OCCRA
Go to Post Dave was an evil genius in his previous life. - Koko Ed [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Competition > Team Organization > Finding A Team
CD-Media  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-24-2018, 12:58 PM
Mentor/Coach
FRC #7450 (oTECH AIMBOTS)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2002
The_ShamWOW88 is a splendid one to beholdThe_ShamWOW88 is a splendid one to beholdThe_ShamWOW88 is a splendid one to beholdThe_ShamWOW88 is a splendid one to beholdThe_ShamWOW88 is a splendid one to beholdThe_ShamWOW88 is a splendid one to beholdThe_ShamWOW88 is a splendid one to behold
Experienced Mentor looking for new home

Hey CD!

I've been a long-time member of team 157, the Aztechs, out of Marlborough, MA. However, I've relocated to Kissimmee, FL over the summer and now am without a team!

After some mulling around, and more importantly, convincing of my significant other, I've decided to see if there are any teams in my area that might be in need of some mentor help.

If there are any central FL teams in need of mentor help or any rookies that could use experienced mentorship, reach out to me!

-Shamus

"The best way to predict the future is design it"

"Striving for excellence through inspiration"
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-24-2018, 01:45 PM
Always Scouting
AKA: James Comstock
FRC #0179 (The Children of The Swamp)
Team Role: Tactician

Rookie Year: 2006
MARS_James has a reputation beyond reputeMARS_James has a reputation beyond reputeMARS_James has a reputation beyond reputeMARS_James has a reputation beyond reputeMARS_James has a reputation beyond reputeMARS_James has a reputation beyond reputeMARS_James has a reputation beyond reputeMARS_James has a reputation beyond reputeMARS_James has a reputation beyond reputeMARS_James has a reputation beyond reputeMARS_James has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to MARS_James
Re: Experienced Mentor looking for new home

We are a little outside the central florida area but I have contacts on a lot of teams in that area, what are your area(s) of expertise, and how long are you willing to travel to help, as this will help me point teams within your travel time to you/this thread.

#3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-24-2018, 01:53 PM
FRC #1557 (12 Volt Bolt)

Rookie Year: 2014
MarkVitek is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome to Central Florida. The team that jumps into my head is The Moose, Team 1065. They are based out of Osceola High School in Kissimmee and are a top-flight team. You can contact Roger Johnston at Roger.Johnston[at]osceolaschools[dot]net

If you don't mind the drive, my Team 1557 in Eustis, FL is always looking for good, experienced mentors. We'd be about 40 minutes away, give or take the traffic. ;-)

Good luck!

Mark Vitek
Lead Mentor Emeritus
Team 1557 - 12 Volt Bolt
Eustis, FL

Last edited by Dez : 10-25-2018 at 02:25 AM. Reason: email link removed
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-24-2018, 02:34 PM
Mentor/Coach

The_ShamWOW88 is a splendid one to beholdThe_ShamWOW88 is a splendid one to beholdThe_ShamWOW88 is a splendid one to beholdThe_ShamWOW88 is a splendid one to beholdThe_ShamWOW88 is a splendid one to beholdThe_ShamWOW88 is a splendid one to beholdThe_ShamWOW88 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkVitek View Post
Welcome to Central Florida. The team that jumps into my head is The Moose, Team 1065. They are based out of Osceola High School in Kissimmee and are a top-flight team. You can contact Roger Johnston at Roger.Johnston[at]osceolaschools[dot]net

If you don't mind the drive, my Team 1557 in Eustis, FL is always looking for good, experienced mentors. We'd be about 40 minutes away, give or take the traffic. ;-)

Good luck!

Mark Vitek
Lead Mentor Emeritus
Team 1557 - 12 Volt Bolt
Eustis, FL
Thanks for the info Mark!

I'll send Roger an email.

PS, no joke about the traffic haha

Last edited by Dez : 10-25-2018 at 02:26 AM. Reason: email link removed
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-24-2018, 03:47 PM
FRC #5429

Rookie Year: 2015
ScoutMom700 is an unknown quantity at this point

There is a couple rookie teams out there too. 7450 is in Kissimmee and 7728 is in Windermere.
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-25-2018, 02:19 AM
54... What a good number!
AKA: Michael Dessingue
no team

Rookie Year: 2000
Dez has a reputation beyond reputeDez has a reputation beyond reputeDez has a reputation beyond reputeDez has a reputation beyond reputeDez has a reputation beyond reputeDez has a reputation beyond reputeDez has a reputation beyond reputeDez has a reputation beyond reputeDez has a reputation beyond reputeDez has a reputation beyond reputeDez has a reputation beyond repute

Shamus- FRC 7450 is a rookie team for the 2019 season located in Kissimmee through Osceola Technical College and are currently registered for the Orlando and South Florida regionals. FRC 1065 is also in Kissimmee, and have a couple members active here and are active at Osceola High School. If you need to find a way to contact them, send me a message and I can point you in the right direction.
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-25-2018, 07:29 AM
Mentor/Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dez View Post
Shamus- FRC 7450 is a rookie team for the 2019 season located in Kissimmee through Osceola Technical College and are currently registered for the Orlando and South Florida regionals. FRC 1065 is also in Kissimmee, and have a couple members active here and are active at Osceola High School. If you need to find a way to contact them, send me a message and I can point you in the right direction.
Hey Dez, PM'd you

#8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-25-2018, 07:54 AM
Team Mom
AKA: Wendy Austin
FRC #5816 (Gra-V)

Rookie Year: 2006
wendymom has a reputation beyond reputewendymom has a reputation beyond reputewendymom has a reputation beyond reputewendymom has a reputation beyond reputewendymom has a reputation beyond reputewendymom has a reputation beyond reputewendymom has a reputation beyond reputewendymom has a reputation beyond reputewendymom has a reputation beyond reputewendymom has a reputation beyond reputewendymom has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Experienced Mentor looking for new home

Hello and welcome to Central Florida. Iím the Regional Director here in Orlando. We do have two brand new rookies in the area that absolutely could use some help. Please email me at waustin[at]firstinspires[dot]org and I can introduce you to the lead mentors If you want to get involved at the Regional level I can help there too. If you just need a home cooked meal, I can make that happen too

Last edited by Dez : 10-26-2018 at 02:20 AM. Reason: removed hyperlink
  #9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-25-2018, 08:28 AM
2015-18 Championship Divisional LRI
AKA: Dana P. Henry
FRC #0839 (Rosie Robotics)

Rosiebotboss has a reputation beyond reputeRosiebotboss has a reputation beyond reputeRosiebotboss has a reputation beyond reputeRosiebotboss has a reputation beyond reputeRosiebotboss has a reputation beyond reputeRosiebotboss has a reputation beyond reputeRosiebotboss has a reputation beyond reputeRosiebotboss has a reputation beyond reputeRosiebotboss has a reputation beyond reputeRosiebotboss has a reputation beyond reputeRosiebotboss has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Rosiebotboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendymom View Post
Hello and welcome to Central Florida. Iím the Regional Director here in Orlando. We do have two brand new rookies in the area that absolutely could use some help. Please email me at waustin[at]firstinspires[dot]org and I can introduce you to the lead mentors If you want to get involved at the Regional level I can help there too. If you just need a home cooked meal, I can make that happen too
Your FIRST Senior Mentor, Andy Milluzzi is also a good resource, amilluzzi[at]firstinspires[dot]org
KPCB Entrepreneurship 04, 05, 06, 07, 10, 11, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
Rookie All Star and Top Rookie Seed 2002
Paul Harris Fellow, CMP Inspector 05-16, Head LRI NE FIRST JTB 1944-2008 "What did you do with your dash?"

Last edited by Dez : 10-26-2018 at 02:20 AM. Reason: removed hyperlink

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: