Go to Post FIRST is our Hunger Games. May the odds be ever in your favor. - GeorgeM [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Technical > Kit & Additional Hardware
CD-Media   CD-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Closed Thread
  #1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-05-2003, 01:26 PM
BSEE, MSEE, JD
AKA: employed
no team
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2000
Stephen Kowski has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Kowski has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Kowski has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Kowski has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Kowski has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Kowski has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Kowski has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Kowski has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Kowski has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Kowski has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Kowski has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Stephen Kowski
missing kit parts

We are missing both double cyliinoids, optical sensors, quarter-inch air tubing, and all the quarter inch air tubing connectors.

Is anyone else missing these parts, or is it just us?
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-05-2003, 02:14 PM
\: |
no team

Rookie Year: 2001
FotoPlasma has a reputation beyond reputeFotoPlasma has a reputation beyond reputeFotoPlasma has a reputation beyond reputeFotoPlasma has a reputation beyond reputeFotoPlasma has a reputation beyond reputeFotoPlasma has a reputation beyond reputeFotoPlasma has a reputation beyond reputeFotoPlasma has a reputation beyond reputeFotoPlasma has a reputation beyond reputeFotoPlasma has a reputation beyond reputeFotoPlasma has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to FotoPlasma
We're missing them, as well. Along with a few other things.

"Solenoids" are what you're referring to. Honest mistake. I don't mean to sound like a jackass.

2001-2004: Team 258, The Sea Dawgs
2005: Team 1693, The Robo Lobos
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-05-2003, 02:17 PM

Andrew is a name known to allAndrew is a name known to allAndrew is a name known to allAndrew is a name known to allAndrew is a name known to allAndrew is a name known to all
I thought the optical sensors came with the EDU robotics kit. I can't remember seeing them there but I have to go to the lab to check, which won't happen til tomorrow.

We're missing a hole bunch of pneumatic stuff, all the SMC stuff. I thought that I heard that SMC pulled out and there would be an alternative supplier.

Andrew
Team 356
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-05-2003, 02:19 PM
BSEE, MSEE, JD
AKA: employed
no team
Team Role: Alumni

Stephen Kowski has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Kowski has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Kowski has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Kowski has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Kowski has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Kowski has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Kowski has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Kowski has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Kowski has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Kowski has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Kowski has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Stephen Kowski
Quote:
Originally posted by FotoPlasma
I don't mean to sound like a jackass.
You don't. I was told what it was over the phone so I had no idea how to spell it
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-05-2003, 03:29 PM
AKA: Brian Graham
FRC #0862 (Lightning Robotics)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2002
Not2B has a reputation beyond reputeNot2B has a reputation beyond reputeNot2B has a reputation beyond reputeNot2B has a reputation beyond reputeNot2B has a reputation beyond reputeNot2B has a reputation beyond reputeNot2B has a reputation beyond reputeNot2B has a reputation beyond reputeNot2B has a reputation beyond reputeNot2B has a reputation beyond reputeNot2B has a reputation beyond repute
Whew... so we aren't the only ones with LOTS of stuff missing.

By the way, did anyone get EXTRA stuff in the kits?
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-05-2003, 03:30 PM
Boom, Shawalala Boom!
#0862 (PCEP Lighting)

Trashed20 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Trashed20
we are missing our whole pnumatics bag
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-05-2003, 03:47 PM
Roboticsrob
FTC #10092 (Green.Griffins;)

Rob Colatutto is a splendid one to beholdRob Colatutto is a splendid one to beholdRob Colatutto is a splendid one to beholdRob Colatutto is a splendid one to beholdRob Colatutto is a splendid one to beholdRob Colatutto is a splendid one to beholdRob Colatutto is a splendid one to behold
so are we, and our sensors...and our catalogs, no big book. whats with this?
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-05-2003, 04:15 PM
Team Leader
FRC #0033 (Killer Bees)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 1997
Jim Zondag has a reputation beyond reputeJim Zondag has a reputation beyond reputeJim Zondag has a reputation beyond reputeJim Zondag has a reputation beyond reputeJim Zondag has a reputation beyond reputeJim Zondag has a reputation beyond reputeJim Zondag has a reputation beyond reputeJim Zondag has a reputation beyond reputeJim Zondag has a reputation beyond reputeJim Zondag has a reputation beyond reputeJim Zondag has a reputation beyond repute
Router Fence

At the Novi Kickoff, My team got what appears to be a router table fence in a long cardboard box. I seriously doubt that this is what we should have gotten. We do not appear to have the 2" x 4" x 36" aluminum extrusions and some of the shafts listed in the kit BOM. Did anyone else in Novi get this same thing?
  #9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-05-2003, 04:17 PM
Robo Nazzi
AKA: Adria Hogan
FRC #1033 (Holy Rollers)
Team Role: Coach

Rookie Year: 2003
Benedictine1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy

Yes- we are missing the same items too. We are rookies and glad to see that others are missing their parts too. Do we wait until Tues when we hear from FIRST?
  #10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-05-2003, 04:19 PM
\: |
no team

FotoPlasma has a reputation beyond reputeFotoPlasma has a reputation beyond reputeFotoPlasma has a reputation beyond reputeFotoPlasma has a reputation beyond reputeFotoPlasma has a reputation beyond reputeFotoPlasma has a reputation beyond reputeFotoPlasma has a reputation beyond reputeFotoPlasma has a reputation beyond reputeFotoPlasma has a reputation beyond reputeFotoPlasma has a reputation beyond reputeFotoPlasma has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to FotoPlasma
Quote:
Originally posted by Andrew
I thought the optical sensors came with the EDU robotics kit. I can't remember seeing them there but I have to go to the lab to check, which won't happen til tomorrow.
Andrew
Team 356
The optical sensors come in a yellow (manilla?) shipping envelope, in the same box as the software and MSC's "Big Book" catalog, I believe.

These boxes were not handed out at the San Jose Kickoff, and were shipped to teams.

Quote:
Originally posted by Benedictine1
Yes- we are missing the same items too. We are rookies and glad to see that others are missing their parts too. Do we wait until Tues when we hear from FIRST?
If I recall correctly, this is pretty commonplace with FIRST. Not to knock them, or anything, but it's true. It's not easy to manage the collection and redistribution of hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of dollars worth of equipment to more than 800 different locations throughout North and South America (and part of Europe, is it?).

Patience is key, but I have to admit that I was very worried about all of our missing 40 Amp self-resetting breakers, until I got a reply and clarification from Dave Lavery, himself.

2001-2004: Team 258, The Sea Dawgs
2005: Team 1693, The Robo Lobos

Last edited by FotoPlasma : 01-05-2003 at 04:24 PM.
  #11   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-05-2003, 04:38 PM
None #0612

Rookie Year: 2002
jskene is a splendid one to beholdjskene is a splendid one to beholdjskene is a splendid one to beholdjskene is a splendid one to beholdjskene is a splendid one to beholdjskene is a splendid one to beholdjskene is a splendid one to behold
We are missing the same pneumatic stuff as everyone else, plus:
- Yaw rate sensor connector
- all software, including DVD of animations
- operator interface
- joystick controller
-operator radio modem
- connectors - 25 pin plus shield
- retroreflective tape
- 120 psi relief valve

Anyone else missing this?
  #12   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-05-2003, 04:44 PM
Don't Panic
AKA: Xiao-Yu Fu
FRC #0481 (The Hitchhikers)
Team Role: College Student

Winged Globe is a glorious beacon of lightWinged Globe is a glorious beacon of lightWinged Globe is a glorious beacon of lightWinged Globe is a glorious beacon of lightWinged Globe is a glorious beacon of lightWinged Globe is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Winged Globe
Quote:
Originally posted by jskene
We are missing the same pneumatic stuff as everyone else, plus:
- Yaw rate sensor connector
- all software, including DVD of animations
- operator interface
- joystick controller
-operator radio modem
- connectors - 25 pin plus shield
- retroreflective tape
- 120 psi relief valve

Anyone else missing this?
Most of this i can't comment on, but the OI, OI modem, and the joysticks came with the Edubot.
  #13   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-05-2003, 05:08 PM
Someone find me a FIRST team
AKA: Adriana
#1077 (was: All Stars)

BBFIRSTCHICK is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to BBFIRSTCHICK
wow.....seems 1077 is having the same problem as a lot of other people are we are missing the pneumatics stuff and a lot of other things!

Team 1077 "All Stars": 2002-????
Semi-Finalist, Peachtree Regional 2003 (507 and 356 Rock!)

Last edited by BBFIRSTCHICK : 01-05-2003 at 05:53 PM.
  #14   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-05-2003, 05:47 PM
FRC #1075 (Sinclair Sprockets)

Greg is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Greg Send a message via MSN to Greg
We are missing a lot of parts too, including optical sensors and tubing for pneumatics, and other stuff that I can't remember right now. I wonder if all teams who attended the kick-off in Toronto are missing them, or if there was another box that we did not pick up. To all teams that have all the parts: how many boxes do you have?

We don't have an OI and joysticks either. Does this mean we have to use the ones from the EDURobotics kit?

To those who saw the EDURobotics competition in Toronto: WE are the team that dumped balls into their own goal I know this was stupid, but then we are a rookie team And they could have gone over the rules in more detail. At least I was not driving
  #15   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-05-2003, 05:52 PM
'The' drive behind the drive
None #0226 (TEC CReW Hammerheads)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 1999
Matt Reiland has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Reiland has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Reiland has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Reiland has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Reiland has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Reiland has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Reiland has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Reiland has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Reiland has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Reiland has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Reiland has a reputation beyond repute
Your EDU robot should have came with a slip of paper stating that the operator interface was to be used for the main robot.

There should have been 2 plastic crates, 1 cardboard box, and your manual from the kickoff.

The optical sensors are shipped with the Big Boog from MSC, and the software Visual Studio, and file maker pro
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: