Go to Post Truly listening to the wealth of advice around you is so important. Don't work in a vacuum all season long. - OZ_341 [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Technical > Control System
CD-Media   CD-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-12-2018, 09:52 AM
FRC #5944 (Robotic Pioneers)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2016
brymor31 is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Issues with radio after Events

So yesterday we decided to run our robot for the first time since competition, we plugged it in and hit configure erasing the field data like normal. After we configured the radio we attempted to connect to the driver station via wireless connection, our driver station computer did not pick up the signal for the radio, after bout 10 minutes of waiting we decided to try connecting it via ethernet cable again we noticed that the radio was not appereing for our driver station, but was appering for other computer via wireless, the only thing out of placed on the bot is the Power Distrubution Panel is flashing yellow as a fault I don't how to fix that or if it even has anything to do with it. Has anyone had this issue and how do i fix it, any suggestions.
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-12-2018, 10:09 AM
Developing tomorrow's best people
AKA: Alex Tannahill
no team

Rookie Year: 2008
ATannahill has a reputation beyond reputeATannahill has a reputation beyond reputeATannahill has a reputation beyond reputeATannahill has a reputation beyond reputeATannahill has a reputation beyond reputeATannahill has a reputation beyond reputeATannahill has a reputation beyond reputeATannahill has a reputation beyond reputeATannahill has a reputation beyond reputeATannahill has a reputation beyond reputeATannahill has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Issues with radio after Events

Hello.

Can you see any other wifi networks on your driver station computer? I suspect the wifi adapter might be disabled. Try following the windows 7 instructions here.

I base my answers off of the game manual, Q&A responses and field tour videos at the time of my post. Rules will probably be modified or clarified between this post and your competition. My post means nothing to event officials. Please keep up with team manual updates and the FRC Q&A.
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-12-2018, 12:39 PM
RobotPy Guy
AKA: Dustin Spicuzza
FRC #6367 (), FRC #7240 ()
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2003
virtuald has a brilliant futurevirtuald has a brilliant futurevirtuald has a brilliant futurevirtuald has a brilliant futurevirtuald has a brilliant futurevirtuald has a brilliant futurevirtuald has a brilliant futurevirtuald has a brilliant futurevirtuald has a brilliant futurevirtuald has a brilliant futurevirtuald has a brilliant future

The WPA2 key on the radio is set to something event-specific at the event. You will need to use the FRC Radio Tool to reprogram your radio before you use it outside of an event.

https://wpilib.screenstepslive.com/s...ing-your-radio

Team #1418 (remote mentor): Newton Quarterfinalists, 2016 Chesapeake District Champion, 2x Innovation in Control award, 2x district event winner
Team #1418: 2015 DC Regional Innovation In Control Award, #2 seed; 2014 VA Industrial Design Award; 2014 Finalists in DC & VA
Team #2423: 2012 & 2013 Boston Regional Innovation in Control Award

Resources: FIRSTWiki (relaunched!) | My Software Stuff
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-13-2018, 12:44 PM
AKA: Fletch
FRC #1126 (SPARX(1126) and Panthers(3181))
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2003
Fletch1373 has a brilliant futureFletch1373 has a brilliant futureFletch1373 has a brilliant futureFletch1373 has a brilliant futureFletch1373 has a brilliant futureFletch1373 has a brilliant futureFletch1373 has a brilliant futureFletch1373 has a brilliant futureFletch1373 has a brilliant futureFletch1373 has a brilliant futureFletch1373 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by virtuald View Post
The WPA2 key on the radio is set to something event-specific at the event. You will need to use the FRC Radio Tool to reprogram your radio before you use it outside of an event.

https://wpilib.screenstepslive.com/s...ing-your-radio
He said he did that. He also said the network is showing up on another computer. I agree with ATannahill that the adapter is likely just disabled.
<18-??: FRC1126> <15-??: FRC3181> <12-14: FRC0073> <11-12: FRC3555> <09-10: FRC0809>
Volunteer:
<FTAA> <CSA> <Scorekeeper> <Robot Inspector> <and many more...>
2018 Tour:
NYUT[CSA] > CTWAT[FTAA] > NYRO[CSA] > DetCMP[maybe...?]

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: