OCCRA
Go to Post Look at FIRST 7 years ago. Look at FIRST now. Thanks Bill. - Steven Donow [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > General Forum
CD-Media  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-07-2002, 11:48 AM
no team
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 1999
Jessica Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Boucher has a reputation beyond repute
Think the VCU crew realizes theyre right in front of the webcam?

Am I the only one that is getting a tad irritated by this?

Plus, I cant seem to get KSC footage...has anyone succeeded in that?
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-07-2002, 12:15 PM
updates this status less than FB!
AKA: the one who "will break into your thoughts..."
FRC #0237 (Black Magic)

Rookie Year: 2001
Elgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Elgin Clock
No luck here either with the KSU feed!! BTW Is their supposed to be sound on the feed from VCU??? I hear nut-zing!!! DOH!

Well I now have sound but serious connection problems, keeps freezing on me and re-buffering. ARGGHHHHH!!!

Last edited by Elgin Clock : 03-07-2002 at 12:19 PM.
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-07-2002, 12:25 PM
FRC #0085 (B. O. B.)

Mark Pierce has a brilliant futureMark Pierce has a brilliant futureMark Pierce has a brilliant futureMark Pierce has a brilliant futureMark Pierce has a brilliant futureMark Pierce has a brilliant futureMark Pierce has a brilliant futureMark Pierce has a brilliant futureMark Pierce has a brilliant futureMark Pierce has a brilliant futureMark Pierce has a brilliant future
I'm getting the same. On the positive side, at least they're attempting to solve all these glitches on the practice day instead of waiting until tommorrow.

Can't wait until I can get to a regional and see it live....
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-07-2002, 12:44 PM
Ken Leung's Avatar Unsung FIRST Hero
Dare to Live!
FRC #0115 (Monta Vista Robotics Team)

Ken Leung has a reputation beyond reputeKen Leung has a reputation beyond reputeKen Leung has a reputation beyond reputeKen Leung has a reputation beyond reputeKen Leung has a reputation beyond reputeKen Leung has a reputation beyond reputeKen Leung has a reputation beyond reputeKen Leung has a reputation beyond reputeKen Leung has a reputation beyond reputeKen Leung has a reputation beyond reputeKen Leung has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Ken Leung
Angry AAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!

This is so very frustrating... Been looking a the broadcast since 6am, and all the time it's very very slow and laggy.

It last 10 seconds before getting disconnected, it take 30 seconds to rebuffer, and it take 50 seconds to realize it got disconnect and have to reconnect, and it take 1 minute for the flying soccer ball to finally reach to the guy's hand when he tried to catch it...

Then the music slowly fade away as if it's some disco/techno mix, from really slow sound to sudden small gaps in between the noise, the the objects suddenly become a shade on the screen, or ghost shadows. As if that isn't enough, the images exploded into pieces, and get stuck on the screen. Only little noises from time to time. Some other time, I would reconnect, the stream will work for 5 seconds, and get stuck with a women's face in front of the camera. Seems like in the reference point in the web cast, time don't exist, or moving really really slowly, sometimes even backward.

This is really bad!!! I spend most of the morning joking with Joe Ross about the stream. It's driving Joe crazy and driving me insane!

They've got to give more bandwidth to this broadcast! Mean while, I really have the urge to yell to people: "LOG OFF!!!". (Flash back of DSL commericals came to my mind...) This traffic jam is probably due to 2000 FIRSTers trying to see the practice round...

If only I can get a clear view, then my software will record the streaming, and I will share the video file with people.

On the plus side, I checked out the yahoo! broadcast of NASA, and it looks really really smooth. Hopefully we can watch some good finals on that.
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-07-2002, 01:10 PM
AKA: Ashlee Snodgrass
no team
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2000
A. Snodgrass is a splendid one to beholdA. Snodgrass is a splendid one to beholdA. Snodgrass is a splendid one to beholdA. Snodgrass is a splendid one to beholdA. Snodgrass is a splendid one to beholdA. Snodgrass is a splendid one to beholdA. Snodgrass is a splendid one to behold
DRAT laggy feeds!
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-07-2002, 01:19 PM
Joe Ross's Avatar Unsung FIRST Hero
FRC #0330 (Beachbots)

Rookie Year: 1997
Joe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond repute
Re: AAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Ken Leung
They've got to give more bandwidth to this broadcast! Mean while, I really have the urge to yell to people: "LOG OFF!!!". (Flash back of DSL commericals came to my mind...)
I seem to remeber you yelling that at me a few times

KSC is working sometimes for me, and when it is working, it's better quality then VCU
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-07-2002, 01:39 PM
AKA: Ashlee Snodgrass
no team

A. Snodgrass is a splendid one to beholdA. Snodgrass is a splendid one to beholdA. Snodgrass is a splendid one to beholdA. Snodgrass is a splendid one to beholdA. Snodgrass is a splendid one to beholdA. Snodgrass is a splendid one to beholdA. Snodgrass is a splendid one to behold
Ken...I get the feeling you already HAVE yelled log off...
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-07-2002, 01:58 PM
Wake Up Get Up Get Out There
no team

Joe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond repute
I AM LIVE FROM VCU!!!!
Everything is great here and trust me, thers nothing great. MOE has been acthing up the past two times and ours is acting up too!
  #9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-07-2002, 03:13 PM
LSR Emcee/Alamo Game Announcer
FRC #1255 (Blarglefish)

Kris Verdeyen has a reputation beyond reputeKris Verdeyen has a reputation beyond reputeKris Verdeyen has a reputation beyond reputeKris Verdeyen has a reputation beyond reputeKris Verdeyen has a reputation beyond reputeKris Verdeyen has a reputation beyond reputeKris Verdeyen has a reputation beyond reputeKris Verdeyen has a reputation beyond reputeKris Verdeyen has a reputation beyond reputeKris Verdeyen has a reputation beyond reputeKris Verdeyen has a reputation beyond repute
Zen and the art of posting to CD.

Quote:
Originally posted by Team384:JosephM
Everything is great... ...there's nothing great.
Everyone meditate on the preceding remark. It will help to clear your mind, and allow you to achieve inner peace.

It's working, I think. I have found inner peace! I know the sound of one hand clapping! Mu!

-short while later-
Stupid thing disconnected again!!!!
Now I've lost it.

BTW, The page for Kennedy says that they won't start webcasting until tomorrow. So that's most likely why Kennedy is unavailable.

Last edited by Kris Verdeyen : 03-07-2002 at 03:15 PM.
  #10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-07-2002, 03:20 PM
A Legacy of Impact
FRC #0234 (Cyber Blue)

David Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to David Kelly Send a message via Yahoo to David Kelly
i'm watching KSC now... sound is terrible and video is soso... this is with broadband connection

2010 Boilermaker Regional

Chairman's Award, Regional Finalist
2010 Kansas City Regional
Entrepreneurship Award

2010 Championships
Autodesk Inventor Award Winner
  #11   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-07-2002, 04:35 PM
FRC #0237 (Black Magic)

Elgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond repute
Finally!!!

I finally got a good steady feed of VCU, (Knock on Wood) It could have to do with the fact that I'm at work on our LAN and almost everyone else has left!

What is up with the music???? Is that what they are playing at VCU or is it just a music overlay for the feed??? Whatever it is it sux!!! UTC and Nats music is way better, BRING ON THE TECHNO and dance music!!!!!!!!

#12   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-07-2002, 04:40 PM
Wake Up Get Up Get Out There
no team

Joe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond repute
Here's the two things different about this year and next.

-It's borring. MiM, Gila, and Brazil arn't here. Boring
-And yes the music does suck

As for "It's Great... It's Not Great"....

All your goals belonging to us
  #13   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-07-2002, 04:45 PM
FRC #0237 (Black Magic)

Hold the phone!!!

I just thought of this.....If Microsoft is a top sponsor how come they are streaming this on crappy ol' Real Player??? Is it FIRST's choice on how to broadcast it or NASA's????

If it was Nasa's that would make sense why it is on Real Player!

#14   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-07-2002, 05:24 PM
Unsung FIRST Hero
FRC Key Volunteer Trainer
AKA: CrazyNate
no team

Rookie Year: 1998
Nate Smith is a splendid one to beholdNate Smith is a splendid one to beholdNate Smith is a splendid one to beholdNate Smith is a splendid one to beholdNate Smith is a splendid one to beholdNate Smith is a splendid one to beholdNate Smith is a splendid one to beholdNate Smith is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Nate Smith Send a message via Yahoo to Nate Smith
NASA is handling all aspects of the Feed, including the streaming program used. It is one of the many ways NASA sponsors FIRST.
returning for 2011? only time will tell...
  #15   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-07-2002, 09:43 PM
GET IT ON!!
FRC #0121 (Rhode Warrior)

Kyle Fenton has much to be proud ofKyle Fenton has much to be proud ofKyle Fenton has much to be proud ofKyle Fenton has much to be proud ofKyle Fenton has much to be proud ofKyle Fenton has much to be proud ofKyle Fenton has much to be proud ofKyle Fenton has much to be proud ofKyle Fenton has much to be proud ofKyle Fenton has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Kyle Fenton
The feed worked OK for me. If you looked at the statistics at the stream, it looks like EKG monitor you see in the hospitals. Anyways the reason they didn't have audio is because they most likely wanted to save on bandwidth. The audio is next to nothing important from the video.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: