OCCRA
Go to Post Disclaimer: I am not an electrical engineer nor an electrician. I occasionally play one on CD. And when inspecting robots, sort of... - jvriezen [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Competition > Rules/Strategy
CD-Media  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-04-2018, 02:00 AM
AKA: Bryan Rickards
no team (1592 Bionic Tigers / 2338 Gear it Forward)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2005
bigbeezy has much to be proud ofbigbeezy has much to be proud ofbigbeezy has much to be proud ofbigbeezy has much to be proud ofbigbeezy has much to be proud ofbigbeezy has much to be proud ofbigbeezy has much to be proud ofbigbeezy has much to be proud of
TBA Match Stats

TBA has a great new feature that shows the match score and power ups live. Sorry the official name is escaping me. This is really, really cool.

Question about it though. Is it recording? Can it graph the score per second of a match? I'm not quite sure how this data would be useful yet, but in a game where the scoring rate is critical over the entire match this would be cool to visualize at the very least. Would be cool to see/analyse where an alliance took over.

Football and basketball (maybe other sports idk) have a graph of probability of winning vs time remaining. Basically its a graph where one team (alliance) is on top and the other on bottom and over the course of the game it shows how likely (percentage) either team is of winning. In a game like this year's this actually would be pretty good. How useful, idk yet. But visualizing WHEN alliances are winning matches could be useful. Sorry but I don't have a clue how that is calculated for these other sports.
Winner - Colorado Regional 2008
Florida State University - BS Mechanical Engineering
Team 2338 Gear it Forward -- Mentor/Drive Coach 2013-2017
Winner - Wisconsin Regional 2013
Finalist - Midwest Regional 2014, 2015, 2016
Winner - Archimedes Sub-Division 2015
Chairman's Award - Midwest Regional 2015, 2016, 2017
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-04-2018, 02:39 AM
Mentor
AKA: Nelson Green
FRC #1108 (Panther Robotics)

Rookie Year: 2002
ngreen has a reputation beyond reputengreen has a reputation beyond reputengreen has a reputation beyond reputengreen has a reputation beyond reputengreen has a reputation beyond reputengreen has a reputation beyond reputengreen has a reputation beyond reputengreen has a reputation beyond reputengreen has a reputation beyond reputengreen has a reputation beyond reputengreen has a reputation beyond repute
Re: TBA Match Stats

https://www.chiefdelphi.com/forums/s...d.php?t=158975

I don't know how much delay the image processing takes.

One thing that might be interesting would be to see which teams build leads early vs the comeback kids. Look at first 100 seconds vs last 50 seconds.

What I'd do is calculate the margin for each alliance at that point and then run OPR on it to try and get at a margin for each team. I'd be interested to see plotted against the number of wins. Or even just graph these margins at a few different time points.

These would probably somewhat correlate with how good at different stages of the game certain teams are. Like a good auto team might take an early lead vs. a team with a good climb assist might comeback.
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-04-2018, 04:38 AM
Programmer
AKA: Andrew Dassonville
FRC #2521 (SERT)
Team Role: Programmer

Rookie Year: 2016
andrewda is a splendid one to beholdandrewda is a splendid one to beholdandrewda is a splendid one to beholdandrewda is a splendid one to beholdandrewda is a splendid one to beholdandrewda is a splendid one to behold

Yep, all the data is being saved. Everyone's pretty busy right now and hard at working trying to keep this new feature working smoothly, but you can expect to see the data being used for more match insights (e.g. the avg. number of times the scale switched ownership) and to have more data accessible from an API endpoint in the nearish future. Eugene might be able to answer better about the plans for the data.

Team 2521
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-04-2018, 04:42 AM
Programmer
AKA: Andrew Dassonville
FRC #2521 (SERT)
Team Role: Programmer

andrewda is a splendid one to beholdandrewda is a splendid one to beholdandrewda is a splendid one to beholdandrewda is a splendid one to beholdandrewda is a splendid one to beholdandrewda is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngreen View Post
I don't know how much delay the image processing takes.
The image processing itself only takes a few milliseconds. The limiting factor in how "live" GameDay Live is is mainly the delay in the stream from the source (usually about 20-30sec). Uploading the data to Firebase and having the browser load the data also takes a second, but it's not much in the grand scheme of things. In fact, GameDay Live can even occasionally be ahead of the streams displayed on GameDay by a few seconds depending on your internet connection!

Team 2521

Last edited by andrewda : 03-04-2018 at 04:46 AM.
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-04-2018, 09:20 AM
The Blue Alliance
FRC #0604 (Quixilver)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2000
Eugene Fang has a reputation beyond reputeEugene Fang has a reputation beyond reputeEugene Fang has a reputation beyond reputeEugene Fang has a reputation beyond reputeEugene Fang has a reputation beyond reputeEugene Fang has a reputation beyond reputeEugene Fang has a reputation beyond reputeEugene Fang has a reputation beyond reputeEugene Fang has a reputation beyond reputeEugene Fang has a reputation beyond reputeEugene Fang has a reputation beyond repute

Everything Andrew said is correct. We're using week 1 to test things out. More info on how we're making the data accessible coming soon.

Various FLL Teams - Student (2000-2006), Mentor (2007-2010)
FRC Team 604 - Student (2007-2010), Mentor/Remote Advisor (2011-Present)
FRC Team 1323 - Mentor/Remote Advisor (2011-2014)

The Blue Alliance | TBA GameDay | TBA Android App | TBA Blog | TBA Swag
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-04-2018, 01:01 PM

bigbeezy has much to be proud ofbigbeezy has much to be proud ofbigbeezy has much to be proud ofbigbeezy has much to be proud ofbigbeezy has much to be proud ofbigbeezy has much to be proud ofbigbeezy has much to be proud ofbigbeezy has much to be proud of

Oh sorry I missed the thread.

Awesome work guys!
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-08-2018, 01:39 PM
AKA: Alex
FRC #0548 (Robostangs)

Rookie Year: 2014
orangelight has much to be proud oforangelight has much to be proud oforangelight has much to be proud oforangelight has much to be proud oforangelight has much to be proud oforangelight has much to be proud oforangelight has much to be proud oforangelight has much to be proud oforangelight has much to be proud of

You mean something like this?

#8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-08-2018, 01:46 PM
The Blue Alliance
FRC #0604 (Quixilver)

Rookie Year: 2000
Eugene Fang has a reputation beyond reputeEugene Fang has a reputation beyond reputeEugene Fang has a reputation beyond reputeEugene Fang has a reputation beyond reputeEugene Fang has a reputation beyond reputeEugene Fang has a reputation beyond reputeEugene Fang has a reputation beyond reputeEugene Fang has a reputation beyond reputeEugene Fang has a reputation beyond reputeEugene Fang has a reputation beyond reputeEugene Fang has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangelight View Post
I've been wanting to do something like this. Mind sharing your methodology?

Various FLL Teams - Student (2000-2006), Mentor (2007-2010)
FRC Team 604 - Student (2007-2010), Mentor/Remote Advisor (2011-Present)
FRC Team 1323 - Mentor/Remote Advisor (2011-2014)

The Blue Alliance | TBA GameDay | TBA Android App | TBA Blog | TBA Swag
  #9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-08-2018, 02:01 PM
AKA: Alex
FRC #0548 (Robostangs)

Rookie Year: 2014
orangelight has much to be proud oforangelight has much to be proud oforangelight has much to be proud oforangelight has much to be proud oforangelight has much to be proud oforangelight has much to be proud oforangelight has much to be proud oforangelight has much to be proud oforangelight has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene Fang View Post
I've been wanting to do something like this. Mind sharing your methodology?
I just made an list of 149 logistic classification models(one for each second in the match) with the score difference and who won the match. Though, looking at the models I need to do some data cleaning.

#10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-08-2018, 02:53 PM
Knock-off Dr. Strange
AKA: inkling16
no team (The Piztons)

Rookie Year: 2009
Caleb Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb Sykes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I just made an list of 149 logistic classification models(one for each second in the match) with the score difference and who won the match. Though, looking at the models I need to do some data cleaning.
That's exactly what I was planning to do.
  #11   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-09-2018, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Yeah that was exactly like what I was talking about. Sweet!
  #12   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-09-2018, 09:57 AM
Programming Mentor
AKA: Brian Rozmierski
FRC #5881 (TVHS Dragons)

bdaroz has a reputation beyond reputebdaroz has a reputation beyond reputebdaroz has a reputation beyond reputebdaroz has a reputation beyond reputebdaroz has a reputation beyond reputebdaroz has a reputation beyond reputebdaroz has a reputation beyond reputebdaroz has a reputation beyond reputebdaroz has a reputation beyond reputebdaroz has a reputation beyond reputebdaroz has a reputation beyond repute

Just an FYI - We've posted API docs for timeseries data. There are two endpoints "/event/{event_key}/matches/timeseries" lists matches at an event w/ timeseries data and "/match/{match_key}/timeseries" gets all the timeseries info.

(https://www.thebluealliance.com/apidocs/v3)

I want to take a minute to call out the disclaimers in the docs:

Quote:
WARNING: This is not official data, and is subject to a significant possibility of error, or missing data. Do not rely on this data for any purpose. In fact, pretend we made it up.

WARNING: This endpoint and corresponding data models are under active development and may change at any time, including in breaking ways.
Have fun with it, use it, but please don't even think of using it at your event to argue with your HR or FTA/FTAA.

Lastly, as timeseries data is year-specific, the endpoints do not link to the data model, so you'll need to handle that manually in your implementation.
  #13   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-09-2018, 10:22 AM
365 --> 4039
AKA: Mattward
FRC #4039 (Makeshift)

Rookie Year: 2009
Matt G has a reputation beyond reputeMatt G has a reputation beyond reputeMatt G has a reputation beyond reputeMatt G has a reputation beyond reputeMatt G has a reputation beyond reputeMatt G has a reputation beyond reputeMatt G has a reputation beyond reputeMatt G has a reputation beyond reputeMatt G has a reputation beyond reputeMatt G has a reputation beyond reputeMatt G has a reputation beyond repute

Would it also be possible for TBA to use this to record match videos from the livestreams? The OCR could be used to determine the start and end of a match, which could trigger a recording, even naming the file based on the match information given on the overlay.

This would probably be far more data than is currently being collected, but it would be awesome to have near real-time posting of match videos for ongoing events, as well as having an archive of match videos for nearly all matches of nearly all events from 2018(19?) onward.

I'd be surprised if this hadn't been discussed by TBA developers yet, but I'd still be interested in hearing your thoughts.
  #14   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-09-2018, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CVR View Post
Would it also be possible for TBA to use this to record match videos from the livestreams? The OCR could be used to determine the start and end of a match, which could trigger a recording, even naming the file based on the match information given on the overlay.
This is basically what I'm doing for a scouting program I've been tinkering with. I record the webcast feed then use the FMS start time data to automatically cut the video at the right times. Last weekend it was way too slow so I've lowered the resolution to reduce file size and hopefully speed it up. Goal is to be able to pull match videos on Friday night during the pick list meeting.

I'm quite positive someone way more skilled on here could figure out a more efficient way to do this.
  #15   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-09-2018, 11:14 AM
Programming Mentor
AKA: Brian Rozmierski
FRC #5881 (TVHS Dragons)

bdaroz has a reputation beyond reputebdaroz has a reputation beyond reputebdaroz has a reputation beyond reputebdaroz has a reputation beyond reputebdaroz has a reputation beyond reputebdaroz has a reputation beyond reputebdaroz has a reputation beyond reputebdaroz has a reputation beyond reputebdaroz has a reputation beyond reputebdaroz has a reputation beyond reputebdaroz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CVR View Post
The problem is one of copyright. TBA doesn't own the copyright of the video, the person/group that recorded it does. If your team records match video and wants to post it, go right ahead, however ripping and splitting FIRST Webcast Unit video would be a no no, unless you had explicit permission.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: