OCCRA
Go to Post FIRST is kind of like charity work... you are, even if only in some small way, helping our future just a little bit, and you get a great feeling from it. Even if you are just ringing a bell (or clapping MOE sticks together), you're helping. - Amanda Morrison [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > ChiefDelphi.com Website > Extra Discussion
CD-Media   CD-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-14-2007, 07:42 AM
I can program the future...
AKA: Don
FRC #0548 (Robostangs)
Team Role: Programmer

Rookie Year: 2006
Robostang 548 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Robostang 548 Send a message via MSN to Robostang 548 Send a message via Yahoo to Robostang 548
pic: Robostang's Analog Sensor test software

#2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-14-2007, 07:43 AM
Team 548 General Motors Robostangs
AKA: Mason Falk
FRC #0548 (General Motors Robostangs)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 1999
robostangs548 has a brilliant futurerobostangs548 has a brilliant futurerobostangs548 has a brilliant futurerobostangs548 has a brilliant futurerobostangs548 has a brilliant futurerobostangs548 has a brilliant futurerobostangs548 has a brilliant futurerobostangs548 has a brilliant futurerobostangs548 has a brilliant futurerobostangs548 has a brilliant futurerobostangs548 has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to robostangs548
Re: pic: Robostang's Analog Sensor test software

Don Don? Ahhhh...... Don Don...
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-14-2007, 08:08 AM
Team 2021 Captain
AKA: Chris Davidson
FRC #2021 (FA Robotics)

chris31 has a reputation beyond reputechris31 has a reputation beyond reputechris31 has a reputation beyond reputechris31 has a reputation beyond reputechris31 has a reputation beyond reputechris31 has a reputation beyond reputechris31 has a reputation beyond reputechris31 has a reputation beyond reputechris31 has a reputation beyond reputechris31 has a reputation beyond reputechris31 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to chris31

The right side of the Results area is cut off for me. Ill post a screenshot soon.
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-14-2007, 10:42 AM
FRC #0548 (Robostangs)

Send a message via AIM to Robostang 548 Send a message via MSN to Robostang 548 Send a message via Yahoo to Robostang 548

What exactly do you mean by cut off. It might just be that you are using a small screen or low resolution so windows makes the form to fit the screen. Just drag the bottom right corner of the window to the right and it should fix your problem.

-Don

Team 548:
Attending National Championship, Genesee District, Detroit District 2, West Michigan District, Michigan Championship?

#5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-14-2007, 11:04 AM
Team 2021 Captain
AKA: Chris Davidson
FRC #2021 (FA Robotics)

chris31 has a reputation beyond reputechris31 has a reputation beyond reputechris31 has a reputation beyond reputechris31 has a reputation beyond reputechris31 has a reputation beyond reputechris31 has a reputation beyond reputechris31 has a reputation beyond reputechris31 has a reputation beyond reputechris31 has a reputation beyond reputechris31 has a reputation beyond reputechris31 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to chris31

Im running 1024 x 768 and it will only allow you to make the window so big.

#6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-15-2007, 10:01 AM
wow college goes fast.
AKA: Alex
FRC #1024 (Kil-A-Bytes)
Team Role: Alumni

Qbranch has a reputation beyond reputeQbranch has a reputation beyond reputeQbranch has a reputation beyond reputeQbranch has a reputation beyond reputeQbranch has a reputation beyond reputeQbranch has a reputation beyond reputeQbranch has a reputation beyond reputeQbranch has a reputation beyond reputeQbranch has a reputation beyond reputeQbranch has a reputation beyond reputeQbranch has a reputation beyond repute

Yay it's an oscilloscope...

Hmm... maybe if your programming group looking for another project, you could do variable timebase and triggers (remember the 18F8722 has two programmable analog comparators you could use for a level-programmable trigger).

What I really want to know is: How on earth did you get .NET to let you access a serial port! I thought they discontinued that.

-q
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-15-2007, 01:26 PM
FRC #0195
Team Role: Mechanical

Rookie Year: 2005
steve0o will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris31 View Post
The right side of the Results area is cut off for me.

Same with me.

http://i10.tinypic.com/6xaed8h.jpg

Last edited by steve0o : 12-15-2007 at 01:33 PM. Reason: wow! big pic. sory
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-18-2007, 08:21 PM
Team 548 General Motors Robostangs
AKA: Mason Falk
FRC #0548 (General Motors Robostangs)

Rookie Year: 1999
robostangs548 has a brilliant futurerobostangs548 has a brilliant futurerobostangs548 has a brilliant futurerobostangs548 has a brilliant futurerobostangs548 has a brilliant futurerobostangs548 has a brilliant futurerobostangs548 has a brilliant futurerobostangs548 has a brilliant futurerobostangs548 has a brilliant futurerobostangs548 has a brilliant futurerobostangs548 has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to robostangs548

I believe that our team will be coming out with a new beta 2 version with that problem fixed.... Sorry about the problem, and check back soon to see if the new version is up....
  #9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-19-2007, 11:42 PM
None #0116
Team Role: Engineer

seanwitte has a brilliant futureseanwitte has a brilliant futureseanwitte has a brilliant futureseanwitte has a brilliant futureseanwitte has a brilliant futureseanwitte has a brilliant futureseanwitte has a brilliant futureseanwitte has a brilliant futureseanwitte has a brilliant futureseanwitte has a brilliant futureseanwitte has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to seanwitte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qbranch View Post
What I really want to know is: How on earth did you get .NET to let you access a serial port! I thought they discontinued that.
[offtopic]
The 1.1 framework allows you to access the serial port via interop. The 2.0 framework supports it via managed code in the System.Net namespace of the FCL.
[/offtopic]
  #10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-20-2007, 08:34 AM
FRC #0836 (RoboBees)

Rookie Year: 2007
Phil Mack is a splendid one to beholdPhil Mack is a splendid one to beholdPhil Mack is a splendid one to beholdPhil Mack is a splendid one to beholdPhil Mack is a splendid one to beholdPhil Mack is a splendid one to beholdPhil Mack is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanwitte View Post
[offtopic]
The 1.1 framework allows you to access the serial port via interop. The 2.0 framework supports it via managed code in the System.Net namespace of the FCL.
[/offtopic]
And API calls have always been available, which is still the way to have the most control over the serial port.

~Phil
  #11   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-22-2007, 10:50 PM
FRC #0548 (Robostangs)

I released an update to the software. Just go to the link I posted originally and reinstall. The installer should overwrite all the original folder's (assuming you select the same path). I don't know what is causing this problem and I don't know if the updated version will fix anything because I don't know the problem. I tried installing the software on multiple computers before I released it and I never encountered this problem except for when I tried the software on my old laptop and even then I was able to drag out the bottom corner of the window.

-Don

Team 548:
Attending National Championship, Genesee District, Detroit District 2, West Michigan District, Michigan Championship?

#12   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-23-2007, 08:55 AM
None #0116
Team Role: Engineer

seanwitte has a brilliant futureseanwitte has a brilliant futureseanwitte has a brilliant futureseanwitte has a brilliant futureseanwitte has a brilliant futureseanwitte has a brilliant futureseanwitte has a brilliant futureseanwitte has a brilliant futureseanwitte has a brilliant futureseanwitte has a brilliant futureseanwitte has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to seanwitte

I haven't run the software, but the issue is caused by the size of the controls on the form. The graph is too wide to fit on the screen at smaller resolutions. You need to anchor the graph at the top,bottom,left,right and anchor the group box only on the left. The graph will resize as you change the size of the window, but the group box will stay in place. Check the minimum width and height as well to make sure the dialog can be sized for a lower resolution. Plan B would be to drag the graph control into a panel with the scroll bars enabled.

You can verify the fix by changing the screen resolution to 1024x768 and make sure the content is visible.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: