Go to Post we were sick and tired of compromises: "speed or torque", "traction or maneuverability", etc.; bump that, we want it all. all we had to compromise was simplicity. - RogerR [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > General Forum
CD-Media   CD-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-13-2018, 11:29 AM
Chief of FUN
no team (First Updates Now)

Rookie Year: 2001
Tyler Olds has a reputation beyond reputeTyler Olds has a reputation beyond reputeTyler Olds has a reputation beyond reputeTyler Olds has a reputation beyond reputeTyler Olds has a reputation beyond reputeTyler Olds has a reputation beyond reputeTyler Olds has a reputation beyond reputeTyler Olds has a reputation beyond reputeTyler Olds has a reputation beyond reputeTyler Olds has a reputation beyond reputeTyler Olds has a reputation beyond repute
Fast Pass to Robot Inspections 2/13 8:30pm ET

Join FUN tonight at 8:30pm ET as Lead Robot Inspector Howard will give tips on how to make your inspection process go fast and smooth! Live trivia too with a chance to win a set of BattHawk's from Team 1720 The PhyXTGears!

Watch Live: https://www.twitch.tv/firstupdatesnow

Archive: https://youtu.be/_4CMMo32_pQ

If you have inspection questions feel free to post in here or tag @firstupdatesnow during the show.
CD Moderator

Last edited by Tyler Olds : 02-16-2018 at 10:02 AM. Reason: Added Archive
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-13-2018, 12:04 PM
Ramping Up for Central New York
FRC #2791 (Shaker Robotics)
Team Role: College Student

Rookie Year: 2012
Brian Maher has a reputation beyond reputeBrian Maher has a reputation beyond reputeBrian Maher has a reputation beyond reputeBrian Maher has a reputation beyond reputeBrian Maher has a reputation beyond reputeBrian Maher has a reputation beyond reputeBrian Maher has a reputation beyond reputeBrian Maher has a reputation beyond reputeBrian Maher has a reputation beyond reputeBrian Maher has a reputation beyond reputeBrian Maher has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Fast Pass to Robot Inspections 2/13 8:30pm ET

Neat
2016: Tech Valley SF (5236, 2791, 3624) and Quality, Finger Lakes SF (5254, 2791, 2383), Battlecry Winner (195, 2791, 501), Robot Rumble Winner (2791, 195, 6463)

2012-2015, Student, FRC 1257 - Parallel Universe
2015: Mount Olive QF (1257, 1923, 1811) and Safety Award, North Brunswick Finalist (11, 193, 1257) and Team Spirit and Safety Awards
2014: Clifton Winner (1626, 869, 1257), MAR CMP QF (1257, 293, 303)
2013: TCNJ Safety Award
2012: Mount Olive QF (204, 303, 1257)

FF - Questionable Decisionmakers: 2017 SLFF Regular Season Champions (Elgin Clock Award), SLFF Championship Winners, and Fantasy FIM Finalists
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-13-2018, 02:30 PM
On to my 17th year in FRC
FRC #0696 (Circuit Breakers)
Team Role: Teacher

Rookie Year: 2002
sanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond repute

Can this be required viewing for inspectors? We've been ready for it to go fast and smooth for years, yet it always seems to take forever because they want to strike up a conversation with the students. Check the boxes, then chat later.
Student Mechanical Leader and Driver, Team 696 Circuit Breakers, 2002-2004
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-13-2018, 02:36 PM
Shooters are cool ig
AKA: Mikal Dieatrick
no team (N/A)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2014
MikLast has a reputation beyond reputeMikLast has a reputation beyond reputeMikLast has a reputation beyond reputeMikLast has a reputation beyond reputeMikLast has a reputation beyond reputeMikLast has a reputation beyond reputeMikLast has a reputation beyond reputeMikLast has a reputation beyond reputeMikLast has a reputation beyond reputeMikLast has a reputation beyond reputeMikLast has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanddrag View Post
Can this be required viewing for inspectors? We've been ready for it to go fast and smooth for years, yet it always seems to take forever because they want to strike up a conversation with the students. Check the boxes, then chat later.
Inspectors have been able to chat and inspect in a timely manner. Makes it a lot easier too for the students if theyre new and nervous to competition. Really helped me my first year on pit crew to have a friendly inspector making jokes with us and laughing along.

This isint to say that they should take up too much time with it. If its getting forever with it yeah it needs to be toned back, but going up to a bunch of nervous rookies overly stern and barking orders is just going to scare them.

Join the FRC Discord!
FRC4513 (Circuit Breakers)
*Student: 2014-2017
*Drive Coach: 2016-2017
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-16-2018, 08:00 AM
Developing tomorrow's best people
AKA: Alex Tannahill
no team

Rookie Year: 2008
ATannahill has a reputation beyond reputeATannahill has a reputation beyond reputeATannahill has a reputation beyond reputeATannahill has a reputation beyond reputeATannahill has a reputation beyond reputeATannahill has a reputation beyond reputeATannahill has a reputation beyond reputeATannahill has a reputation beyond reputeATannahill has a reputation beyond reputeATannahill has a reputation beyond reputeATannahill has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you to Howard and FUN for putting on this resource.

I believe at 16 minutes into the broadcast Howard mistaken answers an question wrong. He said for CAW, KOP items for this year only count. This is the opposite of what Q&A 209 said.

I apologize if this was corrected later in the show, I wanted to get this typed up before I lost the point of the show or got distracted by something else.

I base my answers off of the game manual, Q&A responses and field tour videos at the time of my post. Rules will probably be modified or clarified between this post and your competition. My post means nothing to event officials. Please keep up with team manual updates and the FRC Q&A.
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-16-2018, 09:41 AM
Chief of FUN
no team (First Updates Now)

Rookie Year: 2001
Tyler Olds has a reputation beyond reputeTyler Olds has a reputation beyond reputeTyler Olds has a reputation beyond reputeTyler Olds has a reputation beyond reputeTyler Olds has a reputation beyond reputeTyler Olds has a reputation beyond reputeTyler Olds has a reputation beyond reputeTyler Olds has a reputation beyond reputeTyler Olds has a reputation beyond reputeTyler Olds has a reputation beyond reputeTyler Olds has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATannahill View Post

I believe at 16 minutes into the broadcast Howard mistaken answers an question wrong. He said for CAW, KOP items for this year only count. This is the opposite of what Q&A 209 said.

I apologize if this was corrected later in the show, I wanted to get this typed up before I lost the point of the show or got distracted by something else.
Not sure if it gets corrected but just as a note that Howard was put on the spot by both myself and from questions from the live audience that were completely unscripted and without forward knowledge. Howard was a champ answering as many questions as possible but mistakes may happen. Just as he said, always consult the Q&A and rules.

I would highly encourage that you to show any segment from this video, especially out of context to an inspector when arguing a point at competition. Not because it will be effective but it should bring a good laugh and I'll take the free publicity .
CD Moderator
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-16-2018, 09:50 AM
Discerning and exacting individual
FRC #0900 (The Zebracorns)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2003
marshall has a reputation beyond reputemarshall has a reputation beyond reputemarshall has a reputation beyond reputemarshall has a reputation beyond reputemarshall has a reputation beyond reputemarshall has a reputation beyond reputemarshall has a reputation beyond reputemarshall has a reputation beyond reputemarshall has a reputation beyond reputemarshall has a reputation beyond reputemarshall has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATannahill View Post

One of my students caught this too. I shot an email to Howard about it and he corrected himself in the email. He borrowed 900's CAW for his presentation - he and I have been chatting a bit.

I haven't had time to watch it but a big thank you to him for doing this. It takes a lot to get in front of this crowd and answer questions live on the spot.
Clarke's Laws

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: