OCCRA
Go to Post When we design these systems ask " would I want my Mom (or daughter) standing next to this thing when it goes off? - Mike Betts [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Technical > Kit & Additional Hardware
CD-Media  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#46   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-28-2018, 10:20 AM
Somebody Else
AKA: Gus Michel II
no team
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2013
GeeTwo has a reputation beyond reputeGeeTwo has a reputation beyond reputeGeeTwo has a reputation beyond reputeGeeTwo has a reputation beyond reputeGeeTwo has a reputation beyond reputeGeeTwo has a reputation beyond reputeGeeTwo has a reputation beyond reputeGeeTwo has a reputation beyond reputeGeeTwo has a reputation beyond reputeGeeTwo has a reputation beyond reputeGeeTwo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Interesting AM14U2 and AM14U3 upgrades

Quote:
Originally Posted by philso View Post
This is great, Gus. Thanks for putting it together and making it available.

Have you been able to replace the motors by accessing the mounting screws through the holes in the outer plate? Would the 10-32's drop into the gearbox?
You're welcome!
With 4" wheels, no; you'd have to go through the tread. It looks like 6" or 8" hi-grips should work; I'll try a test of this in coming days. [edit]Yes, an 8" 2010 wheel has plenty of clearance, and AM's drawings show even more space on the 6" and 8" hi-grips. Note that you need a 5/32" allen wrench about 5" long to reach all the way through; this is definitely longer than many. The only one I have which reaches is the Eklind 51610 which I purchased at the local Ace Hardware, but is also available from MSC and others.[/edit] If you turn the gearbox sideways so the CIMs extend upward, it is possible to remove the CIM screws and lower them through the access holes in the shaft plate, then re-insert them the same way. (In both cases, put one screw in/out halfway, do the other, and finish up the first.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by philso View Post
.."Notes pages"..
Thanks, this is what I was planning to do.

Also, the demo robot I brought. with my size 10-1/2 foot for scale. The versaframe channels are there as a "stub" to show how to attach VF to the chassis. Also made a good example for Curtis' bumper and inspection talk. I also discovered that Home Depo's piano hinge is highly compatible with the kit chassis and versaframe. OBTW, I'm considering making this into a gear runner, and at least mocking up a legal control system as an exercise in the art of the possible. I'll likely switch to a bottom-access battery as I add stuff on top.

Note - in order to fit the CIM at the far left, I had to trim a bit from the outer sheet at that end. I trimmed all the way back to the outer row of holes, but I could have removed much less and have the motor fit, but I figured with a 9" span, I could make do with less material.

Not also that if you made this a bit wider (1.5"?), you could do a 4 mini-CIM drive.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BW-bot.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	433.6 KB
ID:	23621  Click image for larger version

Name:	BW-bot-under.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	584.2 KB
ID:	23622  

If you can't find time to do it right, how are you going to find time to do it over?
If you don't pass it on, it never happened.
Robots are great, but inspiration is the reason we're here.
Friends don't let friends use master links.
[Quoting brennonbrimhall]: We design a new robot every year, but we can't forget that we also design a new team every year as folks come and go.

Last edited by GeeTwo : 10-29-2018 at 07:04 PM.
  #47   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-03-2018, 11:52 AM
Somebody Else
AKA: Gus Michel II
no team
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2013
GeeTwo has a reputation beyond reputeGeeTwo has a reputation beyond reputeGeeTwo has a reputation beyond reputeGeeTwo has a reputation beyond reputeGeeTwo has a reputation beyond reputeGeeTwo has a reputation beyond reputeGeeTwo has a reputation beyond reputeGeeTwo has a reputation beyond reputeGeeTwo has a reputation beyond reputeGeeTwo has a reputation beyond reputeGeeTwo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Interesting AM14U2 and AM14U3 upgrades

I have attached the brief as notes pages with a few updates.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Bayou-Workshop-2018-KoP-Chassis-post.pdf (2.01 MB, 28 views)

If you can't find time to do it right, how are you going to find time to do it over?
If you don't pass it on, it never happened.
Robots are great, but inspiration is the reason we're here.
Friends don't let friends use master links.
[Quoting brennonbrimhall]: We design a new robot every year, but we can't forget that we also design a new team every year as folks come and go.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: