OCCRA
Go to Post The more women we have as 'rock stars' in FIRST, the more girls we'll see celebrating math and science and the doors they can open. - JaneYoung [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Technical > Control System
CD-Media   CD-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Closed Thread
  #1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-16-2008, 05:47 PM
FRC #2523
Team Role: Student

Rookie Year: 2008
Ryank is an unknown quantity at this point
Can we put the OI on battery power

All it says in the rules is that any laptop device connected to the OI must be on battery power, does this also apply to the OI itself. Do I or can I make a battery bank of 12V batteries to the OI or is there literally just a dc plug provided at the match?
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-16-2008, 05:49 PM
New year, new team
FRC #1197 (Torbots)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2003
EricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Can we put the OI on battery power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryank View Post
All it says in the rules is that any laptop device connected to the OI must be on battery power, does this also apply to the OI itself. Do I or can I make a battery bank of 12V batteries to the OI or is there literally just a dc plug provided at the match?
The OI gets power through the competition port at competition.

"Rockets are tricky..."--Elon Musk

#3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-16-2008, 08:00 PM
Needs to change his user title.
AKA: Eric Haskins
no team (CARD #6 (SCOE))
Team Role: College Student

Rookie Year: 2006
EHaskins has a reputation beyond reputeEHaskins has a reputation beyond reputeEHaskins has a reputation beyond reputeEHaskins has a reputation beyond reputeEHaskins has a reputation beyond reputeEHaskins has a reputation beyond reputeEHaskins has a reputation beyond reputeEHaskins has a reputation beyond reputeEHaskins has a reputation beyond reputeEHaskins has a reputation beyond reputeEHaskins has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to EHaskins
Re: Can we put the OI on battery power

You can power the OI using batteries, but it isn't needed for competition.

I use a 9.6v RC car rechargeable, and an adapter to connect it to the OI. You can get everything you need at RadioShack for <$20.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: