OCCRA
Go to Post Chief Delphi's Greatest Hits vol. 47: Overreactions to Q&A responses - Lil' Lavery [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > General Forum
CD-Media   CD-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-12-2017, 05:47 PM
Crazy Person
no team (Unoccupied)
Team Role: Mechanical

Rookie Year: 2015
cscottm is just really nicecscottm is just really nicecscottm is just really nicecscottm is just really nicecscottm is just really nice
Signing Up to Mentor

Hi

I'm currently attempting to muddle through signing up to mentor a team, but I find my self incapable.

I have attempted to contact First Support, but they have yet to reply.

What I am specifically trying to do is use a previously existent account that was a youth account, and now that I am an adult, use it to sign up to mentor a team.

I cannot attempt to get into TIMS because the link https://www.firstinspires.org/node/10626 denies my permissions when signed in, or not signed in.

Any and all assistance would be helpful.

#2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-12-2017, 05:51 PM
4513 alum
AKA: Mikal Dieatrick
FRC #4513 (Circuit Breakers)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2014
MikLast has a reputation beyond reputeMikLast has a reputation beyond reputeMikLast has a reputation beyond reputeMikLast has a reputation beyond reputeMikLast has a reputation beyond reputeMikLast has a reputation beyond reputeMikLast has a reputation beyond reputeMikLast has a reputation beyond reputeMikLast has a reputation beyond reputeMikLast has a reputation beyond reputeMikLast has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Signing Up to Mentor

both STIMS and TIMS have changed. You now sign in on the firstinspires website (on top right) and youll be brought to a dashboard. From there you'll want to go to the volunteer tab and click "work with a team."

FRC4513 (Circuit Breakers)
*Student: 2014-2017
*Drive Coach: 2016-2017
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-12-2017, 06:16 PM
Crazy Person
no team (Unoccupied)
Team Role: Mechanical

Rookie Year: 2015
cscottm is just really nicecscottm is just really nicecscottm is just really nicecscottm is just really nicecscottm is just really nice

It's a specific team, and I already have met with them. I am not trying to apply for every team around me by sending an email to the Regional Director.

#4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-12-2017, 06:18 PM
MST Rolla Senior
FRC #2410 (BV CAPS Metal Mustang Robotics)
Team Role: College Student

Rookie Year: 2010
CalTran has a reputation beyond reputeCalTran has a reputation beyond reputeCalTran has a reputation beyond reputeCalTran has a reputation beyond reputeCalTran has a reputation beyond reputeCalTran has a reputation beyond reputeCalTran has a reputation beyond reputeCalTran has a reputation beyond reputeCalTran has a reputation beyond reputeCalTran has a reputation beyond reputeCalTran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cscottm View Post
It's a specific team, and I already have met with them. I am not trying to apply for every team around me by sending an email to the Regional Director.
Either of the primary mentors for the team will have to send you an invite.
  • Theory is when you know everything but nothing works. Practice is when everything works but you don't know why. On our team, theory and practice comes together - nothing works and nobody knows why.
MMR 2410 Student (2010 - 2013) | MMR 2410 Mentor (2013 - Present)
FTC Game Announcer / MC (2014 - Present) | FRC MC (2015 - Present) | FRC Referee (2016) | FTC Referee (2017) | VEX IQ MC (2017) | FRC A/V (2017)
Academic Student (Forever)
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-13-2017, 10:36 AM
Robot Mentor
FRC #2974 (WALT)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2009
FrankJ has a reputation beyond reputeFrankJ has a reputation beyond reputeFrankJ has a reputation beyond reputeFrankJ has a reputation beyond reputeFrankJ has a reputation beyond reputeFrankJ has a reputation beyond reputeFrankJ has a reputation beyond reputeFrankJ has a reputation beyond reputeFrankJ has a reputation beyond reputeFrankJ has a reputation beyond reputeFrankJ has a reputation beyond repute

If you are able to log onto the firstinspires.org site and bring up the dashboard then you pasted the first hurdle. Fill out any missing profile stuff and accept the waiver. Caltran is correct. the first or second mentor will have to send you an invite. Apparently you cannot apply to a team. Unlike the student side of things. Getting to the right email address is important. Then you accept it from one of the pages on the dashboard.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: