 & NYC Regionals '04-'15 ,'10-'13 & NJ Regionals '06-'10, Finger Lakes Regional '09 & SBPLI Regional '08-'15 and the World Championship in '05 (Galileo Field) '07 (Newton Field) '09 (Practice Fields Attendant / FTA(A)), CeBIT Convention in '04 & NextFEST in '06 both held @ the Javitts Center, Monty Madness '07-'10, Panda-monium '08, B.Eruption '08 & '09, Ramp Riot '08, PARC '09 & '10, BR^2 '09 & Wol. Inv. '09 -'15
2015 FIRST Robotics Off Season Events that I hope to volunteer at:
Where is Wolcott Invitational
2015 FIRST Robotics Events that I will be volunteering at:
SBPLI Reg. & Championships
Volunteer Resume:
Alt & Lead Team Queuer, Field Repair/Reset, Field Setup/Breakdown, Spare Parts Attendant, Field Power Controller/Score Keeper, Co-Emcee & Official Scorer, Control System Advisor, FIRST Tech Advisor Assistant & recently Practice Field Attendant.
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-24-2002, 05:12 PM
#0122 (Nasa Knights)

srawls is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to srawls
Quote:
Im fairly sure that its been 5:00 PM since at least 2000 (when I first got involved)
I believe the situation we have been in the last two years was "The FedEX Truck will arrive anywhere between 2:00PM and 5:00PM -- You need to be ready to pack the robot when the truck arrives"

Stephen
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-24-2002, 05:23 PM
Unsung FIRST Hero
Retired -- 2006
no team

Rookie Year: 1999
Bill Gold has a reputation beyond reputeBill Gold has a reputation beyond reputeBill Gold has a reputation beyond reputeBill Gold has a reputation beyond reputeBill Gold has a reputation beyond reputeBill Gold has a reputation beyond reputeBill Gold has a reputation beyond reputeBill Gold has a reputation beyond reputeBill Gold has a reputation beyond reputeBill Gold has a reputation beyond reputeBill Gold has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by D.J. Fluck

last year it was 5pm
I'm 99.9% sure that it has been 5pm for each year I've been involved in the competition (2000). 100% sure it was 5pm last year.
  #9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-24-2002, 08:05 PM
#0810 (Mechanical Bulls)

Mbusters01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Mbusters01 Send a message via Yahoo to Mbusters01
I am sure that the deadline was at 5pm last year, especially since i have vivid memories of still working on the robot till about 4:15 pm the day it was due.

Mail- Mbusters01@hotmail.com

Guns don't kill people, bullets kill people. Guns just make them go very, very fast.
  #10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-24-2002, 08:28 PM
El Jefe de 148
AKA: Midwest Refugee
FRC #0148 (Robowranglers)
Team Role: Engineer

Jeff Waegelin has a reputation beyond reputeJeff Waegelin has a reputation beyond reputeJeff Waegelin has a reputation beyond reputeJeff Waegelin has a reputation beyond reputeJeff Waegelin has a reputation beyond reputeJeff Waegelin has a reputation beyond reputeJeff Waegelin has a reputation beyond reputeJeff Waegelin has a reputation beyond reputeJeff Waegelin has a reputation beyond reputeJeff Waegelin has a reputation beyond reputeJeff Waegelin has a reputation beyond repute
It has been 5, though our team has always had the truck there earlier. We ask for pickup between 4:00 and 5:00, and apparently 3:00 falls in that one-hour block. It's happened twice, and both times, we've been working or testing, and the truck showed up before we could get the robot packed up.
  #11   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-24-2002, 08:59 PM
no team

Rookie Year: 1995
Ashley Weed has a reputation beyond reputeAshley Weed has a reputation beyond reputeAshley Weed has a reputation beyond reputeAshley Weed has a reputation beyond reputeAshley Weed has a reputation beyond reputeAshley Weed has a reputation beyond reputeAshley Weed has a reputation beyond reputeAshley Weed has a reputation beyond reputeAshley Weed has a reputation beyond reputeAshley Weed has a reputation beyond reputeAshley Weed has a reputation beyond repute
Wow! It must be nice to have the truck come to your work site. We have to stop quite early to pack... then we have to drive the crate in a pick-up so far to meet a freightliner, which then they take it to Fed-Ex.
  #12   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-24-2002, 09:29 PM
FIRST Scouting Network
AKA: Andrew Schenk
FRC #0201 (The FEDS)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2002
Jack is a jewel in the roughJack is a jewel in the roughJack is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Jack
Quote:
Originally posted by weedie
Wow! It must be nice to have the truck come to your work site. We have to stop quite early to pack... then we have to drive the crate in a pick-up so far to meet a freightliner, which then they take it to Fed-Ex.
Having family in PA, I could see how if you don't live in, or very close to, one of about 4-6 major cities, you are in the middle-of-no-where. I could see how you would have to drive to get your bot shipped. Must suck having to put the HUGE crate in a pick-up truck.

All about me: http://knehcsa.vze.com
**Check out the New FIRST Scouting Network**
  #13   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-24-2002, 09:39 PM
El Jefe de 148
AKA: Midwest Refugee
FRC #0148 (Robowranglers)
Team Role: Engineer

Jeff Waegelin has a reputation beyond reputeJeff Waegelin has a reputation beyond reputeJeff Waegelin has a reputation beyond reputeJeff Waegelin has a reputation beyond reputeJeff Waegelin has a reputation beyond reputeJeff Waegelin has a reputation beyond reputeJeff Waegelin has a reputation beyond reputeJeff Waegelin has a reputation beyond reputeJeff Waegelin has a reputation beyond reputeJeff Waegelin has a reputation beyond reputeJeff Waegelin has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Jack

Having family in PA, I could see how if you don't live in, or very close to, one of about 4-6 major cities, you are in the middle-of-no-where. I could see how you would have to drive to get your bot shipped. Must suck having to put the HUGE crate in a pick-up truck.
It's possible to get a crate in a pickup, though. Other teams have done it, and we've brought our crate home from regionals (in 2001) in a truck. It looks really funny driving down I-75 with a giant wood box in the back.

As for the pickup, it was funny, because in 2001, Yellow Freight brought a full-size truck to our Auto Shop, but our crate was the only thing to go in each week. We shipped three times (twice after regionals), and the truck was always empty. They were also really early each time too...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: