Go to Post Bring on the competition! And of course the dancing. :D - booton [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Competition > Thanks and/or Congrats
CD-Media   CD-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Closed Thread
  #1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-02-2005, 06:50 AM
KathieK's Avatar Unsung FIRST Hero
Sometimes FIRST makes my head hurt!
no team

Rookie Year: 2002
KathieK has a reputation beyond reputeKathieK has a reputation beyond reputeKathieK has a reputation beyond reputeKathieK has a reputation beyond reputeKathieK has a reputation beyond reputeKathieK has a reputation beyond reputeKathieK has a reputation beyond reputeKathieK has a reputation beyond reputeKathieK has a reputation beyond reputeKathieK has a reputation beyond reputeKathieK has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to KathieK
Southern New England Conference

Thank you to the New England FIRST crew in Worcester for hosting and organizing the first Southern New England Conference yesterday - and to my fellow presenters. It was a great opportunity to share our knowledge and network with other teams in the area.

www.firstinspires.org | www.nefirst.org | www.firstnemo.org

Helping mentors since 2004
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-02-2005, 07:12 AM
Parent/Mentor/Engineer
AKA: Arthur Dutra
FRC #0228 (GUS)
Team Role: Electrical

Rookie Year: 2003
skimoose has a reputation beyond reputeskimoose has a reputation beyond reputeskimoose has a reputation beyond reputeskimoose has a reputation beyond reputeskimoose has a reputation beyond reputeskimoose has a reputation beyond reputeskimoose has a reputation beyond reputeskimoose has a reputation beyond reputeskimoose has a reputation beyond reputeskimoose has a reputation beyond reputeskimoose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Southern New England Conference

I'll agree completely. The conference offered some great information to teams that attended. Even as a veteran team, we certainly picked up some great tips from Kathie's presentation on travel preparations.

The FIRST staff treated everyone to a great bar-b-que for lunch and were all very helpful throughout the day. Team 228 was glad to be able to present on the rookie team track, and we received some great feedback from veteran teams when our Vex "Triple Play" robot came out to play at lunch. Hopefully, we'll get more video up on our website soon.

I strongly encourage all New England teams to send members to future conferences you won't regret it.

2009 CT Regional Motorola Quality Award
2010 VRC Connecticut Championship Winners & Amaze Award
2010 VRC Championship Divisional Energy Award
2010 WPI Regional Winner
2010 WPI Regional Engineering Inspiration Award
2011 WPI Regional Chairman's Award
2012 WPI Regional Finalists
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-02-2005, 10:51 AM
Unregistered User
AKA: Toby Waite
#0246 (Overclocked)
Team Role: Electrical

Rookie Year: 2004
FreakyAntelope will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to FreakyAntelope
Re: Southern New England Conference

Yes, Thanks to everyone involved setting this up!

My co-captian Drew and I were sent to the conference without any mentors, and we picked up a lot of useful information about how to further our team this coming year.

Also, thank you to everyone who attended the conference. I am continually impressed and amazed at how warm and welcoming the FIRST community was. As I said, my friend and I attended by ourselves, as Juniors in High School, and were made to feel very welcome and comfortable.

As I said at the conference, if anyone has any questions about anything at the Boston Regional (things like local resturants, lodging, local supplies/team resources, or anything else you need), please send an email to me (Charles_Waite@buacademy.org) or contact our team leaders (info can be found at people.bu.edu/bufirst)

Thanks again!

- Toby
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: