OCCRA
Go to Post quick everyone find everything in the whole world that sells for $125 so we can get an edge on our building 2 days before kick off.....ready...go! - Greg Needel [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Technical > IT / Communications > Website Design/Showcase
CD-Media   CD-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Closed Thread
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
  #1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-06-2004, 09:30 PM
no team
Team Role: Alumni

Randy will become famous soon enough
Sponsored web hosting for FIRST teams

Hello,

On behalf of Sevaa Group (http://www.sevaa.com) and team 1002, The Circuitrunners (http://www.circuitrunners.com), I am pleased to offer free web hosting to any FIRST team in need of it. Below are the steps to get your free hosting account.

1) Go to http://www.sevaa.com/order.php
2) Choose any plan; keep in mind that you will not be charged for overages.
3) Select 2checkout as the payment processor. If you can only pay (for the domain) via PayPal, please email promo@sevaa.com
4) When entering your name, also put your team number in parenthesis.
5) Enter "chiefdelphi" as the promo code

A couple things to note:
  • If you choose to have your domain registered, there will be a $9.95 charge. If you?re short on cash, the circuitrunners can give you a sub domain (i.e. http://myteam.circuitrunners.com) free of charge
  • If your site is extremely resource intensive (i.e. a busy forum), you will be asked to contribute in some way. Most sites won?t be very resource intensive.
  • Any linkage back to Sevaa (http://www.sevaa.com ) would be greatly appreciated. If you?d like to start a banner campaign, please let them know via http://helpdesk.sevaa.com. Any mention of the circuitrunners team would also greatly be appreciated.
  • Sevaa Group is an established hosting company (first licensed in 2001). They have servers in PA, and TX, for a speed test, please use http://soap.circuitrunners.com/uumap.tar.Z
  • If you are found to be hosting non-FIRST sites, your account will subject to termination.
  • All sites must adhere to the Sevaa TOS

If you have any questions, please post them here or submit a ticket in the Sevaa helpdesk located at http://helpdesk.sevaa.com

Thank you,
-Randy

Last edited by Randy : 02-06-2004 at 10:04 PM.
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-06-2004, 10:03 PM
FRC #0254 (The Cheesy Poofs)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2003
Tom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond reputeTom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond reputeTom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond reputeTom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond reputeTom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond reputeTom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond reputeTom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond reputeTom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond reputeTom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond reputeTom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond reputeTom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sponsored web hosting for FIRST teams

wow, thanks alot for this service! i've been looking around for some free kind of hosting for a non-profit orginazation, but this is the best i've seen. I have one question tho. I signed up for the hosting, but i didnt buy the domain(i dont have a credit card) I am waiting for my advisor to buy the domain for the site, but i figured i would sign up now so i can start uploading files sooner. Is there any way I can but the domain at a later timer and have it linked to my account, or if you could sign me up for the domain and would just be in "debt"?

Thanks alot - tom
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-06-2004, 10:13 PM
no team

Hey Tom,

I pushed your account through to creation. When you are able to purchase the domain, you can submit payment via 2checkout.

Thanks,
-Randy
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-18-2004, 02:39 PM
#1049 (Archangel Robotics)

blueWarrior will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to blueWarrior Send a message via AIM to blueWarrior Send a message via Yahoo to blueWarrior

Just a reminder that openFIRST and FSN *do* offer free PHP hosting with and without openFIRST software. Just visit http://www.firstscouting.org and get in touch with one of the staff members and they will setup a free account as well.

Enjoy.

Click here for AngelNet
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-14-2004, 03:38 AM
AKA: Grant Harding
#0084 (WATTNESS (bot: Chuck))

evulish is just really niceevulish is just really niceevulish is just really niceevulish is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to evulish

Also, www.lehost.net is also gracious enough to offer free hosting/domains to the first 3 FIRST teams that reach him. You can either PM me and I can get you in touch, or email pierreb@lehost.net to get more information.
I'm a professional web developer. I'm good with PHP, Perl, Java/JSP, some RoR, XML, Javascript (AJAX as well), (x)HTML, CSS, etc.. Validated code is good; fully cross-browser code is better (you comply to your users and the software they use, not the other way around. Sorry!)

Last edited by evulish : 06-14-2004 at 03:44 AM.
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-30-2004, 12:02 PM
Gary Dillard's Avatar Unsung FIRST Hero
Generator of Entropy
AKA: you know, the old bald guy
FRC #2973 (The Mad Rockers)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 1998
Gary Dillard has a reputation beyond reputeGary Dillard has a reputation beyond reputeGary Dillard has a reputation beyond reputeGary Dillard has a reputation beyond reputeGary Dillard has a reputation beyond reputeGary Dillard has a reputation beyond reputeGary Dillard has a reputation beyond reputeGary Dillard has a reputation beyond reputeGary Dillard has a reputation beyond reputeGary Dillard has a reputation beyond reputeGary Dillard has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Gary Dillard

Team SPAM is using the Sevaa server and will be online shortly - thanks for the heads up Randy.

A couple questions:

In addition to spamrobotics.com, we have spamrobotics.net as a registered domain. Is it allowable to link it to the .com account on sevaa somehow? (it's not a separate website, just a different domain name).

Apparently all the uploads have to go through the administrator id - how do other teams handle multiple people making updates through php backend without giving out the administrator password to everyone?

As we start using up storage space, how should we ask for more? We want to be gracious guests but we hope to really build up the website and I'd like the students to have an idea of what's available and what we might expect to pay for additional resources so they can decide.

The help desk has been a great help while we're getting started. Thanks.
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-30-2004, 02:38 PM
no team

Hey Gary,

To get the domain pointer (spamrobotics.net) setup or to request more disk space, just submit a ticket in the helpdesk.

If you have different people in charge of different sections of web site, you can fool with permissions and setup sym links so that not everyone needs to use the same password. Hopefully though you'd trust anyone puting data on the site with the admin password.

Thanks,
-Randy
  • Video Hosting
Email promo@sevaa.com or click here for details.
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-22-2004, 12:44 PM
Web Design/Software & Computer Tech
AKA: Bryce D. Carlson
#0648 (QC Elite)
Team Role: College Student

Rookie Year: 2001
Rez648 will become famous soon enoughRez648 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Rez648

This is just the thing that we have been looking for! We were booted off of our server (they were probably doing some cleaning and deleted all our stuff...not like we were using their server with permission, anyway..) and I will have to talk to my team and my protege (since I became a mentor this year, I had to give up my title of "Webmaster") about this. If we can't get another server, I will recommend using this.
-2005 Midwest Xerox Creativity

"For I dipt into the future, far as human eye could see; Saw the Vision of the World, and all the wonder that would be..." -Alfred Tennyson

Mac OSX v10.3 Panther is the god of all OS's!
  #9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-22-2004, 03:48 PM
Wayne C.'s Avatar Unsung FIRST Hero
hey- I think we did pretty good?
FRC #0025 (Raider Robotix)

Rookie Year: 1997
Wayne C. has a reputation beyond reputeWayne C. has a reputation beyond reputeWayne C. has a reputation beyond reputeWayne C. has a reputation beyond reputeWayne C. has a reputation beyond reputeWayne C. has a reputation beyond reputeWayne C. has a reputation beyond reputeWayne C. has a reputation beyond reputeWayne C. has a reputation beyond reputeWayne C. has a reputation beyond reputeWayne C. has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks-

after a mixup with Yahoo your service really helped out.

WC

Raider Robotix- www.raiderrobotix.org
  #10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-26-2004, 09:59 PM
Programming and Electrical Mentor
AKA: Allen Gregory
FRC #2587 (Afrobots)
Team Role: Mentor

CyberWolf_22 is just really niceCyberWolf_22 is just really niceCyberWolf_22 is just really niceCyberWolf_22 is just really nice

Thank you very much for getting this great resource for FIRST teams. My team has been looking for a cheap reliable web host and we cannot get any cheaper then free when funds are tight.
  #11   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-12-2004, 08:10 PM

Majorchaoz is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi im wondering if sevvaa could start up our website and we could pay back the money asap. our website right now is whrhsrobotics.cx.la
  #12   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-12-2004, 09:01 PM
FRC Advocate
no team (FiM Volunteer)

Alex Golec has a reputation beyond reputeAlex Golec has a reputation beyond reputeAlex Golec has a reputation beyond reputeAlex Golec has a reputation beyond reputeAlex Golec has a reputation beyond reputeAlex Golec has a reputation beyond reputeAlex Golec has a reputation beyond reputeAlex Golec has a reputation beyond reputeAlex Golec has a reputation beyond reputeAlex Golec has a reputation beyond reputeAlex Golec has a reputation beyond repute

This is very gracious of the Sevaa group and will help many teams out. As far as I know, my team has been able to recover the scraps of our old website and repatched them together. All we need now is a server, and Sevaa might be our answer. Thank you very much.
_Alex
  #13   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-19-2004, 02:20 AM
no team

Hello Majorchaoz,

I'm not really sure what you're trying to say. But to acquire a sponsored hosting account simply follow the instructions at the top of this page.

Thanks,
-Randy
  • Video Hosting
  #14   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-30-2004, 09:50 AM
justin
#0858 (Delphi Demons)

lt744 is an unknown quantity at this point

is this one set fee or per month or year
  #15   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-30-2004, 02:46 PM
no team

lt744,

The hosting account itself is free. You only pay if you need Sevaa to register a domain for you. That registration fee registers the domain for 1 year, and renewals are the same price.

-Randy
  • Video Hosting
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: