OCCRA
Go to Post Bag and tag is so unfair. The practice bot does all of the hard work and the competition bot gets all the credit and glory. - smitikshah [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > Rumor Mill
CD-Media   CD-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-30-2001, 08:24 AM
Unsung FIRST Hero
Been-In-FIRST-Too-Long
FRC #1438 (The Aztechs)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 1998
Matt Leese has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Leese has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Leese has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Leese has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Leese has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Leese has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Leese has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Leese has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Leese has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Leese has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Leese has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Matt Leese
QUESTION OF THE WEEK!!! [7-29-01]

Yep, I'm a day late because I forgot about doing the Question of the Week. So I'm not the best fill-in Ken. Sue me. :-p

Anyway, given that the team forum is Wednesday, what are the most important issues that need to be addressed during the team forum?

Matt
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-30-2001, 10:28 AM
LSR Emcee/Alamo Game Announcer
FRC #1255 (Blarglefish)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2001
Kris Verdeyen has a reputation beyond reputeKris Verdeyen has a reputation beyond reputeKris Verdeyen has a reputation beyond reputeKris Verdeyen has a reputation beyond reputeKris Verdeyen has a reputation beyond reputeKris Verdeyen has a reputation beyond reputeKris Verdeyen has a reputation beyond reputeKris Verdeyen has a reputation beyond reputeKris Verdeyen has a reputation beyond reputeKris Verdeyen has a reputation beyond reputeKris Verdeyen has a reputation beyond repute
RE:QOW

The most important issue is to find a way to keep the teams threatening to leave FIRST with us, without sacrificing what FIRST is about.

We don't want FIRST to be WCW to Battlebots' WWF. We want to be ....uh.... Greco-Roman? Yeah - FIRST is to Battlebots as olympic wrestling is to the WWF. Because FIRST takes years and years of training, has less exposure, is harder, and is ultimately the better game.

Thank you and good night.

Moderator Note: This post spawned an off-topic thread Kurt Engel

Last edited by Brandon Martus : 08-01-2001 at 01:14 PM.
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-30-2001, 11:39 AM
-
no team

EddieMcD has much to be proud ofEddieMcD has much to be proud ofEddieMcD has much to be proud ofEddieMcD has much to be proud ofEddieMcD has much to be proud ofEddieMcD has much to be proud ofEddieMcD has much to be proud ofEddieMcD has much to be proud ofEddieMcD has much to be proud ofEddieMcD has much to be proud of
*looks at verdeyw's post*

Wow.

Anyhow, I think what needs to be adressed is the level of competitiveness in the next competition.
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-30-2001, 12:32 PM
Nice Guy
no team

Tom Fairchild will become famous soon enoughTom Fairchild will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Tom Fairchild
Wasn't this basically the question of the week on 7/1/01?

~Tom~
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-30-2001, 12:41 PM
cd addicted ninny
#0419 (rambots)

mike o'leary is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to mike o'leary Send a message via AIM to mike o'leary Send a message via Yahoo to mike o'leary
sorta i think it was tom. except if my memory serves me i think the other one was about who should be allowed to go.

either way, i think that the one thing that needs to be addressed is tv-friendlyness. a tv-friendly game will keep the teams who are threatening to leave with us. it will also help to furthur first's ultimate goal of promoting engineering and creating engineers.

***ninny pride***
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-30-2001, 02:10 PM
Unsung FIRST Hero
Been-In-FIRST-Too-Long
FRC #1438 (The Aztechs)
Team Role: Engineer

Matt Leese has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Leese has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Leese has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Leese has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Leese has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Leese has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Leese has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Leese has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Leese has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Leese has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Leese has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Matt Leese
Quote:
Originally posted by Tom Fairchild
Wasn't this basically the question of the week on 7/1/01?

~Tom~
It sort of was but I wanted to be more direct about it. Plus I realized I needed to post a question of the week this morning so I didn't have too much time to think about it (it was late as it is). So give me a break.

Matt
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-30-2001, 04:23 PM
The_C
no team

Rookie Year: 2001
Carolyn Duncan is a jewel in the roughCarolyn Duncan is a jewel in the roughCarolyn Duncan is a jewel in the rough
I think the biggest topic should be about nats. If it will be limmited, if it will be at Epcot again, will it be in more than 1 place, etc... You get what I mean. I also agre with the viewer friendly idea. If it takes the mc forever to explain the game for the web cast no one will want to watch it.

Thats C like the letter not like looking through your eyes or the large bdy of water! Just the letter C and yes it's on my birth certificate!
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-30-2001, 06:24 PM
Nice Guy
no team

Tom Fairchild will become famous soon enoughTom Fairchild will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Tom Fairchild
Need simplicity of the game and simplicity of scoring be stressed again? That's my big request.

~Tom~, who had to use a palm pilot program while the other alliance was competing just to get a good idea of what score they were going to get.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: