Go to Post Life is an iterative process. Never be afraid to screw up and have to rebuild because otherwise you won't accomplish anything of any value. - Andrew Schreiber [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Competition > Rules/Strategy
CD-Media   CD-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-13-2018, 08:58 AM
FRC #4384 (Benezene Bots)
Team Role: Leadership

Rookie Year: 2014
tbolar2016 is an unknown quantity at this point
Tableau/Strategy

Hey Guys!
I recently got tableau and was playing around for it so that I can figure it out and potentially use it for our team strategy, pick list etc.

I wanted to know how you guys on the plan on using tableau in this game. Since its such a different game, how do you plan on measuring how useful a robot is? How are you planning on getting around the time-scoring etc.

Thanks!
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-13-2018, 05:44 PM
AKA: Kevin
FRC #4188 (Columbus Space Program)
Team Role: Scout

Rookie Year: 2017
kevjapan is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Tableau/Strategy

Well, for our team, we are looking for many (and I mean many) things during each match. We will most likely split the points up into parts of the match (autonomous, tele-op, extra). We will then average and calculate percentages for different categories (ex: average - scale, percentage - climb). Then, we'll weigh the different categories depending on importance in the game and result in a score for each team.

For Tableau, we will create different graphs to show the progression of each team and combine the graphs with a visualization/viz and parameters. We'll then average the scores of each team to get an alliance score. For pick lists, we rank those scores from highest to lowest. During alliance selections, we click on the team and exclude that team so that the list is updated for selections.

For time-scoring, we would implement the time into the individual alliance strategy based on previous times and scores of other teams.

There's still some other stuff in progress or stuff yet to be decided on, so yeah.

Sorry for the long post, and I hoped it helped!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: