Go to Post As a team leader if I do not INSPIRE I have failed, and I do not like to fail. - Mike Martus [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > Career
CD-Media   CD-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-03-2004, 09:15 PM
Go Bears!
FRC #1110 (Binary Bulldogs)
Team Role: College Student

Rookie Year: 2003
Joshua May has a reputation beyond reputeJoshua May has a reputation beyond reputeJoshua May has a reputation beyond reputeJoshua May has a reputation beyond reputeJoshua May has a reputation beyond reputeJoshua May has a reputation beyond reputeJoshua May has a reputation beyond reputeJoshua May has a reputation beyond reputeJoshua May has a reputation beyond reputeJoshua May has a reputation beyond reputeJoshua May has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Joshua May
NASA SHARP

Did anyone on CD apply for the NASA SHARP internship for this summer? I was one of 24 selected as finalists for the NASA Dryden Research Facility, and I have an interview April 14. (Which may cause me to be unable to go the the championship ) I would assume that many FIRST participants have applied for the program.

2005 Las Vegas Regional Autodesk Visualization Award
2005 Las Vegas Regional #8 Seeded Alliance with 988 and 1505
2006 Southern California Regional #15 seed
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-04-2004, 12:33 AM
Segway Nut
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2000
Alex Ko is a jewel in the roughAlex Ko is a jewel in the roughAlex Ko is a jewel in the rough
Re: NASA SHARP

I went through the SHARP program back in '88... a long time ago. It was one of the most valuable experiences that I've had. Don't think of it as missing out on a fun weekend at Nationals. Think of it as a chance to start your career early. SHARP helps you get a foot in the door for any science/engineering job you may apply for in the future.

If you get the position, be sure to take advantage of your mentor-- ask lots of questions and learn as much as you can. Also, work your butt off on the final report. It'll pay off later. I used mine even years later as an example of my work during interviews.

Good luck!
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-04-2004, 10:32 AM
FRC #0233 (The Pink Alliance)
Team Role: Mentor

Nathan Pell is a splendid one to beholdNathan Pell is a splendid one to beholdNathan Pell is a splendid one to beholdNathan Pell is a splendid one to beholdNathan Pell is a splendid one to beholdNathan Pell is a splendid one to behold

Two of my students on our team participated in SHART last year, and they are very glad they did.

Just my two cents worth.

Nathan Pell

Florida First
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-04-2004, 01:01 PM
I am JVN! (John von Neumann)
#0122 (NASA Knights)
Team Role: Programmer

mtrawls is a splendid one to beholdmtrawls is a splendid one to beholdmtrawls is a splendid one to beholdmtrawls is a splendid one to beholdmtrawls is a splendid one to beholdmtrawls is a splendid one to beholdmtrawls is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to mtrawls

I was in SHARP two years ago (over at NASA Langley). The one thing I have to say is that, like in everything, you get out of it only what you put in. If you work hard and try to learn, it'll be one of the best experiences in high school for you (aside from FIRST, of course!).
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-11-2004, 06:10 PM
no team

BlueOrion is infamous around these parts

I looked at the program but decided that next year would be better to apply for it, with grades and time etc. A 13 page application, that's some serious stuff there. If I get into the Drexel Eng Mentorship this summer, I might have a better shot at getting into SHARP, unless that hurts my chances. Who knows, the number of people who apply to SHARP is huge. Go summer engineering junkies!!!
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-11-2004, 11:41 PM

Avarik is an unknown quantity at this point

I was going to apply but I was too young by a few months...

I will definatly apply next summer though!
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-16-2004, 08:37 PM
FRC #3138 (Innovators Robotics)
Team Role: Mentor

Michael Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Hill has a reputation beyond repute

What is it? and how do I apply?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: