Go to Post If only 5% of American entry level workers are proficient in algebra in 2022, I'm moving to Canada. - PVCpirate [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Competition > Regional Competitions
CD-Media   CD-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#16   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-12-2017, 04:49 PM
Scouting Maniac
AKA: Danny Berkson
FRC #2491 (No Mythic)
Team Role: Leadership

Rookie Year: 2015
nomythicalbeast has much to be proud ofnomythicalbeast has much to be proud ofnomythicalbeast has much to be proud ofnomythicalbeast has much to be proud ofnomythicalbeast has much to be proud ofnomythicalbeast has much to be proud ofnomythicalbeast has much to be proud ofnomythicalbeast has much to be proud ofnomythicalbeast has much to be proud ofnomythicalbeast has much to be proud of
Re: Greater Kansas City and Heartland Regionals 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Beta View Post
Still haven't seen 2167 show up on registration lists.
Based on the quote below from last year's KC Regional thread, I don't think 2167 is competing this year. Their school will be closing after this next season, but their team isn't even registered on a waitlist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdaming View Post
On a sadder note that is likely the last regional for 2167 as the school is closing next year. We will hopefully still be able to make Cow Town.

Any questions, comments, concerns or smart remarks? PM me or email me at nomythicalbeast@gmail.com.
  #17   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-18-2017, 07:26 PM
no team

StealthPanther1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Some movement today between the events. 938 slid over to Heartland from GKC. 5801 and 6424 left Heartland for Oklahoma and Seven Revers respectively. Heartland stands at 28 teams and GKC has 23.

Now that all of the movement from the software glitch has been taken care of, hoping to see some of the teams who didn't have a first regional at all start to find their way into the system.

2nd Event Preference Registration runs October 12th through 11:00 am Central on the 19th.
Team 1986 we look forward to seeing you all at Seven Rivers. 6424 will still try to get to KC. We are waiting to see how everything shakes out tomorrow with the 2nd lottery closing. It will be interesting to see what is left out there for the 3rd event.
  #18   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-20-2017, 09:26 AM
AKA: Brent Mammen
FRC #5801 (Inspire)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2014
bmammen will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonO View Post
It is with mixed emotions that I am writing to let everyone know that Up Next 3528 will NOT be competing in 2018. There were many factors that went into our decision, but primarily was the fact that my husband's day job has shifted a bit this year and may require random out of town travel. We simply did not have the time or resources to run a team this year. Our other main mentors have also had more demands on their jobs making a 2018 season not feasible.

FIRST has been a constant in our family the past 7 years. Jeff will still be lending his programming knowledge to any team that needs assistance as well as volunteering at FTC and FRC events.

Best of luck to all the teams! Back to back regionals will be crazy! I'm sure you will see Up Next faces at both competitions.

God Bless! Sharon

Team 5801 has reached out to members of 3528 so that if any should still want to participate in FRC that they may have a place to go. Hopefully the Up Next program can be revived next year and return to their former excellence!
  #19   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-27-2017, 07:25 AM
Ardent Supporter
AKA: Mr. Aaron Bailey
FRC #1986 (Team TITANium)

Rookie Year: 2007
Alpha Beta has a reputation beyond reputeAlpha Beta has a reputation beyond reputeAlpha Beta has a reputation beyond reputeAlpha Beta has a reputation beyond reputeAlpha Beta has a reputation beyond reputeAlpha Beta has a reputation beyond reputeAlpha Beta has a reputation beyond reputeAlpha Beta has a reputation beyond reputeAlpha Beta has a reputation beyond reputeAlpha Beta has a reputation beyond reputeAlpha Beta has a reputation beyond repute

How do waitlists work?

Noticed that someone dropped out of the GKC event. FIRST is now showing 37 spots taken with 1 open spot. I know there are teams on the waitlist. Can someone snipe that 1 spot who hasn't made a 2nd event registration yet, or is it being held in reserve because there is a waitlist?
Dean's List Finalists: 2018(Justice W), 2016(Jacob S), 2014(Cameron L), 2013(Jay U), 2012(Laura S), 2011(Dominic A), 2010(Collin R)
Woodie Flowers Finalist 2018 (Nancy Spatz), 2013 (Aaron Bailey)
Championships: Einstein Finalist (2017), Sub-Division Champion (2017, 2016), Finalist (2013, 2010), Semifinalist (2014), Quaterfinalist (2018, 2015, 2012, 2011)
Other Official Awards: Gracious Professionalism (2013) Entrepreneurship (2017, 2013), Quality (2017, 2015, 2015, 2013), Engineering Excellence (Champs 2013, 2012), Website (2011), Industrial Design (Curie/Darwin 2017, Archimedes/Tesla 2016, 2016, 2015, Newton 2014, 2013, 2011), Innovation in Control (2018, 2014, Champs 2010, 2010, 2008, 2008), Imagery (2009), Safety(2017), Regional Finalist (2017, 2016, 2015, 2008)
  #20   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-27-2017, 07:45 AM
Just Itinerant
AKA: Hey dad...Father...MARK
FRC #0358 (Robotic Eagles)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2002
Mark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond repute

Once the event goes to waitlist it stays there until FIRST HQ releases it.
Even if slots open up by teams dropping out, admittance onto the event list is still through HQ only.

At this point I imagine that preference is going to go to any team appearing on the waitlist who doesn't have any event at all yet.
So, regardless of how many open slots are showing, new teams will still continue to be added to the waitlist, and FIRST HQ will explicitly move any teams by hand into the event.

Last edited by Mark McLeod : 10-27-2017 at 07:48 AM.
  #21   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-30-2017, 09:13 AM
FRC #5013 (Trobots)

jdaming is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Still haven't seen 2167 show up on registration lists.
2167 is run out of the Missouri Academy at NWMSU. The academy has been shut down after this school year. So they only have seniors left and 2 returning members. That said they told me that they were still forming a team and I mentioned how they were late and they assured me they were getting registered this past weekend. We shall see. Unfortunately I live in KC and can only travel up on weekends to help them out and am the only mentor. The school representative has turned over every year so it is hard getting the new person up to speed.
  #22   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-01-2018, 09:52 AM
2280T34
AKA: Devin Keeney
FRC #1982 (Cougar Robotics)
Team Role: Alumni

Bkeeneykid has a brilliant futureBkeeneykid has a brilliant futureBkeeneykid has a brilliant futureBkeeneykid has a brilliant futureBkeeneykid has a brilliant futureBkeeneykid has a brilliant futureBkeeneykid has a brilliant futureBkeeneykid has a brilliant futureBkeeneykid has a brilliant futureBkeeneykid has a brilliant futureBkeeneykid has a brilliant future

I'm going to go ahead and revive this thread as we come closer to the regionals at hand. From what I saw at the lee's summit scrimmage this year, there are some very unique and interesting robots competing at both regionals. It's a shame both 2451 and 2481 dropped out of heartland, but I get that the distance was a bit much for them. Even still, both regionals still should be quite competitive and I'm super excited to compete with everyone here in about a week.

Join the FRC Discord!

#23   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-01-2018, 10:03 AM
FRC #6886 (Synthesizers)
Team Role: Coach

BCR-Jim is a splendid one to beholdBCR-Jim is a splendid one to beholdBCR-Jim is a splendid one to beholdBCR-Jim is a splendid one to beholdBCR-Jim is a splendid one to beholdBCR-Jim is a splendid one to beholdBCR-Jim is a splendid one to behold

Team 6886 checking in. We are excited about attending both of the events for our rookie season.

Want to say thank you to Devin and the entire 1982 team for being the "test subject" for trying out our ramps at the Lee's Summit Scrimmage.

Also we have a very limited number of students, but if any other team needs help scouting we would probably have some students willing to pitch in so we can learn what scouting actually entails.
  #24   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-10-2018, 10:14 PM
Gavin Wood
FRC #1939 (The Kuhnigits)

holygrail is a name known to allholygrail is a name known to allholygrail is a name known to allholygrail is a name known to allholygrail is a name known to allholygrail is a name known to all

Just wanted to send out a big CONGRATULATIONS to Jim Nazworthy from 1730 - Team Driven for being honored as the Woodie Flowers Award Finalist for the Heartland Regional!

I cannot think of a more deserving person. I'm surprised he didn't win it years ago. Thanks for all you do for the FIRST Community in Kansas City and for being such a great role model for other coaches!!
  #25   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-11-2018, 08:37 PM
AKA: Remy
FRC #1723 (FBI - FIRST Bots of Independence)
Team Role: Driver

Rookie Year: 2014
remymathenia is an unknown quantity at this point

The first of the two Kansas City events is in the books and I would like to first thank the event staff for putting together a phenomenal regional. Every volunteer was extremely polite and helpful. With some local teams providing volunteers (in addition to Greater Kansas City regulars), there were many familiar faces making for a friendly environment. We can only hope that next week’s Greater Kansas City regional will bring the same level of efficiency, organization, and friendliness from other teams and from event volunteers.

I would like to congratulate the Heartland Regional Champions 4522 (Team Scream), 1710 (The Ravonics Revolution), and 1982 (Cougar Robotics). Ever since I saw 4522’s reveal I knew they would be a very high ranking robot at this event. 1710 impressed throughout qualifications and proved to be a very effective robot throughout the playoffs. The strategy implemented by this alliance in finals was great to watch, with fantastic coordination between the teams.

Lastly, I would like to congratulate 1730 (Team Driven), 1806 (S.W.A.T.), and 1810 (Jaguar Robotics) on their run in the playoffs and finals appearance. 1730 showcased some of the best control and driving I recent years and it was awesome to watch their quick robot zip around the field. Once 1806 got their autonomous dialed-in in time for the playoffs, they were seemingly unstoppable with a quick lead on the scale. And to 1810, you guys pulled off the scissor lift in beautiful fashion.

Congratulations to all teams for an exciting tournament and especially to 1730 and 1710 for earning Engineering Inspiration and Chairman’s. Two deserving teams who make a giant postivie impact on the FIRST community.

We hope to see everyone at the Greater Kansas City Regional for another competitive event!
  #26   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-11-2018, 08:54 PM
I live for the details.
FRC #3620 (Average Joes)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 1996
Richard Wallace has a reputation beyond reputeRichard Wallace has a reputation beyond reputeRichard Wallace has a reputation beyond reputeRichard Wallace has a reputation beyond reputeRichard Wallace has a reputation beyond reputeRichard Wallace has a reputation beyond reputeRichard Wallace has a reputation beyond reputeRichard Wallace has a reputation beyond reputeRichard Wallace has a reputation beyond reputeRichard Wallace has a reputation beyond reputeRichard Wallace has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by holygrail View Post
Just wanted to send out a big CONGRATULATIONS to Jim Nazworthy from 1730 - Team Driven for being honored as the Woodie Flowers Award Finalist for the Heartland Regional!

I cannot think of a more deserving person. I'm surprised he didn't win it years ago. Thanks for all you do for the FIRST Community in Kansas City and for being such a great role model for other coaches!!
+1^!

1730 is a team known for competitiveness AND sportsmanship. Jim's leadership by example is a big reason for that.

Mentor since 2011 for FRC 3620 Average Joes (St. Joseph, Michigan)
Mentor 2002-10 for FRC 931 Perpetual Chaos (St. Louis, Missouri)
since 2003

I believe in intuition and inspiration. Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution. It is, strictly speaking, a real factor in scientific research.
(Cosmic Religion : With Other Opinions and Aphorisms (1931) by Albert Einstein, p. 97)
  #27   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-11-2018, 10:30 PM
FRC #6886 (Synthesizers)

BCR-Jim is a splendid one to beholdBCR-Jim is a splendid one to beholdBCR-Jim is a splendid one to beholdBCR-Jim is a splendid one to beholdBCR-Jim is a splendid one to beholdBCR-Jim is a splendid one to beholdBCR-Jim is a splendid one to behold

6886 wants to thank our #2 alliance partners 4388 Ridgebotics and 935 RaileRobotics. Your willingness to work with our rookie team was really appreciated.

Also congratulations to Team Scream and the winning alliance. Team Scream's sharing of their practice field has made a huge difference in our success this year.

A final thank you to all the advice given on Chief Delphi. Without this community's help and advice we would not have been able to go to our first event and wind up as the 2nd captain.

Looking forward to our trip to Worlds.
  #28   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-11-2018, 11:16 PM
AKA: Colin Sherman
FRC #1710 (The Ravonics Revolution)
Team Role: CAD

Csherm is an unknown quantity at this point

On behalf of team 1710 I want to thank all of the volunteers that made this event run so smoothly. We could not have asked for better teams to win with than 4522 and 1982. It was a pleasure to coach behind the glass with you. I also want to congratulate the finalist alliance of 1730, 1806, and 1810. Those finals were incredibly close and probably could have gone either way. Lastly I want to congratulate 1730 again for taking home the engineering inspiration award. We look forward to competing in two weeks at the Iowa regional and now at Houston champs.
  #29   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-13-2018, 08:11 AM
mechanical build mentor
AKA: Bob Hrenchir
FRC #1108 (Panther Robotics)

Rookie Year: 2010
hrench has a brilliant futurehrench has a brilliant futurehrench has a brilliant futurehrench has a brilliant futurehrench has a brilliant futurehrench has a brilliant futurehrench has a brilliant futurehrench has a brilliant futurehrench has a brilliant futurehrench has a brilliant futurehrench has a brilliant future

1108 had a Great time at Heartland, and as part of the seven-seed, chosen by 3184 and 4499, insisted on making the three-seed, headed by Team Scream 4522, with 1710 and 1982play us Five times to secure their win.

I have not seen matches so close. It's the closest 1108 has ever been to the winner's circle at KC. Very exciting. And great fun.

I wrote about it at length here.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...tion&ref=notif
  #30   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-13-2018, 10:59 AM
Coach
AKA: Michael Wright
FRC #4522 (Team SCREAM)

Rookie Year: 2013
mrwright is a splendid one to beholdmrwright is a splendid one to beholdmrwright is a splendid one to beholdmrwright is a splendid one to beholdmrwright is a splendid one to beholdmrwright is a splendid one to beholdmrwright is a splendid one to behold

What an amazing weekend! Those semifinal matches were some of the most hectic and crazy matches I've ever been a part of. The 1108, 3184, and 4499 alliance fought so hard and it could have gone either way.

Big congratulations to our neighbors in Warsaw, 6886 The Synthesizers for being awarded the Rookie All Star. Your robot was awesome and we were not looking forward to facing your alliance.

I am so proud of Jim Nazworthy from 1730 Team Driven for being awarded Woody Flowers. What an honor.

To the #1 alliance of 1730, 1806, and 1810. You all fought so hard and were so gracious. We were so happy to see that the entire alliance punched their ticket to Champs.

Finally, huge props to our alliance partners 1710 and 1982. This was the perfect alliance that was able to support each other. We had an alliance of three robots that could truly play all elements of the game. We were able to support each when one of our machines were struggling. Each of these teams were a class act to work alongside with.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: