OCCRA
Go to Post Genius is one percent inspiration and 99 percent perspiration, which is why engineers sometimes smell really bad. - Koko Ed [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > General Forum
CD-Media   CD-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
  #46   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-25-2011, 05:20 PM
esse quam videri
AKA: with an "i"
FRC #0111 (WildStang)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2000
KelliV has a reputation beyond reputeKelliV has a reputation beyond reputeKelliV has a reputation beyond reputeKelliV has a reputation beyond reputeKelliV has a reputation beyond reputeKelliV has a reputation beyond reputeKelliV has a reputation beyond reputeKelliV has a reputation beyond reputeKelliV has a reputation beyond reputeKelliV has a reputation beyond reputeKelliV has a reputation beyond repute
Re: RIP Art Anderson, age 76, TechnoKat mentor and Boy Scout Leader

Working with Art was always a pleasure, his work ethic was superb and I enjoyed chatting with him briefly at each event I got a chance to. My heartfelt condolences go out to Art's family, friends, and team.

-Kelli

~Live what you love~
  #47   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-25-2011, 05:25 PM
You make it pretty We make it dance
no team (Retired(3539, 217))
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2001
Mike Copioli has a reputation beyond reputeMike Copioli has a reputation beyond reputeMike Copioli has a reputation beyond reputeMike Copioli has a reputation beyond reputeMike Copioli has a reputation beyond reputeMike Copioli has a reputation beyond reputeMike Copioli has a reputation beyond reputeMike Copioli has a reputation beyond reputeMike Copioli has a reputation beyond reputeMike Copioli has a reputation beyond reputeMike Copioli has a reputation beyond repute

This is an unbelievable tragedy. I can only try to imagine what you and your family are going through Alan. Unfortunately I have only had the pleasure of meeting your father on one occasion. Of course he was lending our team a part for our robot. No words of mine or any other can ease the pain that you and your family are going through. A hole has been created that cannot be filled. My deepest condolences to you and your family.

Team 3539 The Byting Bull Dogs
2013 Michigan State Champions
Team 217 The Thunder Chickens
2006 World Champions
2008 World Champions
2009 Michigan State Champions
  #48   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-25-2011, 05:37 PM
Unsung FIRST Hero Woodie Flowers Award
My Other Car is a 500 HP Turbine
FRC #0234 (Cyber Blue)

Rookie Year: 1942
Chris Fultz has a reputation beyond reputeChris Fultz has a reputation beyond reputeChris Fultz has a reputation beyond reputeChris Fultz has a reputation beyond reputeChris Fultz has a reputation beyond reputeChris Fultz has a reputation beyond reputeChris Fultz has a reputation beyond reputeChris Fultz has a reputation beyond reputeChris Fultz has a reputation beyond reputeChris Fultz has a reputation beyond reputeChris Fultz has a reputation beyond repute

This was truly a sad and shocking email when i received it earlier in the week. Art and the whole Anderson family is such a big part of any FIRST event, and especially the IRI. I have had some great conversations with Art over the past several years.

Please know that the entire FIRST community is with you, and I am sure we can say the same for scouts everywhere. Art has truly made an impact.

What an awesome man - I only wish I had know more of his story before.
2018 IndyRAGE Planning Committee
2010 - Woodie Flowers Award - Championship
  #49   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-25-2011, 08:47 PM
FRC #0236 (Techno Ticks)

Rookie Year: 1994
Vince has a reputation beyond reputeVince has a reputation beyond reputeVince has a reputation beyond reputeVince has a reputation beyond reputeVince has a reputation beyond reputeVince has a reputation beyond reputeVince has a reputation beyond reputeVince has a reputation beyond reputeVince has a reputation beyond reputeVince has a reputation beyond reputeVince has a reputation beyond repute

My condolences to the Anderson family and the extended TechnoKat family for your loss. Our thoughts and prayers are with you all.
  #50   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-25-2011, 11:45 PM
Support STEM Education
FRC #3301 (Jay County Robotics)
Team Role: Teacher

Rookie Year: 2004
Kyle Love has a reputation beyond reputeKyle Love has a reputation beyond reputeKyle Love has a reputation beyond reputeKyle Love has a reputation beyond reputeKyle Love has a reputation beyond reputeKyle Love has a reputation beyond reputeKyle Love has a reputation beyond reputeKyle Love has a reputation beyond reputeKyle Love has a reputation beyond reputeKyle Love has a reputation beyond reputeKyle Love has a reputation beyond repute

Art was an inspiration to every single student on the Technokats team. He was known for always being positive and was always there for us when we needed him. This is a tremendous blow to the entire FIRST community. He is what every mentor should strive to be. He has inspired me to become a mentor who will always explain things to students in a way they can understand and be a mentor for the true reason of FIRST. Win or lose, Art always commended us on never giving up and was always a supportive man. He can never be replaced as the "Technokats grandpa". RIP Art Anderson, you will always be a motivating factor in everything I do regarding STEM education and robotics. My prayers and thoughts are with the Andersons and everyone who has been impacted by this loss.

Kyle Love
Teams I've been on:
Team 45 - The TechnoKats - Student/Leader/Driver 2004-2007
Team 1646 - Boiler Precision Guessworks - Mentor 2007-2011
Team 3301 - Jay County Robotics - Teacher 2011-Present

#51   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-26-2011, 12:34 AM
Winner, Chief Delphi Insanity Award
AKA: Jeremy Marr
FRC #0240 (T.E.M.P.E.S.T.)
Team Role: Alumni

MishraArtificer is a glorious beacon of lightMishraArtificer is a glorious beacon of lightMishraArtificer is a glorious beacon of lightMishraArtificer is a glorious beacon of lightMishraArtificer is a glorious beacon of lightMishraArtificer is a glorious beacon of light

You know, just as I was reading the update, I was listening to the Halo 3 Soundtrack, and do you know what song started playing?

"No More Dead Heroes."

#52   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-26-2011, 12:45 AM
Software Architect
FRC #0045 (TechnoKats)
Team Role: Mentor

Alan Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Anderson has a reputation beyond repute

There's so much more than can fit into any number of words.

TechnoKats mentor and FIRST volunteer.
Scout leader, merit badge counselor, orienteering course designer, canoeing instructor...
Strong member of the Jewish community.
Handyman.
Father.
Amateur Radio operator (now a silent key).
Private pilot.
Husband.
Computer programmer.
Inventor.
Technical writer.
Grandfather.
Stage lighting designer.
Model railroad hobbyist.
Philanthropist.
Electrician, plumber, carpenter, automobile maintenance technician...

Mensch.
  #53   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-22-2013, 11:18 AM
We Build Robots......and Careers
AKA: Warthog
FRC #1501 (Team T.H.R.U.S.T.)

Rookie Year: 2000
Wayne Doenges has a reputation beyond reputeWayne Doenges has a reputation beyond reputeWayne Doenges has a reputation beyond reputeWayne Doenges has a reputation beyond reputeWayne Doenges has a reputation beyond reputeWayne Doenges has a reputation beyond reputeWayne Doenges has a reputation beyond reputeWayne Doenges has a reputation beyond reputeWayne Doenges has a reputation beyond reputeWayne Doenges has a reputation beyond reputeWayne Doenges has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.journalgazette.net/articl...AL06/131129770

Rest in Peace Art. You are missed.
World's - #1 seeded in Archimedes, WON Archimedes and made it to Einstein
2016 NC District - Guilford County. #13 seeded, Finalist. Won Quality award.
IN District - Tippecanoe. #4 seeded. Won Innovation in Control award.
IN District - Perry Meridian. #3 seeded. Finalist. Won Excellence in Engineering award.
IN District - State Championship. #1 seeded. Finalist. Won Excellence in Engineering award.

Last edited by Wayne Doenges : 11-22-2013 at 01:32 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: