OCCRA
Go to Post This is the hint that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people start guessing not knowing what it was, and they'll continue to guess forever just because... - JaneYoung [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > ChiefDelphi.com Website > Extra Discussion
CD-Media   CD-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-15-2004, 08:45 PM
Hoonigan
AKA: Alexander S. McGee
no team (no team)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 1998
Alexander McGee has a reputation beyond reputeAlexander McGee has a reputation beyond reputeAlexander McGee has a reputation beyond reputeAlexander McGee has a reputation beyond reputeAlexander McGee has a reputation beyond reputeAlexander McGee has a reputation beyond reputeAlexander McGee has a reputation beyond reputeAlexander McGee has a reputation beyond reputeAlexander McGee has a reputation beyond reputeAlexander McGee has a reputation beyond reputeAlexander McGee has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Alexander McGee Send a message via Yahoo to Alexander McGee
pic: Controllers

#2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-15-2004, 08:47 PM
AKA: Shirley
#1159 (Ramona Rampage)
Team Role: Leadership

Rookie Year: 2004
n0cturnalxb will become famous soon enoughn0cturnalxb will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to n0cturnalxb Send a message via MSN to n0cturnalxb
Re: pic: Controllers

Whoa, this is just.. whoa.. wow..

Heheh, I shouldn't have looked at this. Now I'm not just in awe.. I want to build one for my team now! Too bad we don't really have the extra money to spend on materials and stuff.. and I don't have too much spare time to spend on designing and building something like that

It's so pretty! And.. I love blue, so.. -drool-
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-15-2004, 09:22 PM
Never look back, no, never say die
AKA: Always attack with the warrior's cry...
FRC #1293 (Pandamaniacs); FTC #11444 (Garnet Squadron) (Also, CD mod.)
Team Role: Mentor

Billfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond repute

That. Is. Sexy.

If I show this to our drivers this year, why do I get the feeling I'm going to have to find a nearby Cadillac dealer? And run to Auto Zone to get spinners for a cart?
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-15-2004, 09:29 PM
Unsung FIRST Hero
NYC FIRST Planning Committee Member
no team (NYC FIRST)

Rookie Year: 1999
Rich Wong has a reputation beyond reputeRich Wong has a reputation beyond reputeRich Wong has a reputation beyond reputeRich Wong has a reputation beyond reputeRich Wong has a reputation beyond reputeRich Wong has a reputation beyond reputeRich Wong has a reputation beyond reputeRich Wong has a reputation beyond reputeRich Wong has a reputation beyond reputeRich Wong has a reputation beyond reputeRich Wong has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Rich Wong

SWEEEEET!

Now.... all you need is nice pair of Jensens or JBLs and YOU ARE READY TO ROCK!
Member of Friends of Robots
Member of NYCFIRST Planning Committee
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-16-2004, 08:43 AM
Hero or Villian? You decide.
AKA: Shadow/Mike
None #0501 (Power Knights)
Team Role: Programmer

Rookie Year: 2003
VGMasterShadow is on a distinguished road

Ooooh, shiny glowy thingy with lots of buttons.

Very nice controller, and very amusing, but mostly amusing.
STILL #1 at Super Smash Bros. Melee. OBEY THE KIRBY.
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-20-2004, 12:09 PM
Never look back, no, never say die
AKA: Always attack with the warrior's cry...
FRC #1293 (Pandamaniacs); FTC #11444 (Garnet Squadron) (Also, CD mod.)

Billfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond repute

I'll throw out one question...what's up with the seat belt buckle on the side in the bottom picture? And the small box on the right in that one?

2004-2006: FRC 1293 (D5 Robotics) - Student, Mentor, Coach
2007-2009: FRC 1618 (Capital Robotics) - Mentor, Coach
2009-2013: FRC 2815 (Los Pollos Locos) - Mentor, Coach - Palmetto '09, Peachtree '11, Palmetto '11, Palmetto '12
2010: FRC 1398 (Keenan Robo-Raiders) - Mentor - Palmetto '10
2014-2016: FRC 4901 (Garnet Squadron) - Co-Founder and Head Bot Coach - Orlando '14, SCRIW '16
2017: FRC 5402 (Iron Kings) - Mentor, Coach (oh, and I worked at AndyMark during this time)
2018-: FRC 1293 (Pandamaniacs) - Mentor

113 events (more than will fit in a ChiefDelphi signature), 15 seasons, over 74,500 miles, and still on a mission from Bob.
Rule #1: Do not die. Rule #2: Be respectful. Rule #3: Be safe. Rule #4: Follow the handbook.
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-20-2004, 12:17 PM
Hoonigan
no team (no team)

Alexander McGee has a reputation beyond reputeAlexander McGee has a reputation beyond reputeAlexander McGee has a reputation beyond reputeAlexander McGee has a reputation beyond reputeAlexander McGee has a reputation beyond reputeAlexander McGee has a reputation beyond reputeAlexander McGee has a reputation beyond reputeAlexander McGee has a reputation beyond reputeAlexander McGee has a reputation beyond reputeAlexander McGee has a reputation beyond reputeAlexander McGee has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Alexander McGee Send a message via Yahoo to Alexander McGee

Ahh yes.

The seatbelt buckeles are for a strap with the male ends of a seatbelt. You could "buckle up" and throw it over your shoulder like a gym bag. At 15 lbs, it was a nice feature.

The box at the end is actually a battery pack for a Bosch drill motor (like the old drills from 2002). This powers the LED's and neons, as well as providing a source of power for the RC controller. This way, we could sit in the back of a trailer at a parade, and drive the robot alongslide without a tether or AC current to the controller.

It took me 6 horus to build the first one. Then, i re-read the rules and realized it was 6 inches too long. For fun, i took it to the band saw and cut off 6 inches. It looked kinda funny. Anyways, it took only 2 hours to do the second one, because i had all the dimensions drawn out now, and knew how everything would fit.

It's all made of aluminum, and is fairly inexpensive to make. The lights costed 20 bucks total, the aluminum worked out to around 35 dollars, and the seatbelts were free from a scrap bin.

I plan on helping my students come up with something awsome this year. Stay tuned.
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-20-2004, 12:25 PM
Support STEM Education
FRC #3301 (Jay County Robotics)
Team Role: Teacher

Kyle Love has a reputation beyond reputeKyle Love has a reputation beyond reputeKyle Love has a reputation beyond reputeKyle Love has a reputation beyond reputeKyle Love has a reputation beyond reputeKyle Love has a reputation beyond reputeKyle Love has a reputation beyond reputeKyle Love has a reputation beyond reputeKyle Love has a reputation beyond reputeKyle Love has a reputation beyond reputeKyle Love has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billfred
That. Is. Sexy.

If I show this to our drivers this year, why do I get the feeling I'm going to have to find a nearby Cadillac dealer? And run to Auto Zone to get spinners for a cart?
I agree that is really sexy next year put spinners on your robot and then everything woud be pimped!

-Kyle

Kyle Love
Teams I've been on:
Team 45 - The TechnoKats - Student/Leader/Driver 2004-2007
Team 1646 - Boiler Precision Guessworks - Mentor 2007-2011
Team 3301 - Jay County Robotics - Teacher 2011-Present

#9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-21-2004, 09:31 PM
I am a physics god
AKA: Alex
FRC #1418 (Vae Victus)
Team Role: Leadership

NotaNerd will become famous soon enough

Where are the rules on controller size? I've never seen anything about that before.
  #10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-21-2004, 09:56 PM
AKA: Cory McBride
FRC #0254 (The Cheesy Poofs)

Rookie Year: 2001
Cory has a reputation beyond reputeCory has a reputation beyond reputeCory has a reputation beyond reputeCory has a reputation beyond reputeCory has a reputation beyond reputeCory has a reputation beyond reputeCory has a reputation beyond reputeCory has a reputation beyond reputeCory has a reputation beyond reputeCory has a reputation beyond reputeCory has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotaNerd
Where are the rules on controller size? I've never seen anything about that before.
There are no rules perse, you'll just have one end of your controls hanging off in space since the controls tray only goes out a certain distance.
  #11   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-21-2004, 11:34 PM
Rich Ross
no team (The Rat Pack)
Team Role: Alumni

pakrat is just really nicepakrat is just really nicepakrat is just really nicepakrat is just really nicepakrat is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to pakrat

kinda matches with the blue gound FX our bot had. for example http://www.huronrobotics.com/gallery/2004/index.htm
theres a bunch in there
  #12   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-22-2004, 07:09 AM
Hoonigan
no team (no team)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory
There are no rules perse, you'll just have one end of your controls hanging off in space since the controls tray only goes out a certain distance.
Actually, read carefully.

It says that the controller board may not exceed 48". It did last year. This is to ensure that the board will fit on the platform that they provide. I forget where this is documented, but it's so you don't hit the e-stop button, or damage it since it is on the opposite side of the center. Else, you would be taking up the space for your alliance member. If you get two teams with large boards, things get awkward fast.

Not a heavilly enforced rule, but i didn't want to make it awkward for myself while driving.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: