OCCRA
Go to Post Football has been a school institution for over 100 years--we can't expect FIRST to show the same potential in a 10th of that. - Petey [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > General Forum
CD-Media   CD-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 126 votes, 4.83 average. Display Modes
  #1936   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-15-2009, 09:38 PM
AKA: Brendan Browne
FRC #3467 (Windham Windup)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2003
BrendanB has a reputation beyond reputeBrendanB has a reputation beyond reputeBrendanB has a reputation beyond reputeBrendanB has a reputation beyond reputeBrendanB has a reputation beyond reputeBrendanB has a reputation beyond reputeBrendanB has a reputation beyond reputeBrendanB has a reputation beyond reputeBrendanB has a reputation beyond reputeBrendanB has a reputation beyond reputeBrendanB has a reputation beyond repute
Re: You know you've overdosed on FIRST when...

When while following your cousins soccer team in New Jersey, you go home and see if their high schools have FIRST teams.

Member of the New England FRC community? Join the FRC New England Alliance Facebook Group
  #1937   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-16-2009, 04:00 PM
no team

Rookie Year: 2006
Robert Cawthon is a splendid one to beholdRobert Cawthon is a splendid one to beholdRobert Cawthon is a splendid one to beholdRobert Cawthon is a splendid one to beholdRobert Cawthon is a splendid one to beholdRobert Cawthon is a splendid one to beholdRobert Cawthon is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie_UPS View Post
when you shamelessly push FIRST on strangers that you meet that are in any field of business related to FIRST.
They need to be in a field of business related to FIRST? I didn't know that. I push it on EVERYBODY!
2012 Greater Kansas City Regional Imagery Award
"It doesn't hurt to be smart as long as you don't out-think yourself." -- Steve Fujita Former KC Chiefs player.
  #1938   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-16-2009, 09:47 PM
FRC #1729 (Monadnock 4-H Robotics)

Rookie Year: 2007
Trying to Help has much to be proud ofTrying to Help has much to be proud ofTrying to Help has much to be proud ofTrying to Help has much to be proud ofTrying to Help has much to be proud ofTrying to Help has much to be proud ofTrying to Help has much to be proud ofTrying to Help has much to be proud ofTrying to Help has much to be proud ofTrying to Help has much to be proud of

When you're at an event and looking at the year long schedule and thinking "those three dates will conflict with build season" and then you hear the folks behind you discussing the same issue!

OK, so it was an event about teaching students engineering but still!

Trying to Help
  #1939   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-17-2009, 11:45 PM
will return to 766 soon!
AKA: Mika Lai
FRC #0766 (M-A Bears)
Team Role: College Student

Blue_Mist is a jewel in the roughBlue_Mist is a jewel in the roughBlue_Mist is a jewel in the rough

...you go to your BME professor for academic advising, she asks you why you went into engineering, and you promptly launch into an enthusiastic twenty-minute explanation of FIRST and robotics.

...you're at college, and when meeting new people, you ask if they were on a team in high school before you ask their names.

...your first paper at college deals with FIRST robotics in a completely serious and professional way.

...you haven't entirely figured out your weekly class schedule but already know the meeting times and places for the college robotics team (not quite FIRST related).

...everything reminds you of FIRST robotics in the college robotics team, of course...

"Show a girl how to use a wrench, and she'll put those skills to use for a lifetime. Hand it to her and tell her she's probably better off shopping, and she'll clonk you over the head with it, do your pneumatics system, and CAD the robot." -Amanda Morrison

'09

Last edited by Blue_Mist : 09-17-2009 at 11:48 PM. Reason: Almost forgot that second to last one!
  #1940   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-18-2009, 08:29 AM
Mmmm... Pie
FRC #1565 (Think Tank Tech[T3])

Rookie Year: 2009
Zipding is an unknown quantity at this point

When you're playing an RPG and you're upset when your XP is just under or over your team number

The Human Torch! The only man in the world who can safely set himself on fire
We're Graciously Professional. Wait. We just bragged about it, does that mean that we are no longer Graciously Professional?
Best. Website. Ever. www.youfail.org
  #1941   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-19-2009, 01:24 PM
I have too much free time now
AKA: Tom Vermeulen
FRC #1306 (BadgerB.O.T.S.)
Team Role: Alumni

Vermeulen is a splendid one to beholdVermeulen is a splendid one to beholdVermeulen is a splendid one to beholdVermeulen is a splendid one to beholdVermeulen is a splendid one to beholdVermeulen is a splendid one to behold

When you're playing an RPG and your damage always seems to be 1306 per hit
When you feel guilty for not wearing your safety glasses at all times
When you cringe whenever you hear the words "chains" or "dumper"

Last edited by Vermeulen : 09-19-2009 at 01:26 PM. Reason: forgot the dumpers...
  #1942   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-21-2009, 08:02 PM
AKA: Katie
FRC #1732 (Hilltoppers)

mcb is an unknown quantity at this point

...your status is "My heart is about to burst," and someone thinks it's because you got asked to homecoming... but it's actually because you're going through pictures of your team that you make your heart swell up with pride.
  #1943   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-21-2009, 08:43 PM
FRC #1727 (REX)

Stephen of REX is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcb View Post
...your status is "My heart is about to burst," and someone thinks it's because you got asked to homecoming... but it's actually because you're going through pictures of your team that you make your heart swell up with pride.
If that was my status, someone would promptly say "Then stop reheating pizza with the heat gun!"

Go REX!!!
  #1944   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-23-2009, 10:38 PM
I'm that tall girl... :D
AKA: Michelle Roehl
FRC #1525 (WarBots)

Mitch1525 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Mitch1525

When the number 111 starts stalking you... Your lab drawer in Chemistry, the seat you have at the football game, the numbers of letters in a text to your FIRST friends....

When you go to your first engineering class in college and the first people you meet are FIRSTers : D

The road to success has many tempting parking spots along the way. ~Someone who's name escapes me
  #1945   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-24-2009, 04:05 PM
FRC #0503 (Frog Force)

Rookie Year: 2008
M.Wong is a jewel in the roughM.Wong is a jewel in the roughM.Wong is a jewel in the rough

When you see a kid at lunch wearing a Thunderchicken's shirt and you freeze up trying to figure out what is going on.

P.S. im still in high school.
  #1946   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-24-2009, 09:34 PM
Steel is love. Steel is life.
AKA: Kara Bakowski
FRC #0341 (Miss Daisy)

Karibou has a reputation beyond reputeKaribou has a reputation beyond reputeKaribou has a reputation beyond reputeKaribou has a reputation beyond reputeKaribou has a reputation beyond reputeKaribou has a reputation beyond reputeKaribou has a reputation beyond reputeKaribou has a reputation beyond reputeKaribou has a reputation beyond reputeKaribou has a reputation beyond reputeKaribou has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Wong View Post
When you see a kid at lunch wearing a Thunderchicken's shirt and you freeze up trying to figure out what is going on.

P.S. im still in high school.
Oh man, I would do the same thing if I wasn't the one at my school wearing the ThunderChickens shirt
FRC 341 (2016-present): Mechanical/build mentor
Volunteer (2010-present): Ramp Riot '18, Brunswick Eruption '18, MAR Springside-Chestnut Hill '16 '18, MAR Hatboro-Horsham B '18, Brunswick Eruption '16 '17, Ramp Riot '15 '16 '17, MidKnight Mayhem '13 '15 '16 '17 '18, MAR Seneca '17, FTC Hat Tricks Qualifier '16, MAR Montgomery '16, MAR Westtown '16 Portcullis Victim, FiM Escanaba District '14 '15, FiM Detroit District '13, IRI '10 '12, FiM Waterford District '11 '12, MARC '12, CMP Galileo '11
FRC 1189 (2008-2011): Team Captain, Pit Crew, Website group leader, Team Education group leader, Proud Alum. We've got spirit, yes we do...

WMWBS '10 '11
  #1947   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-24-2009, 09:48 PM
With Upmost Efficiency
AKA: Eric DelSanto
FRC #1676 (Pascack Pioneers)

Rookie Year: 2007
delsaner has a brilliant futuredelsaner has a brilliant futuredelsaner has a brilliant futuredelsaner has a brilliant futuredelsaner has a brilliant futuredelsaner has a brilliant futuredelsaner has a brilliant futuredelsaner has a brilliant futuredelsaner has a brilliant futuredelsaner has a brilliant futuredelsaner has a brilliant future

When you flip out because you found out that 33 squared is 1089.

Eric DelSanto
Game Announcer
H.E.R.E. Representative
Stevens Institute of Technology - Class of 2016 - BE/ME Mechanical Engineering
Concentration: Robotics, Mechatronics

[2008-2014]: FRC 1676 - The Pascack Pi-oneers
  #1948   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-24-2009, 10:07 PM
on a break
AKA: Pinecone
no team (formerly FRC 3929, 228, 2791)

Chris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond repute

If I saw someone at my school wearing a Thunderchickens shirt, I'd probably worship them. And if they're not a "real" Chicken, then I'd ask them how they got it

*worships Karibou from afar?*
Consultant: 2170 (2017)
College Mentor: 2791 (2010-15) Build Photos - 2013 WPI Finalists, 2012 BAE Finalists
Student: 1714 (2009) - 2009 MN 10K Lakes Winners
  #1949   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-24-2009, 10:26 PM
Steel is love. Steel is life.
AKA: Kara Bakowski
FRC #0341 (Miss Daisy)

Karibou has a reputation beyond reputeKaribou has a reputation beyond reputeKaribou has a reputation beyond reputeKaribou has a reputation beyond reputeKaribou has a reputation beyond reputeKaribou has a reputation beyond reputeKaribou has a reputation beyond reputeKaribou has a reputation beyond reputeKaribou has a reputation beyond reputeKaribou has a reputation beyond reputeKaribou has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris is me View Post
If I saw someone at my school wearing a Thunderchickens shirt, I'd probably worship them. And if they're not a "real" Chicken, then I'd ask them how they got it

*worships Karibou from afar?*
I'm not a real chicken (I wish I was! but I love my team <3) and I got it for my birthday; I think that the fact that I got it was a topic of discussion in this thread a few pages back.

Now, let's get back on topic....
FRC 341 (2016-present): Mechanical/build mentor
Volunteer (2010-present): Ramp Riot '18, Brunswick Eruption '18, MAR Springside-Chestnut Hill '16 '18, MAR Hatboro-Horsham B '18, Brunswick Eruption '16 '17, Ramp Riot '15 '16 '17, MidKnight Mayhem '13 '15 '16 '17 '18, MAR Seneca '17, FTC Hat Tricks Qualifier '16, MAR Montgomery '16, MAR Westtown '16 Portcullis Victim, FiM Escanaba District '14 '15, FiM Detroit District '13, IRI '10 '12, FiM Waterford District '11 '12, MARC '12, CMP Galileo '11
FRC 1189 (2008-2011): Team Captain, Pit Crew, Website group leader, Team Education group leader, Proud Alum. We've got spirit, yes we do...

WMWBS '10 '11
  #1950   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-24-2009, 10:50 PM
on a break
AKA: Pinecone
no team (formerly FRC 3929, 228, 2791)

Chris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond repute

I meant to add something about "still worshipping them" to the end of the line.

You know you're overdosed on FIRST when you've thought of this kind of thing before.
Consultant: 2170 (2017)
College Mentor: 2791 (2010-15) Build Photos - 2013 WPI Finalists, 2012 BAE Finalists
Student: 1714 (2009) - 2009 MN 10K Lakes Winners

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: