OCCRA
Go to Post This looks like a job for duct tape! - JoeXIII'007 [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > General Forum
CD-Media  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-08-2018, 03:28 PM
FRC #7231 (Team Freedom)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2012
osirisv is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation FLL and FRC curriculum

Hi guys,
I need help finding a open to use curriculum that we can use to teach FLL and FRC specific clases. The idea is create classes specific to FIRST. If you have one that can share it will be grate, or if you have a work in progress that can share that will be good too.

Any help will be really appreciated!!
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-08-2018, 05:52 PM
AKA: Alex Henry
FRC #4272 (Maverick Boiler Robotics)
Team Role: Coach

Rookie Year: 2014
Lexeo is a splendid one to beholdLexeo is a splendid one to beholdLexeo is a splendid one to beholdLexeo is a splendid one to beholdLexeo is a splendid one to beholdLexeo is a splendid one to behold
Re: FLL and FRC curriculum

It's still a work in progress (I have to have it finished soon I know ), but here is the curriculum for McCutcheon High School's FRC class. It is set up to be a 1 semester course, teaching the skills an concepts that we believe are essential to know for FRC.

Feel free to use any part of it you would like.

team4272.com/class
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-08-2018, 06:15 PM
FRC #7231 (Team Freedom)

Rookie Year: 2012
osirisv is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexeo View Post
It's still a work in progress (I have to have it finished soon I know ), but here is the curriculum for McCutcheon High School's FRC class. It is set up to be a 1 semester course, teaching the skills an concepts that we believe are essential to know for FRC.

Feel free to use any part of it you would like.

team4272.com/class
Great work thanks a lot.
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-08-2018, 08:33 PM
no team

Rookie Year: 2010
RoboJake is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: FLL and FRC curriculum

Hi,

We have a brand new website with over 60 different resources, tutorials, videos, and presentations. We know what it is like to start a team if you want to PM (Private Message) me on Chief Delphi I would be happy to talk to you and walk you through the whole process! We have a whole list of different team management documents and tutorial presentations that could help your team. As former rookies, we know what struggles you are going through, so we would love to help! Let us know what you are interested in and we will be glad to help! We actually have a whole guide with curriculum and basic tutorials for rookie teams that we would love to share with you. We would love to help you out, let us know how we can help you! My team actually started our own class last year and it has evolved in amazing ways! I would love to help you out and send you some resources that we found to be useful!

Thanks
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-08-2018, 10:38 PM
AKA: Clint Brawley
FRC #0364 (Fusion)

Rookie Year: 2013
Fusion_Clint has a reputation beyond reputeFusion_Clint has a reputation beyond reputeFusion_Clint has a reputation beyond reputeFusion_Clint has a reputation beyond reputeFusion_Clint has a reputation beyond reputeFusion_Clint has a reputation beyond reputeFusion_Clint has a reputation beyond reputeFusion_Clint has a reputation beyond reputeFusion_Clint has a reputation beyond reputeFusion_Clint has a reputation beyond reputeFusion_Clint has a reputation beyond repute

For the time being I suggest that you use the 2018 Mississippi Engineering curriculum as a guide for FRC as most of these skills are very relevant to FRC. I battled pretty hard to make this platform neutral, so that schools could use whatever platform they choose for the robotics: FIRST, VEX, MATE, SEAPerch, BEST, etc. I am currently working on a FIRST specific version of this.

https://www.rcu.msstate.edu/Curricul... g=engineering

Also for FLL FIRST has this resource: http://info.firstinspires.org/fll-first-steps-request

For FTC FIRST: http://info.firstinspires.org/ftccur...2Fcurr iculum
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-08-2018, 11:02 PM
Mentor
FRC #3103 (Iron Plaid)

Rookie Year: 2009
philso has a reputation beyond reputephilso has a reputation beyond reputephilso has a reputation beyond reputephilso has a reputation beyond reputephilso has a reputation beyond reputephilso has a reputation beyond reputephilso has a reputation beyond reputephilso has a reputation beyond reputephilso has a reputation beyond reputephilso has a reputation beyond reputephilso has a reputation beyond repute

For FLL, I would strongly recommend going to EV3Lessons. The Seshan brothers have had a lot of experience teaching how to use the Lego Mindstorms for FLL. The people we have referred this curriculum to have all made good progress. Start with the "Beginner" section of the "Programming Lessons" tab.

There also good resources for the Coaches in the "Coaches Corner" tab on the flltutorials website that is also run by the Seshan brothers.
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-09-2018, 09:49 AM
🥛Milk🥛
AKA: Brennan Bibic
FRC #4476 (W.A.F.F.L.E.S.)
Team Role: Coach

Rookie Year: 2006
BrennanB has a reputation beyond reputeBrennanB has a reputation beyond reputeBrennanB has a reputation beyond reputeBrennanB has a reputation beyond reputeBrennanB has a reputation beyond reputeBrennanB has a reputation beyond reputeBrennanB has a reputation beyond reputeBrennanB has a reputation beyond reputeBrennanB has a reputation beyond reputeBrennanB has a reputation beyond reputeBrennanB has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by philso View Post
For FLL, I would strongly recommend going to EV3Lessons. The Seshan brothers have had a lot of experience teaching how to use the Lego Mindstorms for FLL. The people we have referred this curriculum to have all made good progress. Start with the "Beginner" section of the "Programming Lessons" tab.

There also good resources for the Coaches in the "Coaches Corner" tab on the flltutorials website that is also run by the Seshan brothers.
Plus one to this for FLL these guys are great! (FLL Detroit champions award winners)
FRC|> 2009-2012 (K-Botics #2809) -> 2013-2019 (W.A.F.F.L.E.S. Community Robotics #4476)
FLL|> 2006-2019 (W.A.F.F.L.E.S. #105)
VRC|> 2010-2013, 2015-2016 (W.A.F.F.L.E.S. #4476)
SLFF|> 2013-2019 (The Breakfast Company)
-------------------------------------------------
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-09-2018, 11:40 AM
Lead Mentor
AKA: Travis
FRC #2723 (Team Rocket)

Rookie Year: 2011
BSV has much to be proud ofBSV has much to be proud ofBSV has much to be proud ofBSV has much to be proud ofBSV has much to be proud ofBSV has much to be proud ofBSV has much to be proud ofBSV has much to be proud ofBSV has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrennanB View Post
Plus one to this for FLL these guys are great! (FLL Detroit champions award winners)
And the year before (at St. Louis Worlds) they won "mentor of the year" or something like that because they sat out the year of FLL and mentored another team to Worlds.

I believe that their updated / refined web site for this season is http://flltutorials.com/

I concur on the +1.
  #9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-09-2018, 01:21 PM
Mentor
FRC #3103 (Iron Plaid)

Rookie Year: 2009
philso has a reputation beyond reputephilso has a reputation beyond reputephilso has a reputation beyond reputephilso has a reputation beyond reputephilso has a reputation beyond reputephilso has a reputation beyond reputephilso has a reputation beyond reputephilso has a reputation beyond reputephilso has a reputation beyond reputephilso has a reputation beyond reputephilso has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSV View Post
And the year before (at St. Louis Worlds) they won "mentor of the year" or something like that because they sat out the year of FLL and mentored another team to Worlds.

I believe that their updated / refined web site for this season is http://flltutorials.com/

I concur on the +1.

It appears that the two web sites are meant to be complementary. The EV3Lessons website is oriented towards technical aspects of the robot. It contains a link to flltutorials for "Resources". The flltutorials web site has resources relating to team management, the Research Project, Robot Design and Core Values and links back to the EV3Lessons website for robot related technical "lessons". Regardless, both websites are great resources.

One of the boys on a team I am mentoring met the Seshan brothers at Houston Champs this year and is really fired up :-)
  #10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-04-2018, 11:57 AM
FRC #7109

7109ClareChaos is an unknown quantity at this point

We are a 2nd year team and 1st year class. I would love to see your materials too. jwinkler@clare.k12.mi.us
  #11   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-04-2018, 12:18 PM
AKA: Allison Kneisler
FRC #3538 (Avondale RoboJackets)

Rookie Year: 2003
Allison K has a reputation beyond reputeAllison K has a reputation beyond reputeAllison K has a reputation beyond reputeAllison K has a reputation beyond reputeAllison K has a reputation beyond reputeAllison K has a reputation beyond reputeAllison K has a reputation beyond reputeAllison K has a reputation beyond reputeAllison K has a reputation beyond reputeAllison K has a reputation beyond reputeAllison K has a reputation beyond repute

Everything I do is a work in progress, but that aside the current top level outline of our training/lessons is attached, and also available here.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RJ-MACE-FRC-ContentOutline.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	650.0 KB
ID:	23529  

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: