OCCRA
Go to Post We don't want "The Flame Heard 'Round the World"... - Andrew Blair [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > General Forum
CD-Media   CD-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-01-2012, 08:19 PM
Zen Archer
AKA: Senor Mas
FRC #0571 (Team Paragon)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 1998
MooreteP has a reputation beyond reputeMooreteP has a reputation beyond reputeMooreteP has a reputation beyond reputeMooreteP has a reputation beyond reputeMooreteP has a reputation beyond reputeMooreteP has a reputation beyond reputeMooreteP has a reputation beyond reputeMooreteP has a reputation beyond reputeMooreteP has a reputation beyond reputeMooreteP has a reputation beyond reputeMooreteP has a reputation beyond repute
The Eh-Team. Video of Archimedes QF 3-1

For those of you who never got to see this once in a lifetime alliance play their game with a dicey triple balance that wins the match, here it is:

http://youtu.be/jUTt7_bU2Lw

The rookies, 4334, the Alberta Tech Alliance, built the perfect partner for Simbotics and OP Robotics. It is the cutest little bot that spends the match frustrating the Blue Alliance by scavenging their balls and spitting them over to 1114 and 2056.

The match was filmed from the opposite side of the field, so it is not easy to appreciate their fine machines, but the triple balance is captured.

The 7th seeded Blue Alliance team of the Cyberknights from Southington CT, 195, The Wired Cats from Atlanta GA, 2415, and Bear Metal from Maple Valley Washington, 2046, were also quite exceptional and pushed them very hard. In fact they outscored them on baskets by 15 points.

195 played very effective defense on 2056, but unfortunately tipped over on the bridge at the end.

86-61, only a 25 point difference without any bridge points.

Last edited by MooreteP : 05-01-2012 at 09:10 PM. Reason: Made a mistake in the match ID
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-01-2012, 08:29 PM
Robots For All
AKA: noops
FRC #1648
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2009
Anupam Goli has a reputation beyond reputeAnupam Goli has a reputation beyond reputeAnupam Goli has a reputation beyond reputeAnupam Goli has a reputation beyond reputeAnupam Goli has a reputation beyond reputeAnupam Goli has a reputation beyond reputeAnupam Goli has a reputation beyond reputeAnupam Goli has a reputation beyond reputeAnupam Goli has a reputation beyond reputeAnupam Goli has a reputation beyond reputeAnupam Goli has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Eh-Team. Video of Archimedes SF 3-2

For the title, I think you meant QF 3-1, last time i checked there were only 2 sets of matches in semis. , and in QF2 the match ended with a double triple, so this is the first Quarterfinal match.

It was an awesome series of matches for sure, the Eh team (I like to call them Team Canada) was dominant, but I think 2415 was a steal of a pic for 195 and 2046, and together they put up a big fight. I remember 3 years ago though, it was the same situation. Team 1002, 2415, and 107 had to face 1114 and 2056 int he quarter finals, and it ended in a similar fashion.

Last edited by Anupam Goli : 05-01-2012 at 08:32 PM.
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-01-2012, 08:35 PM
Mentor (1114), Alumni (772)
AKA: Aaron Koscielski
FRC #1114 (Simbotics)

Rookie Year: 2006
akoscielski3 has a reputation beyond reputeakoscielski3 has a reputation beyond reputeakoscielski3 has a reputation beyond reputeakoscielski3 has a reputation beyond reputeakoscielski3 has a reputation beyond reputeakoscielski3 has a reputation beyond reputeakoscielski3 has a reputation beyond reputeakoscielski3 has a reputation beyond reputeakoscielski3 has a reputation beyond reputeakoscielski3 has a reputation beyond reputeakoscielski3 has a reputation beyond repute

From Here on out, I a member of the FIRST Community, propose FRC Team 1114, and FRC Team 2056, be referred to as, "The EH-Team".

Does anyone Second this proposal?

Disclamer: I am not being rude to 4334, but they we only team mates with these two amazing teams for the division. Teams 1114, and 2056 are almost always together, and have won 10 Regional's together, and now 1 Division.
Team 772 Sabre Bytes
2010-2013

Dean's List Finalist 2013 Waterloo Regional
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-01-2012, 08:39 PM
Zen Archer
FRC #0571 (Team Paragon)

MooreteP has a reputation beyond reputeMooreteP has a reputation beyond reputeMooreteP has a reputation beyond reputeMooreteP has a reputation beyond reputeMooreteP has a reputation beyond reputeMooreteP has a reputation beyond reputeMooreteP has a reputation beyond reputeMooreteP has a reputation beyond reputeMooreteP has a reputation beyond reputeMooreteP has a reputation beyond reputeMooreteP has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wing View Post
For the title, I think you meant QF 3-1, last time i checked there were only 2 sets of matches in semis. , and in QF2 the match ended with a double triple, so this is the first Quarterfinal match.
Thank you, fixed.
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-01-2012, 08:51 PM
CAD Leader
AKA: AK-Fo'7
FRC #1507 (The WARLOCKS)

Rookie Year: 2004
Solidstate89 has a spectacular aura aboutSolidstate89 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by akoscielski3 View Post

Teams 1114, and 2056 are almost always together, and have won 10 Regional's together, and now 1 Division.
Haha, tell me about it. We've been on the receiving end of those juggernauts before.
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-01-2012, 09:02 PM
Design, Strategy & Scouting Mentor
FRC #2046 (Bear Metal)

Rookie Year: 2007
Austin2046 has a spectacular aura aboutAustin2046 has a spectacular aura about
Re: The Eh-Team. Video of Archimedes QF 3-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooreteP View Post
The 7th seeded Blue Alliance team of the Cyberknights from Southington CT, 195, The Wired Cats from Atlanta GA, 2415, and Bare Metal from Maple Valley Washington, 2046, were also quite exceptional and pushed them very hard. In fact they outscored them on baskets by 15 points.
It's Bear Metal btw... but yeah, that was a tough set of matches. We really thought our alliance had the potential to pull off the upset. Had we gone for a triple when they did, we probably could've pulled out the victory in this match. In the second match I was amazed at how fast and clean we tripled, altho it took 2415 a while to lower the bridge. Still though, we had a great time and it was a pleasure to play with and against such great teams.
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-01-2012, 09:04 PM
Robots For All
FRC #1648

Anupam Goli has a reputation beyond reputeAnupam Goli has a reputation beyond reputeAnupam Goli has a reputation beyond reputeAnupam Goli has a reputation beyond reputeAnupam Goli has a reputation beyond reputeAnupam Goli has a reputation beyond reputeAnupam Goli has a reputation beyond reputeAnupam Goli has a reputation beyond reputeAnupam Goli has a reputation beyond reputeAnupam Goli has a reputation beyond reputeAnupam Goli has a reputation beyond repute

I think all it would've taken was a double balance at the end of the match to beat them in the first match...
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-01-2012, 09:14 PM
FRC #2046 (Bear Metal)

Quote:
I think all it would've taken was a double balance at the end of the match to beat them in the first match...
It ended up being a 25 point differential so with the double we still would've lost by 5 points. I believe we were ahead of them before they went to triple tho, so had we done the same we would've won. Instead i think we we were skeptical about their tripling capabilities and it came back to bite us in the end.
  #9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-01-2012, 09:16 PM
Robots For All
FRC #1648

yea, it was a 25 point difference, but really close. If this alliance didn't play the "Eh Team" first round, I think a lot of heads would've been turned towards this alliance's power.
  #10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-01-2012, 09:21 PM
AKA: Adam Lowe
FTC #5875 (GENIUS)

Rookie Year: 2005
iPenguin has a brilliant futureiPenguin has a brilliant futureiPenguin has a brilliant futureiPenguin has a brilliant futureiPenguin has a brilliant futureiPenguin has a brilliant futureiPenguin has a brilliant futureiPenguin has a brilliant futureiPenguin has a brilliant futureiPenguin has a brilliant futureiPenguin has a brilliant future

I'm sorry, but what is the reason for calling 1114+2056 the "Eh Team"? Am I mispronouncing it?
2012-Present: FTC #5875, GENIUS
2008-2012: FRC & FTC #1002, The CircuitRunners

"Invention, my dear friends, is 93% perspiration, 6% electricity, 4% evaporation, and 2% butterscotch ripple."
~Gene Wilder as Willy Wonka
  #11   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-01-2012, 09:23 PM
FRC #2046 (Bear Metal)

Quote:
yea, it was a 25 point difference, but really close. If this alliance didn't play the "Eh Team" first round, I think a lot of heads would've been turned towards this alliance's power.
I agree entirely, OP and Simbotics have worked together a lot before, so they knew how to play their game... i don't believe we even had a match with 2415 or 195 before we formed our alliance. Had we the chance, I'm sure we could've really worked out a rhythm together, and turned a lot of heads.
  #12   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-01-2012, 09:26 PM
Robots For All
FRC #1648

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPenguin View Post
I'm sorry, but what is the reason for calling 1114+2056 the "Eh Team"? Am I mispronouncing it?
It's a play on "The A-team". There's that stereotype that Canadians say "Eh" a lot.
  #13   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-01-2012, 09:27 PM
St. Louis Or Bust
AKA: Aaron Gordon
FRC #0781 (Kinetic Knights)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2008
Yipyapper has a reputation beyond reputeYipyapper has a reputation beyond reputeYipyapper has a reputation beyond reputeYipyapper has a reputation beyond reputeYipyapper has a reputation beyond reputeYipyapper has a reputation beyond reputeYipyapper has a reputation beyond reputeYipyapper has a reputation beyond reputeYipyapper has a reputation beyond reputeYipyapper has a reputation beyond reputeYipyapper has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Eh as in the Canada stereotype to say "Eh?" , and all 3 robots on the alliance were Canadian.

1114 - St. Catherine's, ON
2056 - Stoney Creek, ON
4334 - Calgary, AB

Programmer/Driver for Team 781 -- The Kinetic Knights 2010-2014. 2011 World Finalists!
  #14   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-01-2012, 09:28 PM
Zen Archer
FRC #0571 (Team Paragon)

Quote:
1114 and 2056 AND 4334 are all from Canada, you hoser.
  #15   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-01-2012, 09:32 PM
AKA: Adam Lowe
FTC #5875 (GENIUS)

Rookie Year: 2005
iPenguin has a brilliant futureiPenguin has a brilliant futureiPenguin has a brilliant futureiPenguin has a brilliant futureiPenguin has a brilliant futureiPenguin has a brilliant futureiPenguin has a brilliant futureiPenguin has a brilliant futureiPenguin has a brilliant futureiPenguin has a brilliant futureiPenguin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooreteP View Post
1114 and 2056 AND 4334 are all from Canada, you hoser.
Wait, I'm not from Canada, and I'M a hoser?
2012-Present: FTC #5875, GENIUS
2008-2012: FRC & FTC #1002, The CircuitRunners

"Invention, my dear friends, is 93% perspiration, 6% electricity, 4% evaporation, and 2% butterscotch ripple."
~Gene Wilder as Willy Wonka

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: