OCCRA
Go to Post ...isn't that part of the point? For high schoolers to do things they "could not have" by themselves? - AdamHeard [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > ChiefDelphi.com Website > CD Forum Support
CD-Media  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Closed Thread
  #1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-05-2018, 08:33 PM
AKA: Travis Weir
FRC #5052 (The RoboLobos)
Team Role: Marketing

Rookie Year: 2014
tweirtx has a reputation beyond reputetweirtx has a reputation beyond reputetweirtx has a reputation beyond reputetweirtx has a reputation beyond reputetweirtx has a reputation beyond reputetweirtx has a reputation beyond reputetweirtx has a reputation beyond reputetweirtx has a reputation beyond reputetweirtx has a reputation beyond reputetweirtx has a reputation beyond reputetweirtx has a reputation beyond repute
Vulnerabilities

Alright. This is the third time I or someone else have posted about this. The CD mods obviously don't care about security and keep deleting our posts about them having security vulnerabilities.

There are some pretty major vulnerabilities in this version of vBulletin, which you might want to say happy 12th birthday to in a few weeks. I'd rather not have personal data on a platform that has major vulnerabilities, including XSS and SQL injection.

Please patch your site. For your users.

Last edited by Dez : 11-05-2018 at 08:36 PM. Reason: link removed!
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-05-2018, 08:34 PM
FTAA, Webmaster, and such
AKA: Fletcher
FRC #0100 (WildHats)
Team Role: Mentor

FletcherS7 has much to be proud ofFletcherS7 has much to be proud ofFletcherS7 has much to be proud ofFletcherS7 has much to be proud ofFletcherS7 has much to be proud ofFletcherS7 has much to be proud ofFletcherS7 has much to be proud ofFletcherS7 has much to be proud ofFletcherS7 has much to be proud ofFletcherS7 has much to be proud of
Re: Vulnerabilities

Incoming

Quote:
Invalid Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

#3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-05-2018, 08:34 PM
FRC #0870 (Team R.I.C.E)
Team Role: Programmer

Rookie Year: 2017
lcrobo is a splendid one to beholdlcrobo is a splendid one to beholdlcrobo is a splendid one to beholdlcrobo is a splendid one to beholdlcrobo is a splendid one to beholdlcrobo is a splendid one to beholdlcrobo is a splendid one to beholdlcrobo is a splendid one to behold

Cmon mods, the 3rd time is not the charm.
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-05-2018, 08:35 PM
Hungry Dawgs Run Faster
AKA: Sean Lavery
FRC #1712 (DAWGMA)

Rookie Year: 2003
Lil' Lavery has a reputation beyond reputeLil' Lavery has a reputation beyond reputeLil' Lavery has a reputation beyond reputeLil' Lavery has a reputation beyond reputeLil' Lavery has a reputation beyond reputeLil' Lavery has a reputation beyond reputeLil' Lavery has a reputation beyond reputeLil' Lavery has a reputation beyond reputeLil' Lavery has a reputation beyond reputeLil' Lavery has a reputation beyond reputeLil' Lavery has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Lil' Lavery

Spoiler alert: Maybe it's not a good idea to post specific vulnerabilities publicly, and you would get a more receptive audience if you took the hint and PM'd the administrators
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-05-2018, 08:36 PM
FRC #0100 (WildHats)

FletcherS7 has much to be proud ofFletcherS7 has much to be proud ofFletcherS7 has much to be proud ofFletcherS7 has much to be proud ofFletcherS7 has much to be proud ofFletcherS7 has much to be proud ofFletcherS7 has much to be proud ofFletcherS7 has much to be proud ofFletcherS7 has much to be proud ofFletcherS7 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil' Lavery View Post
Spoiler alert: Maybe it's not a good idea to post specific vulnerabilities publicly, and you would get a more receptive audience if you took the hint and PM'd the administrators
These issues were brought up in 2012 and again in 2015.

#6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-05-2018, 08:37 PM
Business, CAD, Mechanical
no team
Team Role: Leadership

Rookie Year: 2013
Harrison.Smith is a jewel in the roughHarrison.Smith is a jewel in the roughHarrison.Smith is a jewel in the rough

Can we get an explanation on why the CD moderation team is trying to hide this information from the public? Is the info false, if not this is a major concern for every user and should be treated as such by the community, especially the moderation team.

Team 1296: 2014 - 2016
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Data wins arguments.
AKA: Phil Lopreiato
no team (The Blue Alliance)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2010
plnyyanks has a reputation beyond reputeplnyyanks has a reputation beyond reputeplnyyanks has a reputation beyond reputeplnyyanks has a reputation beyond reputeplnyyanks has a reputation beyond reputeplnyyanks has a reputation beyond reputeplnyyanks has a reputation beyond reputeplnyyanks has a reputation beyond reputeplnyyanks has a reputation beyond reputeplnyyanks has a reputation beyond reputeplnyyanks has a reputation beyond repute

I mean, it's pretty well documented that this site runs an ancient version of vbulletin and it's really not that hard to to look up any relevant CVEs.

Security through obscurity is rarely a good strategy
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Design Simple
AKA: Anand Rajamani
FRC #1072 (Harker Robotics)

Rookie Year: 2013
asid61 has a reputation beyond reputeasid61 has a reputation beyond reputeasid61 has a reputation beyond reputeasid61 has a reputation beyond reputeasid61 has a reputation beyond reputeasid61 has a reputation beyond reputeasid61 has a reputation beyond reputeasid61 has a reputation beyond reputeasid61 has a reputation beyond reputeasid61 has a reputation beyond reputeasid61 has a reputation beyond repute

This is a little sketch, but it doesn't look as worrying as I thought... when is the forum being upgraded again?
Also, why so much red for this?

2018 Davis Finalists (w/ 6474 and 3880), 2018 Roebling Winners (w/ 3476, 1323, and 1778)

#9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-05-2018, 08:38 PM
AKA: Fletch
FRC #1126 (SPARX(1126) and Panthers(3181))

Fletch1373 has a brilliant futureFletch1373 has a brilliant futureFletch1373 has a brilliant futureFletch1373 has a brilliant futureFletch1373 has a brilliant futureFletch1373 has a brilliant futureFletch1373 has a brilliant futureFletch1373 has a brilliant futureFletch1373 has a brilliant futureFletch1373 has a brilliant futureFletch1373 has a brilliant future

Quote:
If the vBullitin version is indeed 12 years old, and have publicly known vulnerabilities, then having them linked to here is no worse than not posting it at all. I see no issues with this being posted. Mods/admin(s), please "take a hint" and update the software...
<18-??: FRC1126> <15-??: FRC3181> <12-14: FRC0073> <11-12: FRC3555> <09-10: FRC0809>
Volunteer:
<FTAA> <CSA> <Scorekeeper> <Robot Inspector> <and many more...>
2018 Tour:
NYUT[CSA] > CTWAT[FTAA] > NYRO[CSA] > DetCMP[maybe...?]
  #10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-05-2018, 08:39 PM
Captain | Driver | Senior
AKA: Rohit Gondi
FRC #3991 (KnightVision)
Team Role: Driver

Rookie Year: 2012
dirtbikerxz has a reputation beyond reputedirtbikerxz has a reputation beyond reputedirtbikerxz has a reputation beyond reputedirtbikerxz has a reputation beyond reputedirtbikerxz has a reputation beyond reputedirtbikerxz has a reputation beyond reputedirtbikerxz has a reputation beyond reputedirtbikerxz has a reputation beyond reputedirtbikerxz has a reputation beyond reputedirtbikerxz has a reputation beyond reputedirtbikerxz has a reputation beyond repute

I remember this being brought up many times just to be pushed under the rug, one of the most prominent times (that i remember) this was brought up was over three years ago, and this was the response to that: https://www.chiefdelphi.com/forums/s...7&postcount=74 . Here we are three years later, with no changes.

#11   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-05-2018, 08:40 PM
Hungry Dawgs Run Faster
AKA: Sean Lavery
FRC #1712 (DAWGMA)

Lil' Lavery has a reputation beyond reputeLil' Lavery has a reputation beyond reputeLil' Lavery has a reputation beyond reputeLil' Lavery has a reputation beyond reputeLil' Lavery has a reputation beyond reputeLil' Lavery has a reputation beyond reputeLil' Lavery has a reputation beyond reputeLil' Lavery has a reputation beyond reputeLil' Lavery has a reputation beyond reputeLil' Lavery has a reputation beyond reputeLil' Lavery has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Lil' Lavery

Quote:
Originally Posted by asid61 View Post
This is a little sketch, but it doesn't look as worrying as I thought... when is the forum being upgraded again?
Also, why so much red for this?
Because my rep power is really absurd.

For the record, I neg repped him for knowingly and willingly recreating a thread that had been deleted twice (and for his "CD mods don't care" micro-rant). I didn't neg rep for sharing the link.
  #12   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-05-2018, 08:44 PM
Data wins arguments.
AKA: Phil Lopreiato
no team (The Blue Alliance)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2010
plnyyanks has a reputation beyond reputeplnyyanks has a reputation beyond reputeplnyyanks has a reputation beyond reputeplnyyanks has a reputation beyond reputeplnyyanks has a reputation beyond reputeplnyyanks has a reputation beyond reputeplnyyanks has a reputation beyond reputeplnyyanks has a reputation beyond reputeplnyyanks has a reputation beyond reputeplnyyanks has a reputation beyond reputeplnyyanks has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Because my rep power is really absurd.

For the record, I neg repped him for knowingly and willingly recreating a thread that had been deleted twice (and for his "CD mods don't care" micro-rant). I didn't neg rep for sharing the link.
FWIW the OP only recreated the thread once, the second one was someone else who saw the thread and though it was worth having around.

Additionally, there's startlingly little transparency about why a thread was removed about such a crucial topic, which is enough to warrant persistent reposting, IMO
  #13   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-05-2018, 08:44 PM
FRC #0100 (WildHats)

Since this thread is alive. I will bring up my response to the original thread

Quote:
And that's just the forum software.
What about the Web Server and the OS its running on.

#14   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-05-2018, 08:45 PM
on a break
AKA: Pinecone
no team (formerly FRC 3929, 228, 2791)

Rookie Year: 2006
Chris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond repute

The previous thread was left with a deletion note asking the user to direct this concern to webmaster@chiefdelphi.com (I am not sure this note is visible to users). The moderators do not control the version of VBulletin the site uses and are not trying to clamp down on this as if it's some kind of conspiracy.
Consultant: 2170 (2017)
College Mentor: 2791 (2010-15) Build Photos - 2013 WPI Finalists, 2012 BAE Finalists
Student: 1714 (2009) - 2009 MN 10K Lakes Winners
  #15   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-05-2018, 08:46 PM
Lead Mentor / Volunteer / TBA
AKA: David Thomas
FRC #7486

Rookie Year: 2007
synth3tk has a reputation beyond reputesynth3tk has a reputation beyond reputesynth3tk has a reputation beyond reputesynth3tk has a reputation beyond reputesynth3tk has a reputation beyond reputesynth3tk has a reputation beyond reputesynth3tk has a reputation beyond reputesynth3tk has a reputation beyond reputesynth3tk has a reputation beyond reputesynth3tk has a reputation beyond reputesynth3tk has a reputation beyond repute

Cool. Get mad that someone is pointing out the absurdly-outdated forum software used to discuss a tech-heavy program on a website that consistently hits the first page of Google results.

Cool. ��☕️

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: