OCCRA
Go to Post Obligatory warning: School comes first. If you have to choose between doing homework and going to a build season meeting, do the homework. - Billfred [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Competition > Off-Season Events
CD-Media   CD-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-13-2017, 11:04 PM
Lead Mentor, Lead Robot Inspector
FRC #0980 (ThunderBots)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2003
David Brinza has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Brinza has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Brinza has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Brinza has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Brinza has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Brinza has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Brinza has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Brinza has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Brinza has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Brinza has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Brinza has a reputation beyond repute
LA Robotics: Day at the Beach for Summer Aerospace Games

LA Robotics invites SoCal robotics teams to play in the 2017 Aerospace Summer Games!

Where: Dockweiler Beach (near LAX)
When: Sat July 29 8 am - 4 pm

Event official website: 2017 Aerospace Summer Games

Play soccer, volleyball, tug-o-war, etc. with aerospace engineers from organizations like SpaceX, Boeing, NASA/JPL, Raytheon, Northrop Grumman, and many more!

There is no entry fee. Participants need to buy an LA Robotics shirt for just $6.

For more information and registration, please visit:
LA Robotics at 2017 Aerospace Summer Games
2004 AZ: SF, GM Industrial Design; SoCal: Winners, Leadership in Controls; Championship: Galileo #2 seed, QF; IRI: Champions
2005 AZ: #1 Seed, Xerox Creativity; SoCal: Finals, RadioShack Controls; SVR: Winners, Delphi "Driving Tomorrow's Technologies"; Championship: Archimedes SF; IRI: Finals
2007 LA: Finals; San Diego: QF; CalGames: Finals || 2008 San Diego: QF; LA: Winners; CalGames: Finals || 2009 LA: SF; Las Vegas: QF; IRI: #1 Seed, Finals
2010 AZ: Motorola Quality; LA: Finals || 2011 SD: QF; LA: QF || 2013 LA: Xerox Creativity, WFFA, Dean's List Finals || 2014 IE: QF, LA: Finals, Dean's List Finalist
2016 Ventura: QF, WFFA, Engineering Inspiration || 2017 Central Valley: Dean's List Finalist; LA: SF, Entrepreneuer
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-13-2017, 11:11 PM
Baseball hat kid
AKA: Marcus Bernstein
FRC #1836 (Milkenknights)
Team Role: Team Spirit / Cheering

Rookie Year: 2013
marcusbernstein has a reputation beyond reputemarcusbernstein has a reputation beyond reputemarcusbernstein has a reputation beyond reputemarcusbernstein has a reputation beyond reputemarcusbernstein has a reputation beyond reputemarcusbernstein has a reputation beyond reputemarcusbernstein has a reputation beyond reputemarcusbernstein has a reputation beyond reputemarcusbernstein has a reputation beyond reputemarcusbernstein has a reputation beyond reputemarcusbernstein has a reputation beyond repute
Re: LA Robotics: Day at the Beach for Summer Aerospace Games

The Milkenknights are really excited to be attending the Aerospace games!! Should be a great oppurtunity to network with potential mentors, sponsors, develop connections to nearby companies, and just have a great time at the beach!

I was told that we were supposed to just wear white shirts. What's the situation with these new ones? Where do we buy them/how do we make sure to have all of them for our team by the day of the games?

Just kidding, I actually hit the new link and noticed that we buy them at the event.

Excited to see and have fun with everyone at the Aerospace games!

Thanks for sharing, David!

"Once you've concluded that it isn't a code problem, it isn't an electrical problem, and it isn't a mechanical problem, after all that blaming you now have a culture problem."
"Precedence is no excuse for being wrong."
"Aesthetics are great, but not at the expense of functionality."
"An entire team rallied around a potentially wrong decision is better than half a team rallied around the right one. And if that potentially wrong decision ends up being the right one, that unified team will be successful."

My views do not necessarily represent the views of my team or any other groups I am affiliated with.
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-14-2017, 03:34 PM
Rockets and Robots
FRC #3476 (Code Orange)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2010
Pauline Tasci has a reputation beyond reputePauline Tasci has a reputation beyond reputePauline Tasci has a reputation beyond reputePauline Tasci has a reputation beyond reputePauline Tasci has a reputation beyond reputePauline Tasci has a reputation beyond reputePauline Tasci has a reputation beyond reputePauline Tasci has a reputation beyond reputePauline Tasci has a reputation beyond reputePauline Tasci has a reputation beyond reputePauline Tasci has a reputation beyond repute

I competed at this as an FRC student with my old team and have been doing it the last 3 years with companies.

I'll be there this year with SpaceX, stop by and say hi everyone!
Team 589 Falkon Robotics- 2010-2013 ~ Driver, Outreach, Mech Lead
Watch FUN live on Twtich!
Facebook
TEDx '17 "Human Curiosity and Becoming an Interplanetary Species"
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-14-2017, 07:12 PM
New year, new team
FRC #1197 (Torbots)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2003
EricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauline Tasci View Post
I competed at this as an FRC student with my old team and have been doing it the last 3 years with companies.

I'll be there this year with SpaceX, stop by and say hi everyone!
Can't, I'm on shift that weekend. (Five years running... )

"Rockets are tricky..."--Elon Musk

#5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-24-2017, 01:26 AM
Baseball hat kid

marcusbernstein has a reputation beyond reputemarcusbernstein has a reputation beyond reputemarcusbernstein has a reputation beyond reputemarcusbernstein has a reputation beyond reputemarcusbernstein has a reputation beyond reputemarcusbernstein has a reputation beyond reputemarcusbernstein has a reputation beyond reputemarcusbernstein has a reputation beyond reputemarcusbernstein has a reputation beyond reputemarcusbernstein has a reputation beyond reputemarcusbernstein has a reputation beyond repute

So excited for this awesome opportunity this Saturday! Looks like a cool group of teams coming (Eileen sent me some google form results or something), and if anyone wants to take advantage of the cool meetup opportunity I'd love to trade some 1836 shirts! Also, I am working on getting a stream setup for FOC so if anyone wants to check it out (or just hear my team cheering for 973) that will likely be happening.

See you all Sunday!

"Once you've concluded that it isn't a code problem, it isn't an electrical problem, and it isn't a mechanical problem, after all that blaming you now have a culture problem."
"An entire team rallied around a potentially wrong decision is better than half a team rallied around the right one. And if that potentially wrong decision ends up being the right one, that unified team will be successful."

My views do not necessarily represent the views of my team or any other groups I am affiliated with.
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-31-2017, 07:38 PM
Baseball hat kid

My team and I had an awesome time at the Aerospace games with members of teams 4, 980, 2485, 5124, 687, and probably some others I'm forgetting as well as the whole LA Robotics administrative crew. Special shoutout to Liam for being Liam. It was a pleasure catching up with those I knew and meeting even more of the people who help make LA Robotics as awesome as it is. Although we came in second to last place, we had a great time and my team and I are really excited to come back in future years and further develop those connections/get pegged with even more dodgeballs!

We came in second to last, which was still much better than expected and had a blast even tying in some events!

Thanks to David, Amanda, Eileen, and the whole LA Robotics crew for putting together and inviting 1836 to this awesome event!

Last edited by marcusbernstein : 07-31-2017 at 07:47 PM.
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-31-2017, 07:41 PM
FRC #2485 (W.A.R. Lords)
Team Role: Leadership

Rookie Year: 2015
Liam Fay has a reputation beyond reputeLiam Fay has a reputation beyond reputeLiam Fay has a reputation beyond reputeLiam Fay has a reputation beyond reputeLiam Fay has a reputation beyond reputeLiam Fay has a reputation beyond reputeLiam Fay has a reputation beyond reputeLiam Fay has a reputation beyond reputeLiam Fay has a reputation beyond reputeLiam Fay has a reputation beyond reputeLiam Fay has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everyone for an amazing day! There's nothing like playing a sponsor in a game of beach dodgeball.

Last edited by Liam Fay : 08-01-2017 at 03:03 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: