OCCRA
Go to Post I've come to believe that the current alliance selection system is just like democracy. It's the worst system possible, aside from all the other ones. - DampRobot [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Competition > Championship Event
CD-Media  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Closed Thread
  #1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-27-2002, 05:50 PM
Unsung FIRST Hero
FRC Key Volunteer Trainer
AKA: CrazyNate
no team

Rookie Year: 1998
Nate Smith is a splendid one to beholdNate Smith is a splendid one to beholdNate Smith is a splendid one to beholdNate Smith is a splendid one to beholdNate Smith is a splendid one to beholdNate Smith is a splendid one to beholdNate Smith is a splendid one to beholdNate Smith is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Nate Smith Send a message via Yahoo to Nate Smith
BIG!!! Championship Location in Question

Look at FIRST's event listing page...
http://www.usfirst.org/frc/public/FM...s.htm&-findany

Enough said...
returning for 2011? only time will tell...
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-27-2002, 06:00 PM
A Legacy of Impact
FRC #0234 (Cyber Blue)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 1999
David Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to David Kelly Send a message via Yahoo to David Kelly
holy cow, i did hear last night from a very reliable source that Disney was raising the prices of the already rediculious packages that they try to make every team purchase. maybe FIRST has finally decided to dump disney and go with a more financially suitable venue. i think this is could be a positive. we'll just have to wait and see.

2010 Boilermaker Regional

Chairman's Award, Regional Finalist
2010 Kansas City Regional
Entrepreneurship Award

2010 Championships
Autodesk Inventor Award Winner
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-27-2002, 06:21 PM
AKA: Amber Hannay-Denslow
no team

Rookie Year: 2002
Amber H. will become famous soon enough
Okay, okay, I'll spill the beans.

The championshps are being held in my barn as soon as certain Members of teams 151 and 237 get up here and take out all of the old tools and metal junk they want.

Accomodation will be B.Y.O.T. (Bring your own tent). Teams will be assigned camping areas devided evenly over the ten acre wooded area.

Please! no defecating in the stream!

Oh yeah, bring lots of bug repellant.

<===============================>
This message brought to you by the coalition to make the Mosquito the New Hampshire state bird. (Dang, they're big out here!)

Opera Company, SUU.
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-27-2002, 06:26 PM
Volunteer for hire
no team

Rookie Year: 2001
Aaron Lussier is a splendid one to beholdAaron Lussier is a splendid one to beholdAaron Lussier is a splendid one to beholdAaron Lussier is a splendid one to beholdAaron Lussier is a splendid one to beholdAaron Lussier is a splendid one to beholdAaron Lussier is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by Miss Tree

The championshps are being held in my barn as soon as certain Members of teams 151 and 237 get up here and take out all of the old tools and metal junk they want.

I would but I have no idea how to get to your barn. PM your Address to me and then I'll be there with a huge trailer and take it all away.
Field Reset Extraordinaire
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-27-2002, 06:31 PM
Beach 'Bot Big Sister
#0330 (Beach 'Bot)

Amy Beth will become famous soon enoughAmy Beth will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Amy Beth Send a message via Yahoo to Amy Beth
Eeep! Could it really be the end of the FIRST/Epcot love affair? Dare we hope...? Not like it matters to me. Only way i'll end up at nats this year is if they decide to have them at Disneyland instead.

http://wandasdream.tripod.com
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-27-2002, 06:39 PM
no team (Az Regional Planning Committee)

Rookie Year: 1998
Don Knight is just really niceDon Knight is just really niceDon Knight is just really niceDon Knight is just really niceDon Knight is just really nice
Unhappy

Nate,

Thanks for that update..... to bad it's not good news. As a team that has to travel across the nation to get to Florida we were hoping for a date today, not a possible relocation, so we could make travel arrangements.

With offical sign ups for your 1st regional and the championship event starting Tuesday (thats four days from now)hopefully it will be resolved soon.

Its hard to get the school district to approve taking students to an undisclosed location, at a undecided date.

Will be watching all weekend for updates.....
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-27-2002, 07:03 PM
Roboticsrob
FTC #10092 (Green.Griffins;)

Rob Colatutto is a splendid one to beholdRob Colatutto is a splendid one to beholdRob Colatutto is a splendid one to beholdRob Colatutto is a splendid one to beholdRob Colatutto is a splendid one to beholdRob Colatutto is a splendid one to beholdRob Colatutto is a splendid one to behold
....they put the nyc regional back same weekend as the long island....why, why...
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-27-2002, 07:21 PM
no team
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2000
Clark Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeClark Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeClark Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeClark Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeClark Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeClark Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeClark Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeClark Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeClark Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeClark Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeClark Gilbert has a reputation beyond repute
at least FIRST still has the championship listed as being in the USA.....thats a good sign
  #9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-27-2002, 09:19 PM
El Jefe de 148
AKA: Midwest Refugee
FRC #0148 (Robowranglers)
Team Role: Engineer

Jeff Waegelin has a reputation beyond reputeJeff Waegelin has a reputation beyond reputeJeff Waegelin has a reputation beyond reputeJeff Waegelin has a reputation beyond reputeJeff Waegelin has a reputation beyond reputeJeff Waegelin has a reputation beyond reputeJeff Waegelin has a reputation beyond reputeJeff Waegelin has a reputation beyond reputeJeff Waegelin has a reputation beyond reputeJeff Waegelin has a reputation beyond reputeJeff Waegelin has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Clark Gilbert
at least FIRST still has the championship listed as being in the USA.....thats a good sign
Well, that eliminates Dean's island, then.
  #10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-27-2002, 09:27 PM
Dancing through life...
FRC #0488 (Xbot)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 1999
Madison has a reputation beyond reputeMadison has a reputation beyond reputeMadison has a reputation beyond reputeMadison has a reputation beyond reputeMadison has a reputation beyond reputeMadison has a reputation beyond reputeMadison has a reputation beyond reputeMadison has a reputation beyond reputeMadison has a reputation beyond reputeMadison has a reputation beyond reputeMadison has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Miss Tree

Please! no defecating in the stream!

Ewwwwwww.

Maybe they're moving us to the Magic Kingdom?

I'd be really surprised if things with Disney went south (rimshot?), but it's not outside the realm of possibility. Is Greg Hale working between Disney and FIRST still, or was he 'promoted' out of that position?

In the end, though, I think losing Disney wouldn't be a very good thing for FIRST, at all, ever. Yes, I'm biased, but that's not why I'm saying that.

I hope things get worked out. If they want to raise the prices of the package, that's okay, I guess, but maybe they can make other provisions that'll allow for flexibility in team travel arrangements.

...down at the Ozdust!

Like a grand and miraculous spaceship, our planet has sailed through the universe of time. And for a brief moment, we have been among its many passengers.
  #11   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-27-2002, 09:51 PM
Soudeska?

Chris Nowak is an unknown quantity at this point
Holy cow, thats crazy. I hope they find some other place to do it which is just as entertaining though. Although it being held in some isolated place would eliminate the motivation for students to work just for the trip, it just wouldn't be fun. Aside from that, where could it possibly be held? I'm at a loss for ideas besides Disney Land. I mean, theres really no place else in the us that could be equivalent to Disney World. It's Disney World!

@!#@!#@!#@!#....If they're going to raise the price of the package that really sucks for us with budget cuts and all....

Team 74 - Top Seeded Team in Galileo Division
  #12   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-27-2002, 10:53 PM
Now at sub 14's in a 5000lb vehicle
AKA: Maher Attallah
FRC #0005 (Robocards)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2000
Matt Attallah has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Attallah has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Attallah has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Attallah has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Attallah has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Attallah has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Attallah has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Attallah has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Attallah has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Attallah has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Attallah has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Matt Attallah Send a message via MSN to Matt Attallah Send a message via Yahoo to Matt Attallah
Mabye in Miami? There is no city...or state for that matter! Mabye it will be in Michigan!! YEA!...

I gotta stop dreaming....
  #13   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-28-2002, 10:26 AM
AKA: Amber Hannay-Denslow
no team

Rookie Year: 2002
Amber H. will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally posted by Michael Krass

Ewwwwwww.

Maybe they're moving us to the Magic Kingdom?

I'd be really surprised if things with Disney went south (rimshot?), but it's not outside the realm of possibility. Is Greg Hale working between Disney and FIRST still, or was he 'promoted' out of that position?

In the end, though, I think losing Disney wouldn't be a very good thing for FIRST, at all, ever. Yes, I'm biased, but that's not why I'm saying that.

I hope things get worked out. If they want to raise the prices of the package, that's okay, I guess, but maybe they can make other provisions that'll allow for flexibility in team travel arrangements.

The Magic Kingdom? They're having it at Dean's house?

Opera Company, SUU.
  #14   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-28-2002, 03:54 PM
Roboticsrob
FTC #10092 (Green.Griffins;)

Rob Colatutto is a splendid one to beholdRob Colatutto is a splendid one to beholdRob Colatutto is a splendid one to beholdRob Colatutto is a splendid one to beholdRob Colatutto is a splendid one to beholdRob Colatutto is a splendid one to beholdRob Colatutto is a splendid one to behold
maybe they are gonna move it to disney in ca, that would be pretty cool
  #15   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-28-2002, 04:05 PM
D.J. Fluck

Quote:
Originally posted by Nataku
maybe they are gonna move it to disney in ca, that would be pretty cool
Ive been told multiple times that Disneyland in California does not have the capacity to hold that many people and they dont have a venue that was as good as epcot...

Time to revive the alternate championship location thread??
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: