OCCRA
Go to Post woo hoo! I rigged up brief Internet access using an old wornout robot battery. - Mark McLeod [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Other > FIRST-related Organizations > The Blue Alliance
CD-Media   CD-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-23-2013, 05:29 PM
no team
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2010
Patrick Flynn has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Flynn has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Flynn has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Flynn has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Flynn has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Flynn has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Flynn has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Flynn has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Flynn has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Flynn has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Flynn has a reputation beyond repute
[TBA]: [TBA]: Preventing lost match footage

Currently most all regionals have some sort of webcast at them, we can debate the best way to webcast forever, but my question is how do we make sure that all matches that are webcasted end up in a public location, be it TBA or TFA or similar site.

It currently appears that although almost all of MAR was webcasted last year none of it has made its way to the web.

I also understand that the easy solution would be to make sure all webcasts just hit record and post their match footage somewhere, but sometimes that doesn't happen or it gets deleted, so my question is, Is there some step up that would allow us to record all these live-streams in a central location so that they would always be recorded and then get them posted online.

Then the next question would be is there an automated system that could be used or developed to split the matches from each other?
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-24-2013, 08:24 AM
no team

Rookie Year: 2003
Racer26 has a reputation beyond reputeRacer26 has a reputation beyond reputeRacer26 has a reputation beyond reputeRacer26 has a reputation beyond reputeRacer26 has a reputation beyond reputeRacer26 has a reputation beyond reputeRacer26 has a reputation beyond reputeRacer26 has a reputation beyond reputeRacer26 has a reputation beyond reputeRacer26 has a reputation beyond reputeRacer26 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: [TBA]: [TBA]: Preventing lost match footage

I know the guys that do the Canadian Regionals at WatchFIRSTNow have a pretty sweet rig that they were using.

I feel like FIRST should invest a little bit of money in a system that can be shipped with the fields, and is essentially plug -n- play. Its not like the computer required is really all that expensive, for 15-20 fields worth of them, in an organization with FIRSTs scale.
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-24-2013, 10:14 AM
on walkabout
FRC #2175 (The Fighting Calculators)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2008
Aren Siekmeier has a reputation beyond reputeAren Siekmeier has a reputation beyond reputeAren Siekmeier has a reputation beyond reputeAren Siekmeier has a reputation beyond reputeAren Siekmeier has a reputation beyond reputeAren Siekmeier has a reputation beyond reputeAren Siekmeier has a reputation beyond reputeAren Siekmeier has a reputation beyond reputeAren Siekmeier has a reputation beyond reputeAren Siekmeier has a reputation beyond reputeAren Siekmeier has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer26 View Post
I feel like FIRST should invest a little bit of money in a system that can be shipped with the fields, and is essentially plug -n- play. Its not like the computer required is really all that expensive, for 15-20 fields worth of them, in an organization with FIRSTs scale.
Actually sounds like a great team project (maybe a touch on the spendy side) that could be donated to FIRST.... hmmm...
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-26-2013, 12:01 PM
no team

Rookie Year: 2010
Patrick Flynn has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Flynn has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Flynn has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Flynn has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Flynn has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Flynn has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Flynn has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Flynn has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Flynn has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Flynn has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Flynn has a reputation beyond repute

Shipping with the fields would be awesome, and I don't think that hard to do.
One thing that could make this much more convenient would be the ability to automatically split matches, even just a program that would be able to input a large video file and split it up.

I'm not a programmer but if there's anyone that would like to take this up, i'll pay you in cookies, and possibly an FRCTop25 shirt. And provide any support that I can.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: