OCCRA
Go to Post Courtesy and kindness should be the words for the weekend. - IndySam [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Technical > Motors
CD-Media   CD-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#16   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-14-2017, 11:04 AM
Lead Mentor
FRC #0973 (Greybots)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2004
AdamHeard has a reputation beyond reputeAdamHeard has a reputation beyond reputeAdamHeard has a reputation beyond reputeAdamHeard has a reputation beyond reputeAdamHeard has a reputation beyond reputeAdamHeard has a reputation beyond reputeAdamHeard has a reputation beyond reputeAdamHeard has a reputation beyond reputeAdamHeard has a reputation beyond reputeAdamHeard has a reputation beyond reputeAdamHeard has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to AdamHeard
Re: Bag Motors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeTwo View Post
My experience has been that if I need something from the VexPro line, and it's not November to early January, it's probably out of stock. We have a handful; I'll check to see if we have any to spare tomorrow evening.
In VexPro's defense, that's a pretty optimal time to be sitting on low inventory due to a january kickoff, and the fact that they have to pay taxes on any unsold inventory at the end of the year. If they focused on having year round inventory, they'd be less profitable and be able to offer us less products.

Their ideal forecasting would have them ending the year with nothing at all. this is difficult obviously as what teams will order any given year has to swing wildly.

I'm certainly grateful for the awesome resources VexPRO (and the other FRC specific suppliers) offer.

Need help? Check out 973 Remote Assistance and Mentorship Program.
Like our Robots? Check out the CAD files of MOST of our robots!

2017 "World Champions"
2014 Galileo Champions
2011 World Champions
  #17   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-14-2017, 11:38 AM
Technical Director
AKA: Gus Michel II
FRC #3946 (Tiger Robotics)

Rookie Year: 2013
GeeTwo has a reputation beyond reputeGeeTwo has a reputation beyond reputeGeeTwo has a reputation beyond reputeGeeTwo has a reputation beyond reputeGeeTwo has a reputation beyond reputeGeeTwo has a reputation beyond reputeGeeTwo has a reputation beyond reputeGeeTwo has a reputation beyond reputeGeeTwo has a reputation beyond reputeGeeTwo has a reputation beyond reputeGeeTwo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamHeard View Post
In VexPro's defense, that's a pretty optimal time to be sitting on low inventory due to a january kickoff, and the fact that they have to pay taxes on any unsold inventory at the end of the year. If they focused on having year round inventory, they'd be less profitable and be able to offer us less products.

Their ideal forecasting would have them ending the year with nothing at all. this is difficult obviously as what teams will order any given year has to swing wildly.

I'm certainly grateful for the awesome resources VexPRO (and the other FRC specific suppliers) offer.
That wasn't meant as a complaint, just an observation. FRC supply is a mostly seasonal business, despite the number of teams who continue to build neat stuff some or all of the rest of the year. Actually, Vex* appears to have maximum inventory around Dec 31st. Depending on local tax codes, perhaps some can move their inventory tax date up two or three months.

* - and most other FRC suppliers, as well

If you can't find time to do it right, how are you going to find time to do it over?
If you don't pass it on, it never happened.
Robots are great, but inspiration is the reason we're here.
Friends don't let friends use master links.
  #18   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-15-2017, 10:27 AM
AKA: Zeb
FRC #0340 (Greater Rochester Robotics)
Team Role: Mechanical

Rookie Year: 2015
Zeb340 is a splendid one to beholdZeb340 is a splendid one to beholdZeb340 is a splendid one to beholdZeb340 is a splendid one to beholdZeb340 is a splendid one to beholdZeb340 is a splendid one to beholdZeb340 is a splendid one to behold

may I ask what your project is? I can't think of anything that would use 20 bag motors.

Last edited by Zeb340 : 09-15-2017 at 10:32 AM.
  #19   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-15-2017, 09:30 PM
Director of Programs, GOFIRST
AKA: Nick Aarestad
FTC #9205 (The Iron Maidens)

Rookie Year: 2009
cadandcookies has a reputation beyond reputecadandcookies has a reputation beyond reputecadandcookies has a reputation beyond reputecadandcookies has a reputation beyond reputecadandcookies has a reputation beyond reputecadandcookies has a reputation beyond reputecadandcookies has a reputation beyond reputecadandcookies has a reputation beyond reputecadandcookies has a reputation beyond reputecadandcookies has a reputation beyond reputecadandcookies has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeb340 View Post
may I ask what your project is? I can't think of anything that would use 20 bag motors.
A few years ago I used about that many to make six mini drive trains.

Never assume the motives of others are, to them, less noble than yours are to you. - John Perry Barlow
grabcad | twitter | github
'Snow Problem CAD Files: 2015 2016
MN FTC Field Manager, FTA, CSA, Emcee
FLL Maybe NXT Year (09-10) -> FRC 2220 (11-14) -> FTC 9205(14-?)/FRC 2667 (15-16)
VEXU UMN (2015-??)
Volunteer since 2011
2013 RCA Winner (North Star Regional) (2220)
2016 Connect Award Winner (North Super Regional and World Championship) (9205)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: