OCCRA
Go to Post Off time, at a regional? What is that? - DonRotolo [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > General Forum
CD-Media   CD-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

View Poll Results: What event are you looking most forward to in 2018?
Ragional (post which one) 32 26.02%
District event (post which one) 11 8.94%
District Championship (post which one) 38 30.89%
Championships (North, South or both) 23 18.70%
Festival of Champions 9 7.32%
Off Season (post which one) 6 4.88%
Other (post what it is) 4 3.25%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-08-2017, 08:21 AM
Serial Volunteer
AKA: Ed Patterson
FRC #0191

Rookie Year: 2002
Koko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond repute
What Events Are You Looking The Most Forward to in 2018?

With the closing of the 2017 season upon us and 2018 fast approaching what event (or events) are you most looking forward to seeing in 2018?
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-08-2017, 08:32 AM
Serial Volunteer
FRC #0191

Koko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What Events Are You Looking The Most Forward to in 2018?

I got a top 10.

1. IRI The pinnacle of FIRST competition.
2. MSC The level of competition at MSC from start to finish surpasses the championships, in my opinion.
3. Rah Cha Cha Ruckus Gotta love your babies.
4. FLR There's no place like home
5. BattlecrySo much fun!
6 SuperRegional North The splitting of the championships have diluted the competition the field but it is no less important.
6. SuperRegonal South Driving down south with Ben, Jazzy and Abby and going on championship tour was one of the highlights of the season. I'm hoping my job situation allows e to do it again.
8.MAR ChampionshipsGreat teams and great people.
9. Orlando RegionalMy much needed early tour, post build sun infusion with some of my favorite people in FIRST!
10. Central New York RegionalA new regional and the introduction to Power Up make this a must!
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-08-2017, 08:38 AM
Keeping Score
AKA: Doug Frisk
FRC #2512
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2011
Doug Frisk has a reputation beyond reputeDoug Frisk has a reputation beyond reputeDoug Frisk has a reputation beyond reputeDoug Frisk has a reputation beyond reputeDoug Frisk has a reputation beyond reputeDoug Frisk has a reputation beyond reputeDoug Frisk has a reputation beyond reputeDoug Frisk has a reputation beyond reputeDoug Frisk has a reputation beyond reputeDoug Frisk has a reputation beyond reputeDoug Frisk has a reputation beyond repute

Grand Forks North Dakota. I love that new event smell.
2015 MNDU2, ILPE, MNMI2, Champs, MN Championship, Gitchie Gummie, MRI, Mini Minnie
2014 MNDU2, ILCH, MNMI2, Champs, MN Championship, Gitchie Gummie, Mini Minnie
2013 MNDU, CMP, Mini Minnie
2012 MNDU
Scorekeeper, Practice Field, UL Safety Advisor, Queuing, Field Supervisor
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-08-2017, 08:47 AM
That Guy
AKA: Phil
FRC #0103 (Cybersonics)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2007
Cyberphil has a brilliant futureCyberphil has a brilliant futureCyberphil has a brilliant futureCyberphil has a brilliant futureCyberphil has a brilliant futureCyberphil has a brilliant futureCyberphil has a brilliant futureCyberphil has a brilliant futureCyberphil has a brilliant futureCyberphil has a brilliant futureCyberphil has a brilliant future

Michigan District Championship is always an incredible event to watch. It always has such an incredibly deep field, often more so than later events.

Also looking forward to my first time being field supervisor at the Montgomery district event!
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-08-2017, 09:00 AM
Serial Volunteer
FRC #0191

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberphil View Post
Michigan District Championship is always an incredible event to watch. It always has such an incredibly deep field, often more so than later events.

Also looking forward to my first time being field supervisor at the Montgomery district event!
The webcast probably cannot give off the energy the arena had when Saturday started. It was intense! It was electric! I had goosebumps! That doesn't happen as much at events anymore for me.
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-08-2017, 09:06 AM
FRC #2502

Whatever has a reputation beyond reputeWhatever has a reputation beyond reputeWhatever has a reputation beyond reputeWhatever has a reputation beyond reputeWhatever has a reputation beyond reputeWhatever has a reputation beyond reputeWhatever has a reputation beyond reputeWhatever has a reputation beyond reputeWhatever has a reputation beyond reputeWhatever has a reputation beyond reputeWhatever has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Frisk View Post
Grand Forks North Dakota. I love that new event smell.
It also is looking like it will be an interesting set of teams for a week 1 event.
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-08-2017, 09:10 AM
AKA: Neal Manson
FRC #1481 (The Riveters)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2013
Nyxyxylyth is a splendid one to beholdNyxyxylyth is a splendid one to beholdNyxyxylyth is a splendid one to beholdNyxyxylyth is a splendid one to beholdNyxyxylyth is a splendid one to beholdNyxyxylyth is a splendid one to beholdNyxyxylyth is a splendid one to beholdNyxyxylyth is a splendid one to behold

I voted for MICMP, but in retrospect it's gotta be the offseason Big Bang event, hosted by the amazing 280 TnT. Pure fun.
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-08-2017, 09:11 AM
Temporarily Misplaced FIRSTer
AKA: Zach Cloud
FRC #1002 (The CircuitRunners)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2012
zachrobo1 has much to be proud ofzachrobo1 has much to be proud ofzachrobo1 has much to be proud ofzachrobo1 has much to be proud ofzachrobo1 has much to be proud ofzachrobo1 has much to be proud ofzachrobo1 has much to be proud ofzachrobo1 has much to be proud of

Every year I look forward to the PCH District Championship. Competing at U(sic)*GA's basketball coliseum has been fantastic.

I especially enjoy getting to see the level of competition rise each year in the district, and all of that hard work across the state is shown at this event. It's been great to see Georgia grow over the past five years.

*Tech all the way

2012-2016: Team Member
2016-??: Mentor
  #9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-08-2017, 09:32 AM
FRC #2791 (Shaker Robotics)
Team Role: Driver

Rookie Year: 2016
KaranY will become famous soon enough

Looking forward to the new central NY regional and IRI. It will be cool to see the change in game strategies and robot adaptations between the 2 events.
  #10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-08-2017, 09:34 AM
FF: Blucifer
FRC #0159 (Alpine Robotics)
Team Role: Leadership

Rookie Year: 2015
Thayer McCollum has a reputation beyond reputeThayer McCollum has a reputation beyond reputeThayer McCollum has a reputation beyond reputeThayer McCollum has a reputation beyond reputeThayer McCollum has a reputation beyond reputeThayer McCollum has a reputation beyond reputeThayer McCollum has a reputation beyond reputeThayer McCollum has a reputation beyond reputeThayer McCollum has a reputation beyond reputeThayer McCollum has a reputation beyond reputeThayer McCollum has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't been to very many events so I'm not very objective, but I love me some Denver Regional.

It's always a high-energy party, for pretty much three days straight. I think the spectator section on the floor by the field is what really contributes to this. I'd like to see more events with something similar (I realize it's not possible at all venues but still).
  #11   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-08-2017, 09:47 AM
Serial Volunteer
FRC #0191

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thayer McCollum View Post
I haven't been to very many events so I'm not very objective, but I love me some Denver Regional.

It's always a high-energy party, for pretty much three days straight. I think the spectator section on the floor by the field is what really contributes to this. I'd like to see more events with something similar (I realize it's not possible at all venues but still).
FLR does. We allow people to stand around the sides of the field and it has caused some friction with teams that aren't used to it and at the Rah Cha Cha Ruckus we bypassed setting up bleachers and let people stand around the side of the field. Because the arena seating is located on the second floor the people on the sides of the field do not cause any issue.
  #12   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-08-2017, 10:23 AM
FRC #5254 (HYPE), FRC #20 (The Rocketeers)
Team Role: College Student

Rookie Year: 2011
Kevin Leonard has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Leonard has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Leonard has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Leonard has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Leonard has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Leonard has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Leonard has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Leonard has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Leonard has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Leonard has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Leonard has a reputation beyond repute

I'm pumped for the new Central NY Regional. The team list is pretty incredible. Teams from all over NY are coming to the event, and we've even attracted 27 from Michigan, 319 from New England, and 2016 from MAR to join us for the fun.
And as of now, our one rookie team at the event is coming all the way from China- Team 7081!
  #13   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-08-2017, 11:05 AM
Strategy 'n Stuff
AKA: Nate Johansen
FRC #0074 (Team C.H.A.O.S.)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2014
natejo99 will become famous soon enoughnatejo99 will become famous soon enough

I've gotta put a vote in for MSC. It's always been one of my favorite events, especially since they expanded to 4 divisions last year. Each field was extremely diverse, but deep in their own respects, which made for an exciting and intense event, something I'm looking forward to again this year.
2017-Present - Student, Kettering University

#14   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-08-2017, 11:08 AM
Trying to kick the CD habit
AKA: Nicholas Dal Porto
FRC #5940 (B.R.E.A.D.)
Team Role: Student

Rookie Year: 2012
frcguy has a reputation beyond reputefrcguy has a reputation beyond reputefrcguy has a reputation beyond reputefrcguy has a reputation beyond reputefrcguy has a reputation beyond reputefrcguy has a reputation beyond reputefrcguy has a reputation beyond reputefrcguy has a reputation beyond reputefrcguy has a reputation beyond reputefrcguy has a reputation beyond reputefrcguy has a reputation beyond repute

Looking forward to Chezy Champs and Capital City Classic. Both events are a ton of fun, and I love volunteering to help make the events a successful experience for the teams.

Team 5940: 2015-

Volunteer: FTAA (2016-present)

2 years, over 4000 miles covered. Check out where I've been and where I'm going!
  #15   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-08-2017, 11:37 AM
AKA: Dylan
FRC #3495 (Mindcraft Robotics)
Team Role: Mechanical

Rookie Year: 2015
isjustaprankbro is on a distinguished road

I'm planning on volunteering for the next capital city classic next year. It'll be my first time volunteering at an frc event, and I'm excited to make some new connections!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: