OCCRA
Go to Post Good thing that this is FIRST and not FIRD (For inspiration & Recognition of Dancing) ... :) - Jason Morrella [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > General Forum
CD-Media   CD-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-28-2003, 09:53 PM
Ricksta Happens
AKA: Talonius
None #0121 (Rhode Warriors)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2001
SkitzoSmurf is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to SkitzoSmurf Send a message via Yahoo to SkitzoSmurf
A Little Extreme?

Hey everyone,

Need an opinion on something.

I have had a wonderful three years in FIRST, and it has been the best experience of my life. I want to do it every year possible. I love everything about it, and look forward to it each year. Now I am what I call a FIRST FAN. I want to represent it wherever I go. Now I have had the privelage of turning 18, and some ideas are floating around. I've been thinking of getting a FIRST tattoo. I'm going to design it myself, and it'll be kool. But, is this too extreme? Have peopel done this before? Am I some big weirdo? PLEASE HELP ME!!!
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-28-2003, 10:13 PM
FRC #1735
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2002
Courtney will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Courtney
There are a few things to think about before you go and get a tattoo. First off, this is something that you will have for the rest of your life (basically). Second, i dont know the situation with your family, but would getting a tattoo creat problems with your family?? you wouldnt want to get into arguments and wind up not as close to your family. I understand how much FIRST has affected your life, and honestly, if being on a FIRST team and being involved with FIRST has truely affected your life in a great way, then i see no reason why you shouldnt have a reminder of that. I know someone that got a tattoo and he did it because music and the teacher at school had such a positive effect on him. Think it over and if you feel that it is truely what you want to do, then i say go for it, just dont do anything until you talk it over and make sure that it wont cause major problems. If you decide to get your tattoo, just make sure you go to a clean place. I hope this helps ya

-Courtney
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-28-2003, 10:15 PM
Volunteer for hire
no team

Aaron Lussier is a splendid one to beholdAaron Lussier is a splendid one to beholdAaron Lussier is a splendid one to beholdAaron Lussier is a splendid one to beholdAaron Lussier is a splendid one to beholdAaron Lussier is a splendid one to beholdAaron Lussier is a splendid one to behold
Hmm, Dont worry your not the only one, I ve also been thinking of getting some FIRST tattoo, My Philsophy(sp?) on tattoos is that you get on to commerate a certian point in your life, or some certian thing that you did that you though was really great, and are going to remember for the rest of your life. Its cool that your designing it your self, be sure to be orginal and dont let anybody tell you it should be a certain way.
Field Reset Extraordinaire
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-28-2003, 11:18 PM
Member of the Red Army
no team

E. The Kidd is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to E. The Kidd
People in FIRST don't strike me as the tatoo type...heck some people were scared of the temp tatoos of 2k1
"A discovery is like falling in love and reaching the top of a mountain after a hard climb all in one, an ecstasy induced not by drugs but the revelation of a face of nature that no one has seen before"
-Max Perutz Nobel Prize-winning biochemist
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-28-2003, 11:26 PM
FIRST IS LIFE... 4 years later too!
FRC #3322
Team Role: Mentor

marlon_jbt is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to marlon_jbt Send a message via Yahoo to marlon_jbt
Wow, Dean Kamen would be so proud... is that him crying from happiness?

hehe

Well, if you want a FIRST tattoo, who's stopping you? Go ahead, and overlook / overcome your obstacles, and get it done, if it means that much to you.

What else can I say?
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-28-2003, 11:41 PM
Amanda Morrison's Avatar Unsung FIRST Hero
17 awesome years of FRC!
no team

Amanda Morrison has a reputation beyond reputeAmanda Morrison has a reputation beyond reputeAmanda Morrison has a reputation beyond reputeAmanda Morrison has a reputation beyond reputeAmanda Morrison has a reputation beyond reputeAmanda Morrison has a reputation beyond reputeAmanda Morrison has a reputation beyond reputeAmanda Morrison has a reputation beyond reputeAmanda Morrison has a reputation beyond reputeAmanda Morrison has a reputation beyond reputeAmanda Morrison has a reputation beyond repute
I've thought about this too. Maybe if I had some guts...

I say go for it!

Alumna - Teams 71, 1020, 1720, 148, 1296
Working to make sure all FRC students learn the beauty and benefit of communication skills to ensure their future success. Want help editing your awards submissions? Click here.
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-29-2003, 12:06 AM
J = Pf - Po
FRC #0814 (Megaforce Squadron)
Team Role: College Student

Rookie Year: 2003
Alaina is a splendid one to beholdAlaina is a splendid one to beholdAlaina is a splendid one to beholdAlaina is a splendid one to beholdAlaina is a splendid one to beholdAlaina is a splendid one to beholdAlaina is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Alaina
Of course you're a weirdo...Who isn't? =)

I think that's a good idea. I'm not really a tattoo person...But maybe I'll change my mind by the time I'm 18. =P
If FIRST is something you really don't want to forget, getting a tattoo is a pretty good way of remembering it..
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-29-2003, 01:40 AM
harker robotics :. 1072
AKA: Aonic
#1072 (Harker Robotics)
Team Role: College Student

AlbertW is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to AlbertW
I dunno about a FIRST tattoo... would you do the FIRST logo? (not to great) your team logo? (what if you change teams) a picture of your robot?

haha

if i were to get a tattoo, i'd want a barcode on my shoulderblade... I just think that'd look really cool (preferably if the barcode could actually be read by a scanner )

We were the first seeded first-year team at a first-year FIRST regional.
  #9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-29-2003, 07:33 AM
no team (NEW Apple Corps)

Katie Reynolds has a reputation beyond reputeKatie Reynolds has a reputation beyond reputeKatie Reynolds has a reputation beyond reputeKatie Reynolds has a reputation beyond reputeKatie Reynolds has a reputation beyond reputeKatie Reynolds has a reputation beyond reputeKatie Reynolds has a reputation beyond reputeKatie Reynolds has a reputation beyond reputeKatie Reynolds has a reputation beyond reputeKatie Reynolds has a reputation beyond reputeKatie Reynolds has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Katie Reynolds Send a message via Yahoo to Katie Reynolds
Quote:
Originally posted by AlbertW
if i were to get a tattoo, i'd want a barcode on my shoulderblade... I just think that'd look really cool (preferably if the barcode could actually be read by a scanner )
Hehe, one of my former teammembers has a barcode on the back of his neck (amongst a lot of other tatoos!)

If you want to get a FIRST tatoo, go for it! If I had some guts and wasn't completely afraid of needles (yeah, I know - getting a tatoo doesn't hurt), I'd probably get one too.

- Katie
Team #93 - NEW Apple Corps
Student - 2001-2004
Team #857 - Superior Roboworks
Mentor - 2006-2009
  #10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-29-2003, 08:37 AM
General Manager
no team
Team Role: Engineer

Erin Rapacki has a reputation beyond reputeErin Rapacki has a reputation beyond reputeErin Rapacki has a reputation beyond reputeErin Rapacki has a reputation beyond reputeErin Rapacki has a reputation beyond reputeErin Rapacki has a reputation beyond reputeErin Rapacki has a reputation beyond reputeErin Rapacki has a reputation beyond reputeErin Rapacki has a reputation beyond reputeErin Rapacki has a reputation beyond reputeErin Rapacki has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Erin Rapacki
If I were to get a FIRST tatoo, I would do an ancklet with an endless circular chain of triangle-circle-square countinuously linked together (guys could do that around their bicep)

its modest, but the people who know FIRST would recognize it

what do you think?

ByE

erin
  #11   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-29-2003, 08:48 AM
{Error Processing Custom Title}
AKA: oneangrydwarf/jtosh
no team (old school gangsta)

Rookie Year: 2000
Josh Hambright has a reputation beyond reputeJosh Hambright has a reputation beyond reputeJosh Hambright has a reputation beyond reputeJosh Hambright has a reputation beyond reputeJosh Hambright has a reputation beyond reputeJosh Hambright has a reputation beyond reputeJosh Hambright has a reputation beyond reputeJosh Hambright has a reputation beyond reputeJosh Hambright has a reputation beyond reputeJosh Hambright has a reputation beyond reputeJosh Hambright has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Josh Hambright
I have often thought about getting a tattoo...

But i need to get my first one before i can get my FIRST one. I'm planning on getting the word 'revolution' tattooed in binary code around my left wrist.

I've thought about getting a small FIRST logo somewhere that i could easily cover up because i am planning all of my tattoos so that i can still get a job with them. Thus having getting a tattoo on my wrist where i can cover it up with a watch.
Co-Founder IndianaFIRST

Share your FIRST photos on Flickr!
  #12   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-29-2003, 02:41 PM
Travis Hoffman's Avatar Unsung FIRST Hero
O-H
FRC #0048 (Delphi E.L.I.T.E.)

Travis Hoffman has a reputation beyond reputeTravis Hoffman has a reputation beyond reputeTravis Hoffman has a reputation beyond reputeTravis Hoffman has a reputation beyond reputeTravis Hoffman has a reputation beyond reputeTravis Hoffman has a reputation beyond reputeTravis Hoffman has a reputation beyond reputeTravis Hoffman has a reputation beyond reputeTravis Hoffman has a reputation beyond reputeTravis Hoffman has a reputation beyond reputeTravis Hoffman has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by AlbertW
I dunno about a FIRST tattoo... would you do the FIRST logo? (not to great) your team logo? (what if you change teams) a picture of your robot?
How about a big honking picture of Dean Kamen's face tattooed on his back?.................

C'mon, how cool would that be?! :-P

Travis Hoffman, Enginerd, FRC Team 48 Delphi E.L.I.T.E.
Encouraging Learning in Technology and Engineering - www.delphielite.com
2017 Miami Valley Regional Champions w/ 2451 & 4085
2017 Smoky Mountains Regional Champions w/ 744 & 3140
NEOFRA - Northeast Ohio FIRST Robotics Alliance - www.neofra.com

Last edited by Travis Hoffman : 04-29-2003 at 02:49 PM.
  #13   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-29-2003, 02:47 PM
is getting lost in her new home
FRC #0116 (Epsilon Delta), #1504 (alum), #67 (alum)

Beth Sweet has a reputation beyond reputeBeth Sweet has a reputation beyond reputeBeth Sweet has a reputation beyond reputeBeth Sweet has a reputation beyond reputeBeth Sweet has a reputation beyond reputeBeth Sweet has a reputation beyond reputeBeth Sweet has a reputation beyond reputeBeth Sweet has a reputation beyond reputeBeth Sweet has a reputation beyond reputeBeth Sweet has a reputation beyond reputeBeth Sweet has a reputation beyond repute
I say if you're into the whole tatoo thing, go for it! One of our mentors has them all over his arms. I think it would actually be pretty cool!
  #14   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-29-2003, 03:40 PM
'The' drive behind the drive
None #0226 (TEC CReW Hammerheads)

Rookie Year: 1999
Matt Reiland has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Reiland has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Reiland has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Reiland has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Reiland has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Reiland has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Reiland has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Reiland has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Reiland has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Reiland has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Reiland has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Make sure you think about it!

Make sure you think long and hard about where you are going to put a tattoo!

I know MANY people that got them earlier in life in places they thought were really cool at the time: biceps, forearms, neck....
Now later on in life they decided to change things around and most now wear long sleeve shirts into business meetings because they are concerned about how others in a business setting may feel about it. Don't get me wrong, I like tattoo's, I have one on my shoulder blade, I figured in a place like that I could show it when I wanted and if I didn't want to show it no one would know about it. Right or Wrong some people have strong opinions about tattoo's and those people may be the ones in charge of your future career path.

Think about your future, not just now. Laser surgery to remove one isn't really that fun either. I have also seen allot of really lousy tattoo's that look pretty terrible. I would put a FIRST tattoo right up there with putting your girlfriends name on your arm. There is a chance in the long run it might work out, but later you may not be so excited about FIRST and you may wish you didn't do it.

Your choice either way.

2003 GLR Champions (302,67,226)
2003 Buckeye Semi-Finalists(902,494,226)
2002 Nationals QuarterFinalists
2001 West MI QuarterFinalists
2000 GLR Semi-Finalists
  #15   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-29-2003, 07:28 PM
AKA: J2
#1037 (S.C.R.E.A.M Team)
Team Role: Student

J2Kraatz is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to J2Kraatz
Thats a great Idea I mean I would be right behind you in the line to get one and to make it interesting i would even get two.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: