OCCRA
Go to Post This is what I love about FIRST everyone helps and asks why later. - Kyle [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > General Forum
CD-Media  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 126 votes, 4.83 average. Display Modes
  #1846   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-04-2009, 11:22 AM
Steel is love. Steel is life.
AKA: Kara Bakowski
FRC #0341 (Miss Daisy)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2008
Karibou has a reputation beyond reputeKaribou has a reputation beyond reputeKaribou has a reputation beyond reputeKaribou has a reputation beyond reputeKaribou has a reputation beyond reputeKaribou has a reputation beyond reputeKaribou has a reputation beyond reputeKaribou has a reputation beyond reputeKaribou has a reputation beyond reputeKaribou has a reputation beyond reputeKaribou has a reputation beyond repute
Re: You know you've overdosed on FIRST when...

-You get a Thunderchickens shirt for your birthday (needless to say, I screamed and jumped and freaked out when I opened the box with it inside XD)
-The shoes that you get have blue and yellow accents on them, and you immediately begin to think of teams whose colors those are.
FRC 341 (2016-present): Mechanical/build mentor
Volunteer (2010-present): Ramp Riot '18, Brunswick Eruption '18, MAR Springside-Chestnut Hill '16 '18, MAR Hatboro-Horsham B '18, Brunswick Eruption '16 '17, Ramp Riot '15 '16 '17, MidKnight Mayhem '13 '15 '16 '17 '18, MAR Seneca '17, FTC Hat Tricks Qualifier '16, MAR Montgomery '16, MAR Westtown '16 Portcullis Victim, FiM Escanaba District '14 '15, FiM Detroit District '13, IRI '10 '12, FiM Waterford District '11 '12, MARC '12, CMP Galileo '11
FRC 1189 (2008-2011): Team Captain, Pit Crew, Website group leader, Team Education group leader, Proud Alum. We've got spirit, yes we do...

WMWBS '10 '11
  #1847   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-04-2009, 11:24 AM
Team 461 Electrician and Operator
AKA: Will Crabtree
FRC #0461 (Westside Boiler Invasion)
Team Role: Electrical

Rookie Year: 2006
youngWilliam14 has much to be proud ofyoungWilliam14 has much to be proud ofyoungWilliam14 has much to be proud ofyoungWilliam14 has much to be proud ofyoungWilliam14 has much to be proud ofyoungWilliam14 has much to be proud ofyoungWilliam14 has much to be proud ofyoungWilliam14 has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to youngWilliam14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karibou View Post
-The shoes that you get have blue and yellow accents on them, and you immediately begin to think of teams whose colors those are.
you buy a pair of gold and black shoes, as well as a pair of tye dye chucks

"C.N.C." lyrics/"Driving on Regolith" lyrics
Let's all go nuts! Robots! Robots!--Team 461 chant
  #1848   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-06-2009, 06:15 PM
Cogito ergo arbitro
no team

Rookie Year: 2000
GaryVoshol has a reputation beyond reputeGaryVoshol has a reputation beyond reputeGaryVoshol has a reputation beyond reputeGaryVoshol has a reputation beyond reputeGaryVoshol has a reputation beyond reputeGaryVoshol has a reputation beyond reputeGaryVoshol has a reputation beyond reputeGaryVoshol has a reputation beyond reputeGaryVoshol has a reputation beyond reputeGaryVoshol has a reputation beyond reputeGaryVoshol has a reputation beyond repute

In the morning you and your wife both, without consulting each other, put on your purple ThunderQuest FLL shirts. (She changed, so we wouldn't look like we were trying to match.)

(since 2004)
  #1849   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-06-2009, 09:13 PM
Loves F.I.R.S.T.!!!!!!
FRC #1529 (CyberCards)
Team Role: Alumni

Carlee10 is a splendid one to beholdCarlee10 is a splendid one to beholdCarlee10 is a splendid one to beholdCarlee10 is a splendid one to beholdCarlee10 is a splendid one to beholdCarlee10 is a splendid one to beholdCarlee10 is a splendid one to beholdCarlee10 is a splendid one to behold

When you clean your room, and you find four pairs of safety glasses.
  #1850   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-06-2009, 09:34 PM
Head Coach | Lead Mentor
FRC #5686 (Wirecats)

Akash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond repute

You get a little sad when you go and find out your can of WD40 is empty. You had so many things to spray that day.

['18-'xx]: Lead Mentor FRC 5686 (formerly FRC 1059)
['17-'17]: Mentor FRC 2170
['13-'14]: Floating Mentor FRC 11/FRC 2495
['11-'13]: Founding Mentor FRC 3929 - 2012 World Championship Rookie Inspiration Award
['07-'10]: Student/Captain FRC 11 - MORT
  #1851   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-06-2009, 10:16 PM
on a break
AKA: Pinecone
no team (formerly FRC 3929, 228, 2791)

Chris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karibou View Post
-You get a Thunderchickens shirt for your birthday (needless to say, I screamed and jumped and freaked out when I opened the box with it inside XD)
I envy you. I SO envy you.

When you have a text file of team t-shirts you NEED to get through T-shirt exchange... and realize you have to buy 8 or 9 team shirts in order to get it all done.
Consultant: 2170 (2017)
College Mentor: 2791 (2010-15) Build Photos - 2013 WPI Finalists, 2012 BAE Finalists
Student: 1714 (2009) - 2009 MN 10K Lakes Winners
  #1852   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-07-2009, 08:12 AM

youngWilliam14 has much to be proud ofyoungWilliam14 has much to be proud ofyoungWilliam14 has much to be proud ofyoungWilliam14 has much to be proud ofyoungWilliam14 has much to be proud ofyoungWilliam14 has much to be proud ofyoungWilliam14 has much to be proud ofyoungWilliam14 has much to be proud of

when you're reluctant to let your girlfriend steal your wildstang shirt

#1853   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-07-2009, 10:09 AM
Steel is love. Steel is life.
AKA: Kara Bakowski
FRC #0341 (Miss Daisy)

Rookie Year: 2008
Karibou has a reputation beyond reputeKaribou has a reputation beyond reputeKaribou has a reputation beyond reputeKaribou has a reputation beyond reputeKaribou has a reputation beyond reputeKaribou has a reputation beyond reputeKaribou has a reputation beyond reputeKaribou has a reputation beyond reputeKaribou has a reputation beyond reputeKaribou has a reputation beyond reputeKaribou has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngWilliam14 View Post
when you're reluctant to let your girlfriend steal your wildstang shirt
Oh man, I would be reluctant to let anyone steal my (non-existent) Wildstang shirt o.O

-You spend 3 hours on AIM with someone from another team, and about 2 1/2 of those three hours are spent talking about robotics
-You proceed to wake up the next morning, and all that pops into your head is "Robotics...why am I not doing something robotics-related right now...oh. right." (I'm pretty much brain-dead in the mornings :/ )
FRC 341 (2016-present): Mechanical/build mentor
Volunteer (2010-present): Ramp Riot '18, Brunswick Eruption '18, MAR Springside-Chestnut Hill '16 '18, MAR Hatboro-Horsham B '18, Brunswick Eruption '16 '17, Ramp Riot '15 '16 '17, MidKnight Mayhem '13 '15 '16 '17 '18, MAR Seneca '17, FTC Hat Tricks Qualifier '16, MAR Montgomery '16, MAR Westtown '16 Portcullis Victim, FiM Escanaba District '14 '15, FiM Detroit District '13, IRI '10 '12, FiM Waterford District '11 '12, MARC '12, CMP Galileo '11
FRC 1189 (2008-2011): Team Captain, Pit Crew, Website group leader, Team Education group leader, Proud Alum. We've got spirit, yes we do...

WMWBS '10 '11
  #1854   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-07-2009, 11:43 AM
Precision Driver Extraordinaire
AKA: Richard Raitt
FRC #1793 (Pilots)

NorviewsVeteran has a reputation beyond reputeNorviewsVeteran has a reputation beyond reputeNorviewsVeteran has a reputation beyond reputeNorviewsVeteran has a reputation beyond reputeNorviewsVeteran has a reputation beyond reputeNorviewsVeteran has a reputation beyond reputeNorviewsVeteran has a reputation beyond reputeNorviewsVeteran has a reputation beyond reputeNorviewsVeteran has a reputation beyond reputeNorviewsVeteran has a reputation beyond reputeNorviewsVeteran has a reputation beyond repute

You arrive at Lynchburg College for Governor's school and the staff shirts this year are tye-dye, you occasionally yell, "GO WILDSTANG!"
I was in Scouts but I wanted out by the third meeting. I was in TSA, but I quit after a couple of weeks. I don't go camping with the SCA anymore. I was in taekwondo but I had to leave because I got sick.
I joined FIRST and stuck with it. It was nice enough to return the favor.

#1855   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-09-2009, 02:17 AM
on a break
AKA: Pinecone
no team (formerly FRC 3929, 228, 2791)

Chris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorviewsVeteran View Post
You arrive at Lynchburg College for Governor's school and the staff shirts this year are tye-dye, you occasionally yell, "GO WILDSTANG!"
Every time I see a tye dye shirt, I crank my neck and look to see if it's a Stang shirt. I think I even saw one in the hotel in Indiana that turned out not to be a Stang shirt. My count's at 15 non-Stang shirts.
Consultant: 2170 (2017)
College Mentor: 2791 (2010-15) Build Photos - 2013 WPI Finalists, 2012 BAE Finalists
Student: 1714 (2009) - 2009 MN 10K Lakes Winners
  #1856   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-09-2009, 07:02 PM
New year, new team
FRC #1197 (Torbots)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2003
EricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond repute

...you are with your family and see a guy wearing an orange shirt and purple shorts, and one of you says "399", and the others chuckle.

...immediately afterwards, a reference is made to this thread...

...all three of you are thinking the same thing.

"Rockets are tricky..."--Elon Musk

#1857   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-09-2009, 08:59 PM
Optimist Alumnus
AKA: Nathan
FRC #1189 (Gearheads)

Rookie Year: 2009
Mr. Pockets has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Pockets has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Pockets has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Pockets has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Pockets has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Pockets has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Pockets has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Pockets has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Pockets has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Pockets has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Pockets has a reputation beyond repute

-You reference enough everyday objects to a team's color scheme that you are ordered to get a life outside robotics.
-At least half of your attempted conversations at a family gathering have some relation to robotics in some manner or another.
Year 4: Learned about Promise

I came to robotics for the robot, but stayed for the people

2012/13 Melancholic retiree and wistful dreamer
  #1858   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-09-2009, 09:24 PM
AKA: Brendan Browne
FRC #3467 (Windham Windup)

Rookie Year: 2003
BrendanB has a reputation beyond reputeBrendanB has a reputation beyond reputeBrendanB has a reputation beyond reputeBrendanB has a reputation beyond reputeBrendanB has a reputation beyond reputeBrendanB has a reputation beyond reputeBrendanB has a reputation beyond reputeBrendanB has a reputation beyond reputeBrendanB has a reputation beyond reputeBrendanB has a reputation beyond reputeBrendanB has a reputation beyond repute

When while wearing your MAYHEM shirt at the Kennedy Space Center in Florida two people ask you if you are involved with FIRST.

Karibou- I am sooooo jealous....that is like the ultimate b-day gift. Could you imagine a FIRST yankee gift swap at the championships with just t-shirts. Although, I would rig it so i was number 1.

Member of the New England FRC community? Join the FRC New England Alliance Facebook Group
  #1859   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-09-2009, 10:40 PM
the nerdy-hippie
AKA: Mr.Gamer
FRC #0180 (S.P.A.M.)
Team Role: College Student

typharn91 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to typharn91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris is me View Post
I envy you. I SO envy you.

When you have a text file of team t-shirts you NEED to get through T-shirt exchange... and realize you have to buy 8 or 9 team shirts in order to get it all done.
how bout when you actually buy about 20ish of your teams shirts...just for trading...thats just this year
  #1860   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-10-2009, 09:29 AM

when you start thinking about making your own quilt out of team shirts

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: