OCCRA
Go to Post Thanks everyone for being so positive- this just reaffirms why I love F.I.R.S.T. and volunteer my time to this program and the awesome students involved! - Weightmn [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > Robot Showcase
CD-Media   CD-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#46   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-21-2017, 12:26 PM
FIRST Alum
AKA: Matthew
FRC #0696 (CircuitBreakers)
Team Role: College Student

Rookie Year: 2010
mdiradoorian has a brilliant futuremdiradoorian has a brilliant futuremdiradoorian has a brilliant futuremdiradoorian has a brilliant futuremdiradoorian has a brilliant futuremdiradoorian has a brilliant futuremdiradoorian has a brilliant futuremdiradoorian has a brilliant futuremdiradoorian has a brilliant futuremdiradoorian has a brilliant futuremdiradoorian has a brilliant future
Re: Robowranglers 2017: Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foster View Post
This why I sometimes really miss FRC.
This is why I love and wish I had time to invest in FRC.

2014 2x Industrial Design Award Winners CVR and LAR
2013 Inland Empire Finalists -696 Circuitbreakers, 3476 Code Orange, and 4140 Wired
  #47   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-21-2017, 12:38 PM
He who fixes with hammers #tsimfd
AKA: Devin Castellucci
FRC #1678 (Citrus Circuits and 5458 Digital Minds)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2005
RoboChair has a reputation beyond reputeRoboChair has a reputation beyond reputeRoboChair has a reputation beyond reputeRoboChair has a reputation beyond reputeRoboChair has a reputation beyond reputeRoboChair has a reputation beyond reputeRoboChair has a reputation beyond reputeRoboChair has a reputation beyond reputeRoboChair has a reputation beyond reputeRoboChair has a reputation beyond reputeRoboChair has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cash4587 View Post
Looks like they are using these:
https://www.mcmaster.com/#2476k37/=16g2003

They do not expand as much at high rpm as the teardrop ones, but I still would recommend a stainless steel safety wire like 1678 and 254 used last year to keep them from getting too big at higher rpm. You can spin them up faster with the wire around them.
You only should consider adding the wire past 4-5k rpm. Doesn't do anything for you until then. We are running the same wheels at around 3k and I can't see any appreciable expansion of the wheel at that speed.

12 Years and counting! Over a third of my life has been spent with FRC.
  #48   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-21-2017, 01:28 PM
FRC #4096 (Ctrl-Z)

Rookie Year: 2013
DohertyBilly is a name known to allDohertyBilly is a name known to allDohertyBilly is a name known to allDohertyBilly is a name known to allDohertyBilly is a name known to allDohertyBilly is a name known to all

Blown away. For me, this stands up there with 254 2014 as one of the best examples of integration ever, and I'm bummed I won't be able to see it in person. It looked like the climber was running during your shooting sequence, are you using it to agitate balls at the top of the pile?

My money is on a 3rd straight trip to the show. Good luck this year.

#49   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-21-2017, 01:34 PM
FRC #0247

David Lame has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Lame has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Lame has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Lame has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Lame has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Lame has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Lame has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Lame has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Lame has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Lame has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Lame has a reputation beyond repute

Do you guys ever do "Making Of" videos?

I would seriously watch "Making of Rogue - 2017"

Seeing it is cool, but I really want some insight into how it works, and some of the substance behind the design decisions. I sometimes see bots like this and wonder, "How do they do that?" and/or "How did they know to do that?"
  #50   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-21-2017, 01:47 PM
Gunning for Blue in 2018
AKA: Porkchop Sandwiches
FRC #2170 (Titanium Tomahawks)

Rookie Year: 2006
Akash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Lame View Post

Seeing it is cool, but I really want some insight into how it works, and some of the substance behind the design decisions. I sometimes see bots like this and wonder, "How do they do that?" and/or "How did they know to do that?"
Back in 09 or 2010 they had a "How it's Made" style video. I suggest checking it out. This was my first glance at the sheetmetal manufacturing technique.

As always, what a high bar 148 has set! Hope to see this beast in person at some point.

Is the main bot Rogue One, and the practice Rogue Two?
['13-'14]: Floating Mentor FRC 11/FRC 2495
['11-'13]: Founding Mentor FRC 3929 - 2012 World Championship Rookie Inspiration Award
['07-'10]: Student/Captain FRC 11 - MORT
['08-'12]: Founder - EWCP (OG)
  #51   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-21-2017, 02:01 PM
Mentor; Former Design Chairman
FRC #5499 (The Bay Orangutans) & FRC #687 (The Nerd Herd)

Rookie Year: 2011
josesantos has a reputation beyond reputejosesantos has a reputation beyond reputejosesantos has a reputation beyond reputejosesantos has a reputation beyond reputejosesantos has a reputation beyond reputejosesantos has a reputation beyond reputejosesantos has a reputation beyond reputejosesantos has a reputation beyond reputejosesantos has a reputation beyond reputejosesantos has a reputation beyond reputejosesantos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Lame View Post

Not quite the same, but if you want insight into their design process there are public docs for the two main drive trains they've used in recent years:

X009: Cantilevered tank drive (pretty much sheet metal WCD). Looks similar to this year's drivetrain.
X010: Butterfly/articulated drive.

I'd also recommend looking at the old Build Blitz blogs and videos if you haven't already. JVN used to have a public blog with "behind the design" style posts for their 2011 robot, but unfortunately it's no longer online.
Mentor 2014-Present
2017 Houston World Champions! Thanks to teams 973, 1011, and 2928!
  #52   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-21-2017, 02:10 PM
AKA: Joey Holliday
FRC #1939 (Kuhnigits)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2014
Joey1939 has a spectacular aura aboutJoey1939 has a spectacular aura aboutJoey1939 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akash Rastogi View Post
Back in 09 or 2010 they had a "How it's Made" style video. I suggest checking it out. This was my first glance at the sheetmetal manufacturing technique.
I found the video here. Definitely worth watching.
  #53   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-21-2017, 04:19 PM
FRC #0088 (TJ2)
Team Role: Coach

Rookie Year: 1995
MOE is a splendid one to beholdMOE is a splendid one to beholdMOE is a splendid one to beholdMOE is a splendid one to beholdMOE is a splendid one to beholdMOE is a splendid one to beholdMOE is a splendid one to behold

HELLOOoooo

GREAT BOT but what else is new good luck with this new one. I will be
keeping an eye out on your team.....maybe 2 out on this one!!!!!
OH YEAH !!!!!!!
Job well done Tell Brandon M. a big HELLOOooooo from OLD MOE from #88

MOE
  #54   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-21-2017, 04:45 PM
Nuts N' Bolts
AKA: Skye Leake
FRC #0876 (Thunder Robotics)

Rookie Year: 2011
Skyehawk has a brilliant futureSkyehawk has a brilliant futureSkyehawk has a brilliant futureSkyehawk has a brilliant futureSkyehawk has a brilliant futureSkyehawk has a brilliant futureSkyehawk has a brilliant futureSkyehawk has a brilliant futureSkyehawk has a brilliant futureSkyehawk has a brilliant futureSkyehawk has a brilliant future

11/10, good job as always.

2011 Lake Superior Regional Champs (Thanks 2512 & 3747)
2015 Central Illinois Regional Engineering Inspiration Award Recipients
2016 Central Illinois Regional Champs (Thanks 2481 & 2220)
2017 Northern Lights Regional Chairmans Award Recipients
  #55   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-21-2017, 08:16 PM
FRC #6070 (Gryphon Machine)
Team Role: Marketing

Rookie Year: 2016
garyjune is an unknown quantity at this point

The intake mechanism is very impressive.
  #56   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-22-2017, 01:19 PM
FRC #0346

Rookie Year: 2013
346CADmen has much to be proud of346CADmen has much to be proud of346CADmen has much to be proud of346CADmen has much to be proud of346CADmen has much to be proud of346CADmen has much to be proud of346CADmen has much to be proud of346CADmen has much to be proud of346CADmen has much to be proud of346CADmen has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by madison148 View Post

Video

The Robowranglers are proud to present our 2017 robot, Rogue. We will be competing at the Dallas and Las Vegas regionals, and the World Championship in Houston! Hope to see you there!

To find out more about this year’s robot, tune into to RoboSports Network check_in tomorrow night, 2/20/17 at 7:20pm central to hear all about Rogue!

Thank you to our sponsors, Greenville ISD, Innovation First International Inc., and L-3 Mission Integration.

#TeamIFI
The rest of the South is thinking take us with you, the North is asking how do we stop it?

Smartly and well done.
  #57   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-22-2017, 03:36 PM
Dare greatly
AKA: 1640 coach 2010-2014
FRC #2641 (PCCR; Refs & RIs)
Team Role: Coach

Rookie Year: 2007
Siri has a reputation beyond reputeSiri has a reputation beyond reputeSiri has a reputation beyond reputeSiri has a reputation beyond reputeSiri has a reputation beyond reputeSiri has a reputation beyond reputeSiri has a reputation beyond reputeSiri has a reputation beyond reputeSiri has a reputation beyond reputeSiri has a reputation beyond reputeSiri has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to Siri

Quote:
Originally Posted by 346CADmen View Post
The rest of the South is thinking take us with you, the North is asking how do we stop it?

Smartly and well done.
No, the North is just sad that a scant handful of us can ever play or even see it in person. #HalfChamps :\
  #58   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-23-2017, 06:03 PM
FRC #1711 (Raptors)
Team Role: Programmer

Rookie Year: 2015
abigailthefox is a splendid one to beholdabigailthefox is a splendid one to beholdabigailthefox is a splendid one to beholdabigailthefox is a splendid one to beholdabigailthefox is a splendid one to beholdabigailthefox is a splendid one to behold

Are those....rivets...?
  #59   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-23-2017, 06:28 PM
FRC #6130 (Viper Robotics)

Rookie Year: 2016
YMK is on a distinguished road

If you look @ like 20 seconds into the video it looks like they built a multi ball shooter, I wonder why they decided not to go with it? Maybe they wanted the ability to turret and the accuracy of just 1 shooter?
  #60   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-26-2017, 08:15 PM
AKA: Anthony Lapp
None #0118 (Team RUSH and Robonauts)

Rookie Year: 1996
ajlapp has a reputation beyond reputeajlapp has a reputation beyond reputeajlapp has a reputation beyond reputeajlapp has a reputation beyond reputeajlapp has a reputation beyond reputeajlapp has a reputation beyond reputeajlapp has a reputation beyond reputeajlapp has a reputation beyond reputeajlapp has a reputation beyond reputeajlapp has a reputation beyond reputeajlapp has a reputation beyond repute

Just now catching a minute to see some other robots.

Building robots with FRC118 is a blast but I'm always more than impressed by the Robowranglers creations.

This appears to be another stellar example of tight integration, carefully planned design and expert execution.

Hope we can play together this season!
221 Robotics Systems - Quality Hardware, Made in the USA
RobotOpen
anthony@221robotics.com
Twitter us: @221RobotSystems
Team 1 --> 94 --> 68 --> 221 --> 857 --> 27 --> 118
Design Engineer/Fabricator and 21 year vet
Team Rush (FRC27) and Robonauts (FRC118)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: