OCCRA
Go to Post the always so humble metal-in-motion.....i know your tricks; you all are gonna have a killer robot as usual.... - Stephen Kowski [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Technical > Programming
CD-Media  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-06-2018, 10:13 AM
FRC #1493

acastagna is an unknown quantity at this point
Visual Studio - create a new class

I am playing around with Visual Studio to try and get ahead of the learning curve, and have been able to create a robot project and even import our code from last year. However, when working with a new robot project I cannot figure out how to add a new class.

The "WPILib: Create a new class/command" function gives me the message "Must select a folder to create a command". I have been unable to figure out how to specify the folder. If I just create a new file and put in some code to define the class , the class is not recognized. I also tried creating an empty folder with the name of the class I want.

Is this something that is not enabled in the alpha version, am I missing something obvious, or is my problem the fact that I don't know anything about gradle?
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-06-2018, 10:20 AM
Robotics Engineer
FRC #0319 (Big Bad Bob)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2004
Ty Tremblay has a reputation beyond reputeTy Tremblay has a reputation beyond reputeTy Tremblay has a reputation beyond reputeTy Tremblay has a reputation beyond reputeTy Tremblay has a reputation beyond reputeTy Tremblay has a reputation beyond reputeTy Tremblay has a reputation beyond reputeTy Tremblay has a reputation beyond reputeTy Tremblay has a reputation beyond reputeTy Tremblay has a reputation beyond reputeTy Tremblay has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Visual Studio - create a new class

If you right click on the folder you want to add a class to in the Explorer on the left of Visual Studio Code, you should see an option to "Create new class/command".
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-06-2018, 01:57 PM
FRC #1493

acastagna is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Visual Studio - create a new class

Thank you !

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: