OCCRA
Go to Post Your cat-bell skills are most impressive. - Andy Baker [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > ChiefDelphi.com Website > Extra Discussion
CD-Media   CD-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-01-2005, 09:52 PM
Disgruntled Alumni
no team
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2002
Jay Trzaskos has a reputation beyond reputeJay Trzaskos has a reputation beyond reputeJay Trzaskos has a reputation beyond reputeJay Trzaskos has a reputation beyond reputeJay Trzaskos has a reputation beyond reputeJay Trzaskos has a reputation beyond reputeJay Trzaskos has a reputation beyond reputeJay Trzaskos has a reputation beyond reputeJay Trzaskos has a reputation beyond reputeJay Trzaskos has a reputation beyond reputeJay Trzaskos has a reputation beyond repute
pic: John, Ken, Adrienne, and I at the GTR.

#2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-01-2005, 09:55 PM
Unsung FIRST Hero
no team
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 1998
Karthik has a reputation beyond reputeKarthik has a reputation beyond reputeKarthik has a reputation beyond reputeKarthik has a reputation beyond reputeKarthik has a reputation beyond reputeKarthik has a reputation beyond reputeKarthik has a reputation beyond reputeKarthik has a reputation beyond reputeKarthik has a reputation beyond reputeKarthik has a reputation beyond reputeKarthik has a reputation beyond repute
Re: pic: John, Ken, Adrienne, and I at the GTR.

Bizzare, I never thought I'd see my parents on ChiefDelphi. That's my Mom and Dad in the bottom right corner of the photo.
"Enthusiasm is one of the most powerful engines of success. When you do a thing, do it with all your might. Put your whole soul into it. Stamp it with your own personality. Be active, be energetic, be enthusiastic and faithful and you will accomplish your object. Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm" -- R.W. Emerson
My TEDx Talk - The Subtle Secrets of Success
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-01-2005, 10:06 PM
Amanda Morrison's Avatar Unsung FIRST Hero
17 awesome years of FRC!
no team
Team Role: Alumni

Amanda Morrison has a reputation beyond reputeAmanda Morrison has a reputation beyond reputeAmanda Morrison has a reputation beyond reputeAmanda Morrison has a reputation beyond reputeAmanda Morrison has a reputation beyond reputeAmanda Morrison has a reputation beyond reputeAmanda Morrison has a reputation beyond reputeAmanda Morrison has a reputation beyond reputeAmanda Morrison has a reputation beyond reputeAmanda Morrison has a reputation beyond reputeAmanda Morrison has a reputation beyond repute

JVN = Goober
Ken Patton = Awesome

Alumna - Teams 71, 1020, 1720, 148, 1296
Working to make sure all FRC students learn the beauty and benefit of communication skills to ensure their future success. Want help editing your awards submissions? Click here.
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-01-2005, 11:21 PM
Grow Up? Why?
no team

Steve W has a reputation beyond reputeSteve W has a reputation beyond reputeSteve W has a reputation beyond reputeSteve W has a reputation beyond reputeSteve W has a reputation beyond reputeSteve W has a reputation beyond reputeSteve W has a reputation beyond reputeSteve W has a reputation beyond reputeSteve W has a reputation beyond reputeSteve W has a reputation beyond reputeSteve W has a reputation beyond repute

I can't believe that you guys were all awake at the same time. Well John was almost awake.
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-02-2005, 01:55 PM
Unsung FIRST Hero
Lead Engineer & Coach
AKA: John Vielkind-Neun
FRC #0148 (Robowranglers)

Rookie Year: 2000
JVN has a reputation beyond reputeJVN has a reputation beyond reputeJVN has a reputation beyond reputeJVN has a reputation beyond reputeJVN has a reputation beyond reputeJVN has a reputation beyond reputeJVN has a reputation beyond reputeJVN has a reputation beyond reputeJVN has a reputation beyond reputeJVN has a reputation beyond reputeJVN has a reputation beyond repute

Though you can't tell from the picture, this was one of the most fun times I've had at a FIRST event. Adrienne and I road-tripped it up to Toronto to watch our friends on 1114, and 1511. You can imagine our surprise when they ended up winning the regional together. It was certainly a blast.

We got to relax the whole weekend, and spent most of the time watching matches with the amazing and famous Ken Patton (he's a Woodie Flowers Award winner). Sometimes Jay would come hang out too (when he wasn't being too cool for us).
Ken and I spent a great amount of time trash-talking and discussing strategy. I can't speak for him, but I know I gained new insight into the game. It was also exciting to sit and watch a regional with no real responsibilities. Since I've joined FIRST in 2000 I have only done this once or twice.

Thanks for sharing this picture, it brings back fun memories.

John
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-02-2005, 02:42 PM
Disgruntled Alumni
no team

Jay Trzaskos has a reputation beyond reputeJay Trzaskos has a reputation beyond reputeJay Trzaskos has a reputation beyond reputeJay Trzaskos has a reputation beyond reputeJay Trzaskos has a reputation beyond reputeJay Trzaskos has a reputation beyond reputeJay Trzaskos has a reputation beyond reputeJay Trzaskos has a reputation beyond reputeJay Trzaskos has a reputation beyond reputeJay Trzaskos has a reputation beyond reputeJay Trzaskos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVN
Sometimes Jay would come hang out too (when he wasn't being too cool for us).
Ha ha, John, I wish I had talked to you guys more. I would much rather of been up there talking strategy. It was awesome to get insight into the different strategies teams were ,and could be, using. Not to mention getting some time to talk to Ken about how I did @ FLR. Ken is the man. I even got a chance to talk to Kim and Karthik @ lunch. It was great to sit and watch a full day of competition, I haven't done that since '03(before I was officially on the team)

Good times,
JT
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-02-2005, 04:23 PM
Travis Hoffman's Avatar Unsung FIRST Hero
O-H
FRC #0048 (Delphi E.L.I.T.E.)

Rookie Year: 2001
Travis Hoffman has a reputation beyond reputeTravis Hoffman has a reputation beyond reputeTravis Hoffman has a reputation beyond reputeTravis Hoffman has a reputation beyond reputeTravis Hoffman has a reputation beyond reputeTravis Hoffman has a reputation beyond reputeTravis Hoffman has a reputation beyond reputeTravis Hoffman has a reputation beyond reputeTravis Hoffman has a reputation beyond reputeTravis Hoffman has a reputation beyond reputeTravis Hoffman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVN
Adrienne and I road-tripped it up to Toronto to watch our friends on 1114, and 1511. You can imagine our surprise when they ended up winning the regional together.
We let them win, dangit!!!!!! LOL, man, that was a fun finals to participate in. If you have to lose (and 48 corners the market on finishing 2nd), you always want to lose to alliances like that. I'm just glad we could put on a good finals show for such *prestigious* American visitors as were in attendance that weekend blah blah blah.....!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVN
Thanks for sharing this picture, it brings back fun memories.
Indeed. I stopped up to visit this crew in the stands (minus Jay, whom I don't ever recall seeing at the competition - was he chasing girls all weekend or something? ) to give the /0'ers a 229 team pic from the Buckeye Regional. I left with the knowledge that Ken is opposed to having his robot classified as a "ballerina". It was great having them all there....even JVN!

I just want to know, will all these "American spies" scouting the Canadian events from the stands and beyond ever attempt to obtain the best possible scouting report by bringing their teams to Canada and competing at GTR and Waterloo? Are you afraid? Baby steps, eh? If we can't have a larger American presence on the field, it is definitely nice to see them represented in the seats.

Travis Hoffman, Enginerd, FRC Team 48 Delphi E.L.I.T.E.
Encouraging Learning in Technology and Engineering - www.delphielite.com
2017 Miami Valley Regional Champions w/ 2451 & 4085
2017 Smoky Mountains Regional Champions w/ 744 & 3140
NEOFRA - Northeast Ohio FIRST Robotics Alliance - www.neofra.com
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-02-2005, 04:44 PM
Unsung FIRST Hero
Lead Engineer & Coach
AKA: John Vielkind-Neun
FRC #0148 (Robowranglers)

JVN has a reputation beyond reputeJVN has a reputation beyond reputeJVN has a reputation beyond reputeJVN has a reputation beyond reputeJVN has a reputation beyond reputeJVN has a reputation beyond reputeJVN has a reputation beyond reputeJVN has a reputation beyond reputeJVN has a reputation beyond reputeJVN has a reputation beyond reputeJVN has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Hoffman
...and 48 corners the market on finishing 2nd....
On behalf of teams 229, 135, and others who made 2005 "the year of silver",
I'd just like to say... cry me a river Travis.

Last edited by JVN : 08-02-2005 at 05:27 PM.
  #9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-02-2005, 05:34 PM
Robot/STEM troublemaker since 2001
no team (Formerly 103 & 1712. Now run U.P. Robotics (other programs))

Rich Kressly has a reputation beyond reputeRich Kressly has a reputation beyond reputeRich Kressly has a reputation beyond reputeRich Kressly has a reputation beyond reputeRich Kressly has a reputation beyond reputeRich Kressly has a reputation beyond reputeRich Kressly has a reputation beyond reputeRich Kressly has a reputation beyond reputeRich Kressly has a reputation beyond reputeRich Kressly has a reputation beyond reputeRich Kressly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik
Bizzare, I never thought I'd see my parents on ChiefDelphi. That's my Mom and Dad in the bottom right corner of the photo.
Karthik has parents? I always thought he was some bizarre byproduct of a biology experiment gone very, very wrong
  #10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-02-2005, 06:30 PM
Unsung FIRST Hero
no team

Rookie Year: 1998
Karthik has a reputation beyond reputeKarthik has a reputation beyond reputeKarthik has a reputation beyond reputeKarthik has a reputation beyond reputeKarthik has a reputation beyond reputeKarthik has a reputation beyond reputeKarthik has a reputation beyond reputeKarthik has a reputation beyond reputeKarthik has a reputation beyond reputeKarthik has a reputation beyond reputeKarthik has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Kressly
Karthik has parents? I always thought he was some bizarre byproduct of a biology experiment gone very, very wrong
Well, my Dad is a Chemist, and it has always felt like I'm sort of experiment. So, I guess your somewhat right Rich. As for the positivity or the negativity of the outcome, I'll leave that to the reader to decide.
"Enthusiasm is one of the most powerful engines of success. When you do a thing, do it with all your might. Put your whole soul into it. Stamp it with your own personality. Be active, be energetic, be enthusiastic and faithful and you will accomplish your object. Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm" -- R.W. Emerson
My TEDx Talk - The Subtle Secrets of Success
  #11   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-02-2005, 07:40 PM
Serial Volunteer
AKA: Ed Patterson
FRC #0191

Koko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Kressly
You mean like a gremlin?

hmmmmm.....
  #12   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-02-2005, 07:52 PM
Its been a long time.
AKA: Stevie Alvarado
FRC #0065 (The Huskie Brigade)

Rookie Year: 2003
xzvrw2 has a reputation beyond reputexzvrw2 has a reputation beyond reputexzvrw2 has a reputation beyond reputexzvrw2 has a reputation beyond reputexzvrw2 has a reputation beyond reputexzvrw2 has a reputation beyond reputexzvrw2 has a reputation beyond reputexzvrw2 has a reputation beyond reputexzvrw2 has a reputation beyond reputexzvrw2 has a reputation beyond reputexzvrw2 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to xzvrw2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koko Ed
You mean like a gremlin?

hmmmmm.....
I almost died when i seen this. Almost the same.
my FIRST acomplishments: 2003:GLR Chairmans winner, MWR Finalist, Archimedes Division winner, National Champion (w/ 111 and 469) 2004:MWR Finalist 2005:GLR Chairmans winner, MWR Finalist, MWR Innovation in Controls award 2006:hmmm wow, umm we got picked 4th overall at Nats by 121
my FIRST resume: 65 (2003-2006)
  #13   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-02-2005, 09:31 PM
Robot/STEM troublemaker since 2001
no team (Formerly 103 & 1712. Now run U.P. Robotics (other programs))

Rich Kressly has a reputation beyond reputeRich Kressly has a reputation beyond reputeRich Kressly has a reputation beyond reputeRich Kressly has a reputation beyond reputeRich Kressly has a reputation beyond reputeRich Kressly has a reputation beyond reputeRich Kressly has a reputation beyond reputeRich Kressly has a reputation beyond reputeRich Kressly has a reputation beyond reputeRich Kressly has a reputation beyond reputeRich Kressly has a reputation beyond repute

I hereby will all of my reputation points, current and future, to Koko Ed!
  #14   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-02-2005, 11:26 PM
Travis Hoffman's Avatar Unsung FIRST Hero
O-H
FRC #0048 (Delphi E.L.I.T.E.)

Travis Hoffman has a reputation beyond reputeTravis Hoffman has a reputation beyond reputeTravis Hoffman has a reputation beyond reputeTravis Hoffman has a reputation beyond reputeTravis Hoffman has a reputation beyond reputeTravis Hoffman has a reputation beyond reputeTravis Hoffman has a reputation beyond reputeTravis Hoffman has a reputation beyond reputeTravis Hoffman has a reputation beyond reputeTravis Hoffman has a reputation beyond reputeTravis Hoffman has a reputation beyond repute

But according to the "historical documents", Gremlins die when exposed to bright light. Last time I checked, Karthik was never one to shy away from the spotlight (often to the chagrin of anyone within sight or earshot of him ). Perhaps he is a genetically-engineered Super Gremlin of the 21st Century? O wo is we! How are we supposed to get rid of him now????

Travis Hoffman, Enginerd, FRC Team 48 Delphi E.L.I.T.E.
Encouraging Learning in Technology and Engineering - www.delphielite.com
2017 Miami Valley Regional Champions w/ 2451 & 4085
2017 Smoky Mountains Regional Champions w/ 744 & 3140
NEOFRA - Northeast Ohio FIRST Robotics Alliance - www.neofra.com
  #15   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-02-2005, 11:50 PM
7 years, allready!!???!?!?!
AKA: Mongo
no team

Greg Perkins has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Perkins has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Perkins has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Perkins has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Perkins has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Perkins has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Perkins has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Perkins has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Perkins has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Perkins has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Perkins has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Greg Perkins Send a message via MSN to Greg Perkins Send a message via Yahoo to Greg Perkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Hoffman
But according to the "historical documents", Gremlins die when exposed to bright light. Last time I checked, Karthik was never one to shy away from the spotlight (often to the chagrin of anyone within sight or earshot of him ). Perhaps he is a genetically-engineered Super Gremlin of the 21st Century? O wo is we! How are we supposed to get rid of him now????

thats easy, if hes immune to light then we will just have to put up a gigantic tarp over canada!!

XBOX Live Gamertag = TrixAre4Kidss

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: