OCCRA
Go to Post I need someone to kick me out...unfortunately that would have to be me... - Mark McLeod [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Announcements
CD-Media   CD-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 4.33 average. Display Modes
  #16   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-13-2010, 06:56 AM
FRC #1514 (Vikings)

Rookie Year: 2009
whcirobotics is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: A Public Service Announcement, in a way.

How do you start a new thread? I had seem to know how to do it before but its been a long time. Can someone tell me where i go to start a new thread?
Tnx
  #17   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-13-2010, 06:59 AM
Cogito ergo arbitro
no team

Rookie Year: 2000
GaryVoshol has a reputation beyond reputeGaryVoshol has a reputation beyond reputeGaryVoshol has a reputation beyond reputeGaryVoshol has a reputation beyond reputeGaryVoshol has a reputation beyond reputeGaryVoshol has a reputation beyond reputeGaryVoshol has a reputation beyond reputeGaryVoshol has a reputation beyond reputeGaryVoshol has a reputation beyond reputeGaryVoshol has a reputation beyond reputeGaryVoshol has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by whcirobotics View Post
How do you start a new thread?
When you are in a forum - not in a thread - there is a "New Thread" blue button at the top and bottom of the list. The buttons are in the same position as the "Post Reply" buttons in a thread.
  #18   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-13-2010, 07:13 AM
FRC #1514 (Vikings)

I went under "new posts" on top bar, and clicked All Forums. on both "last week" and "within 24-hr" but i still do not find the "new thread" button?

Tnx
  #19   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-13-2010, 07:32 AM
Event Ready
AKA: @taylorstem
FRC #3487 (Red Pride Robotics)
Team Role: Teacher

Rookie Year: 2006
Taylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond repute

Try this - next to the Wings of Fire logo at the top of the page, click on "Chief Delphi". This will take you to the Forums page. From there, scroll down to find the proper forum along the left side in which you would like to place your new thread, and click on it. Near the top-left of the page, there should be a "New Thread" button. That's what you want.
  #20   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-13-2010, 07:40 AM
FRC #1514 (Vikings)

Thanks!! it worked! finally i can ask my questions thank you very much

1514 Whci Robotics
  #21   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-13-2010, 08:41 AM
Blue Shirt
no team

Rookie Year: 2003
JohnBoucher has a reputation beyond reputeJohnBoucher has a reputation beyond reputeJohnBoucher has a reputation beyond reputeJohnBoucher has a reputation beyond reputeJohnBoucher has a reputation beyond reputeJohnBoucher has a reputation beyond reputeJohnBoucher has a reputation beyond reputeJohnBoucher has a reputation beyond reputeJohnBoucher has a reputation beyond reputeJohnBoucher has a reputation beyond reputeJohnBoucher has a reputation beyond repute

Thread titles.
I am seeing more and more threads with titles that do not describe what the thread is about. As with email subject lines, you need a strong title to get people to read the email or thread. The better the title/subject the more eyes you will have looking at it.

I filter my email by sender and subject. If the subject does not interest me, I usually trash it. The same holds true for this forum. The better the title, the better the answers you will get.
  #22   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-23-2010, 06:20 AM
no team

davidwillson is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnabel View Post
You forgot your sarcasm identifiers!
What is the difference between quickreply and regular reply (aside from the obvious)? Is a regular reply read before it is posted?
  #23   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-23-2010, 07:12 AM
Developing tomorrow's best people
AKA: Alex Tannahill
no team

Rookie Year: 2008
ATannahill has a reputation beyond reputeATannahill has a reputation beyond reputeATannahill has a reputation beyond reputeATannahill has a reputation beyond reputeATannahill has a reputation beyond reputeATannahill has a reputation beyond reputeATannahill has a reputation beyond reputeATannahill has a reputation beyond reputeATannahill has a reputation beyond reputeATannahill has a reputation beyond reputeATannahill has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidwillson View Post
What is the difference between quickreply and regular reply (aside from the obvious)? Is a regular reply read before it is posted?
The only difference is that regular reply takes you to a reply page that has more options.

I base my answers off of the game manual, Q&A responses and field tour videos at the time of my post. Rules will probably be modified or clarified between this post and your competition. My post means nothing to event officials. Please keep up with team manual updates and the FRC Q&A.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: