OCCRA
Go to Post Life is too short to spend 40 hours a week doing something you are not enthusiastic about. - Karthik [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > ChiefDelphi.com Website > Extra Discussion
CD-Media   CD-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#16   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-12-2007, 08:54 PM
AKA: Jimmy Cao
no team

Rookie Year: 2004
Jimmy Cao has a brilliant futureJimmy Cao has a brilliant futureJimmy Cao has a brilliant futureJimmy Cao has a brilliant futureJimmy Cao has a brilliant futureJimmy Cao has a brilliant futureJimmy Cao has a brilliant futureJimmy Cao has a brilliant futureJimmy Cao has a brilliant futureJimmy Cao has a brilliant futureJimmy Cao has a brilliant future
Re: pic: Don't do this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Brim View Post
Something I noticed this weekend is that 15 seconds often isn't enough for the average driver to climb up a narrow ramp. Most teams that tried to climb at the last second either fell off or only made it part-way up and got the 15. It seems that endzone defense was more effective than I thought... Did anyone else notice this? Or was it unique to the SoCal regional?
Well, at GLR, it was illegal to defend against a robot that did not have a tube... so ramp bots wernt defended against and the other bots wern't on their way back to get on the ramps either...

Team 469 2006-2010 Student/Alumni
Team 830 2011-2012 Mentor
  #17   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-12-2007, 08:55 PM
AutoCAD User
AKA: Sean Marks
FRC #2016 (Mu Mu Psi)
Team Role: Student

Rookie Year: 2007
Sean Marks is a jewel in the roughSean Marks is a jewel in the roughSean Marks is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Sean Marks

Wow thats a tough ending.

2008-NJ Semi-Finalist (Thanks 694 & 1279) / Chesapeake Winners (Thanks 1418 & 11) / Newton Finalists (Thanks 1574 & 141)
2007-NJ Rookie All-Star / Monty Madness Champs
  #18   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-12-2007, 09:08 PM
Detroiter
AKA: Foxy
no team

Rookie Year: 2007
Josh Fox has a brilliant futureJosh Fox has a brilliant futureJosh Fox has a brilliant futureJosh Fox has a brilliant futureJosh Fox has a brilliant futureJosh Fox has a brilliant futureJosh Fox has a brilliant futureJosh Fox has a brilliant futureJosh Fox has a brilliant futureJosh Fox has a brilliant futureJosh Fox has a brilliant future

I actually got to see this take place. We were sitting about three rows down and maybe 6-7 seats over based on the angle. I only remember seeing one actually successful double lift in the finals
  #19   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-12-2007, 09:48 PM
Cogito ergo arbitro
no team

Rookie Year: 2000
GaryVoshol has a reputation beyond reputeGaryVoshol has a reputation beyond reputeGaryVoshol has a reputation beyond reputeGaryVoshol has a reputation beyond reputeGaryVoshol has a reputation beyond reputeGaryVoshol has a reputation beyond reputeGaryVoshol has a reputation beyond reputeGaryVoshol has a reputation beyond reputeGaryVoshol has a reputation beyond reputeGaryVoshol has a reputation beyond reputeGaryVoshol has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoXy92 View Post
I actually got to see this take place. We were sitting about three rows down and maybe 6-7 seats over based on the angle. I only remember seeing one actually successful double lift in the finals
You must have missed Final matches 2 and 3. Although those lifts were at the other end of the field.
  #20   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-12-2007, 10:08 PM
FRC #0399 (Eagle Robotics)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2003
BHOP has much to be proud ofBHOP has much to be proud ofBHOP has much to be proud ofBHOP has much to be proud ofBHOP has much to be proud ofBHOP has much to be proud ofBHOP has much to be proud ofBHOP has much to be proud of

Yeah I was down on the field with Gary volunteering...almost all the lifts after this mishap were successful and it ultimately led the alliance to a win. In the finals 1 the pneumatics on board 503 failed not allowing any gripping or ramp deployment so they lost. But in the last two finals matchs one robot ramped in finals2 and both ramped in finals3. Finals 3 was about the only time I saw both alliance robots up during the whole tourny.

ME CoE University of Michigan
503 Frog Force 830 Rat Pack
399 Eagle Robotics
  #21   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-13-2007, 05:32 PM
FRC #0503 (Frog Force)
Team Role: Mechanical

Rookie Year: 2006
win_j is an unknown quantity at this point

[Pneumatic Group Leader] states nicely that it was electrical (to the compressor) that failed, not the pneumatic system.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: