OCCRA
Go to Post Data is never ugly. It is only how you use it that can be. - Ed Law [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > General Forum
CD-Media   CD-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-10-2018, 12:49 PM
FRC #1729 (Monadnock 4-H Robotics)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2007
Trying to Help has much to be proud ofTrying to Help has much to be proud ofTrying to Help has much to be proud ofTrying to Help has much to be proud ofTrying to Help has much to be proud ofTrying to Help has much to be proud ofTrying to Help has much to be proud ofTrying to Help has much to be proud ofTrying to Help has much to be proud ofTrying to Help has much to be proud of
Please help 1729 win a donation by voting (quick!)

The ChiefDelphi community was terrific last year and helped us reach our goal of winning a $500 donation from a local HVAC company. If any of you could help once again this year, we'd really appreciate it!

Please click here: https://choosesanford.com/community/ and vote. If you have time, voting once a day would be amazing.

Thank you again!

Brighid

#2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-10-2018, 06:10 PM
Don't lay blame. Fix probems.
FRC #1718 (The Fighting Pi)

Rookie Year: 1999
Tom Line has a reputation beyond reputeTom Line has a reputation beyond reputeTom Line has a reputation beyond reputeTom Line has a reputation beyond reputeTom Line has a reputation beyond reputeTom Line has a reputation beyond reputeTom Line has a reputation beyond reputeTom Line has a reputation beyond reputeTom Line has a reputation beyond reputeTom Line has a reputation beyond reputeTom Line has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Please help 1729 win a donation by voting (quick!)

You're up 162 to 100 right now. Good luck!
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-11-2018, 10:12 AM
Developing tomorrow's best people
AKA: Alex Tannahill
no team

Rookie Year: 2008
ATannahill has a reputation beyond reputeATannahill has a reputation beyond reputeATannahill has a reputation beyond reputeATannahill has a reputation beyond reputeATannahill has a reputation beyond reputeATannahill has a reputation beyond reputeATannahill has a reputation beyond reputeATannahill has a reputation beyond reputeATannahill has a reputation beyond reputeATannahill has a reputation beyond reputeATannahill has a reputation beyond repute

Ahead 234-112 on day 2.

I base my answers off of the game manual, Q&A responses and field tour videos at the time of my post. Rules will probably be modified or clarified between this post and your competition. My post means nothing to event officials. Please keep up with team manual updates and the FRC Q&A.
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-11-2018, 04:42 PM

Trying to Help has much to be proud ofTrying to Help has much to be proud ofTrying to Help has much to be proud ofTrying to Help has much to be proud ofTrying to Help has much to be proud ofTrying to Help has much to be proud ofTrying to Help has much to be proud ofTrying to Help has much to be proud ofTrying to Help has much to be proud ofTrying to Help has much to be proud of

Thank you so much CD folks! We're ahead at the moment and I'm sure your votes have helped!

Brighid

#5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-11-2018, 04:54 PM
I live my life 2:30 at a time!
FRC #0166 (Chop Shop)

Rookie Year: 2013
Connor McBride has a reputation beyond reputeConnor McBride has a reputation beyond reputeConnor McBride has a reputation beyond reputeConnor McBride has a reputation beyond reputeConnor McBride has a reputation beyond reputeConnor McBride has a reputation beyond reputeConnor McBride has a reputation beyond reputeConnor McBride has a reputation beyond reputeConnor McBride has a reputation beyond reputeConnor McBride has a reputation beyond reputeConnor McBride has a reputation beyond repute

I voted twice

Youtube Channel Team Page Facebook Page
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-11-2018, 07:01 PM
Head Scout n Strategist
FRC #5943 (The Bad News Gears)
Team Role: Tactician

Rookie Year: 2014
Hailey.faiella is a glorious beacon of lightHailey.faiella is a glorious beacon of lightHailey.faiella is a glorious beacon of lightHailey.faiella is a glorious beacon of lightHailey.faiella is a glorious beacon of lightHailey.faiella is a glorious beacon of light

312 to 120

Human Player 17'
Strategist 17'-19'
Head Scout 18'-19'

Senior Mentor 18'-19'

Team 7016 PV Shock Bots
Drive Coach 18'
Scouting Mentor 18'
SLFF 1.21 GigaWatt 18'-
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-12-2018, 06:46 AM
no team

ATannahill has a reputation beyond reputeATannahill has a reputation beyond reputeATannahill has a reputation beyond reputeATannahill has a reputation beyond reputeATannahill has a reputation beyond reputeATannahill has a reputation beyond reputeATannahill has a reputation beyond reputeATannahill has a reputation beyond reputeATannahill has a reputation beyond reputeATannahill has a reputation beyond reputeATannahill has a reputation beyond repute

Currently 346 - 124. Do you know when voting ends?

I base my answers off of the game manual, Q&A responses and field tour videos at the time of my post. Rules will probably be modified or clarified between this post and your competition. My post means nothing to event officials. Please keep up with team manual updates and the FRC Q&A.
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-13-2018, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATannahill View Post
Currently 346 - 124. Do you know when voting ends?
Thank you for your comment too! The voting ends on the morning of September 28th. When I voted today, we were still ahead.

As I said earlier, I'm so thankful for the CD community for helping us out with this.

Brighid

#9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-13-2018, 11:19 AM
Mentor
no team

Rookie Year: 2009
philso has a reputation beyond reputephilso has a reputation beyond reputephilso has a reputation beyond reputephilso has a reputation beyond reputephilso has a reputation beyond reputephilso has a reputation beyond reputephilso has a reputation beyond reputephilso has a reputation beyond reputephilso has a reputation beyond reputephilso has a reputation beyond reputephilso has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trying to Help View Post
Thank you for your comment too! The voting ends on the morning of September 28th. When I voted today, we were still ahead.

As I said earlier, I'm so thankful for the CD community for helping us out with this.

Brighid

Just voted again. Your team obviously has more friends than the local library...
  #10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-17-2018, 06:04 AM
no team

562-246 after the weekend.

#11   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-17-2018, 12:18 PM
Mentor
AKA: Nelson Green
FRC #1108 (Panther Robotics)

Rookie Year: 2002
ngreen has a reputation beyond reputengreen has a reputation beyond reputengreen has a reputation beyond reputengreen has a reputation beyond reputengreen has a reputation beyond reputengreen has a reputation beyond reputengreen has a reputation beyond reputengreen has a reputation beyond reputengreen has a reputation beyond reputengreen has a reputation beyond reputengreen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by philso View Post
Just voted again. Your team obviously has more friends than the local library...
... Maybe they can share the wealth and have a "Robots and Reading" night.

edit: also voted (2nd time)

Last edited by ngreen : 09-17-2018 at 12:22 PM.
  #12   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-17-2018, 12:23 PM
Head Coach | Lead Mentor
FRC #5686 (Wirecats)

Rookie Year: 2006
Akash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by philso View Post
Not to be a downer, but sometimes I wish these types of contests weren't purely about who could get more votes. Most libraries service more kids and adults than many FRC teams can put together.

Sometimes I feel as though the organization having a greater impact should win funds.

I hope you guys find a way to work with the library to bring them new funds as well as put on events with them.

['18-'xx]: Lead Mentor FRC 5686
['17-'17]: Mentor FRC 2170
['13-'14]: Floating Mentor FRC 11/FRC 2495
['11-'13]: Founding Mentor FRC 3929 - 2012 World Championship Rookie Inspiration Award
['07-'10]: Student/Captain FRC 11 - MORT
  #13   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-17-2018, 01:30 PM
no team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akash Rastogi View Post
Not to be a downer, but sometimes I wish these types of contests weren't purely about who could get more votes. Most libraries service more kids and adults than many FRC teams can put together.

Sometimes I feel as though the organization having a greater impact should win funds.

I hope you guys find a way to work with the library to bring them new funds as well as put on events with them.
I respect your opinion, as well as the good that many libraries do, but I understand that Sanford (the company giving away the money) has many interests, including wanting to drive traffic to their website (SEO), raise brand awareness and make tax deductible donations.

I believe I remember a similar contest that CD flooded with votes that ended up giving both (all?) candidates money.

#14   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-17-2018, 01:39 PM
Head Coach | Lead Mentor
FRC #5686 (Wirecats)

Rookie Year: 2006
Akash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATannahill View Post
I respect your opinion, as well as the good that many libraries do, but I understand that Sanford (the company giving away the money) has many interests, including wanting to drive traffic to their website (SEO), raise brand awareness and make tax deductible donations.

I believe I remember a similar contest that CD flooded with votes that ended up giving both (all?) candidates money.
Yeah...I guess part of me just feels bad about it. Hopefully teams work with the other organizations looking for funding.

['18-'xx]: Lead Mentor FRC 5686
['17-'17]: Mentor FRC 2170
['13-'14]: Floating Mentor FRC 11/FRC 2495
['11-'13]: Founding Mentor FRC 3929 - 2012 World Championship Rookie Inspiration Award
['07-'10]: Student/Captain FRC 11 - MORT
  #15   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-18-2018, 08:01 AM
no team

Currently at 639-274.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: