Go to Post FIRST is not about a robot competition . . there just happens to be one at every FIRST event. - Stuart [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Technical > Programming
CD-Media   CD-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-01-2018, 06:31 PM
FRC #0222 (Tigertrons)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 1998
Scott L. is just really niceScott L. is just really niceScott L. is just really niceScott L. is just really niceScott L. is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Scott L.
Converting Java to VB.NET

I Need help converting some files (4 files at the moment) from java to vb.net.

They involve udp comminication
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-01-2018, 08:39 PM
Making the 1's and 0's
FRC #1736 (Robot Casserole)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2015
gerthworm has a reputation beyond reputegerthworm has a reputation beyond reputegerthworm has a reputation beyond reputegerthworm has a reputation beyond reputegerthworm has a reputation beyond reputegerthworm has a reputation beyond reputegerthworm has a reputation beyond reputegerthworm has a reputation beyond reputegerthworm has a reputation beyond reputegerthworm has a reputation beyond reputegerthworm has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Converting Java to VB.NET

Have you looked into https://www.carlosag.net/tools/codetranslator/ ? I've never had to use it myself, but it could give you a start.

Where things will get tough is if the .java rely on non-standard libraries (see the list of lines that start with "include" at the top of the files). Not sure if there's a direct translation here.

Unfortunately I don't think we get many VB.NET experts around here (In fact, you're the first I've met) - you may be better off picking out the parts of the java code you don't understand, and asking for help on those - lots of us know java pretty well.
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-02-2018, 10:02 AM
Joe Ross's Avatar Unsung FIRST Hero
FRC #0330 (Beachbots)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 1997
Joe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Converting Java to VB.NET

Assuming that this is related to the FMS emulator you asked basic VB questions previously, have you considered that you might be in over your head? Why did you choose VB.net? What are your goals for the project that aren't met by FMS Offseason or Cheesy Arena?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: