OCCRA
Go to Post I always viewed Gracious Professionalism as "I may not agree with you or even like you but we need to work together to solve this problem. So let's get to work!" - Koko Ed [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Competition > Regional Competitions
CD-Media   CD-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-13-2018, 11:43 PM
FRC #0192 (GRT)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2003
Seth Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeSeth Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeSeth Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeSeth Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeSeth Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeSeth Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeSeth Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeSeth Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeSeth Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeSeth Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeSeth Mallory has a reputation beyond repute
Lone Star Central Regional

GRT will be leaving in a few hours to go to Loan Star Central. This will be our third and last time to attend an regional in Texas due to districts. We have always had a good time and I shall miss going there. Looks like this will be a great event.
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-13-2018, 11:48 PM
Engineering Coach
AKA: Allen "JAG" Gregory
FRC #3847 (Spectrum)
Team Role: Coach

AllenGregoryIV has a reputation beyond reputeAllenGregoryIV has a reputation beyond reputeAllenGregoryIV has a reputation beyond reputeAllenGregoryIV has a reputation beyond reputeAllenGregoryIV has a reputation beyond reputeAllenGregoryIV has a reputation beyond reputeAllenGregoryIV has a reputation beyond reputeAllenGregoryIV has a reputation beyond reputeAllenGregoryIV has a reputation beyond reputeAllenGregoryIV has a reputation beyond reputeAllenGregoryIV has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to AllenGregoryIV
Re: Lone Star Central Regional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth Mallory View Post
GRT will be leaving in a few hours to go to Loan Star Central. This will be our third and last time to attend an regional in Texas due to districts. We have always had a good time and I shall miss going there. Looks like this will be a great event.
Can't wait to see you all again, let us know if you all need anything.

Team 647 | Cyber Wolf Corps | Alumni | 2003-2006 | Shoemaker HS
Team 2587 | DiscoBots | Mentor | 2008-2011 | Rice University / Houston Food Bank
Team 3847 | Spectrum | Coach | 2012-20... | St Agnes Academy
LRI | Alamo Regional | 2014-20...
"Competition has been shown to be useful up to a certain point and no further, but cooperation, which is the thing we must strive for today, begins where competition leaves off." - Franklin D. Roosevelt
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-13-2018, 11:49 PM
TXStateOfMind

Week 3

The Lone Star Central Regional

This coming weekend, 39 teams will travel to the Lone Star Central Regional at Strake Jesuit to compete. With no big heavy hitters coming in, this is anyone’s regional to take. However, there are a couple of teams to highlight.

Team 192 GRT is coming off an exit early in the Quarterfinals at the Utah Regional. With a swerve drive and consistent switch auto, 192 could be the dominant scale robot at the event. Consistency will remain the key determiner in their performance.

Team 231 is coming off back to back Alamo Regional Wins, and is looking to continue that stretch of banners into the Lone Star Regional.

The 2013 Champs Winner 1477 is coming off an unexpected Quarters exit at the Dallas Regional. With changes planned for their robot including their intake, Texas Torque is looking to strike back and dominate the scale this weekend.

2587 has a catapult robot that can handle the switch and even the scale. With a more consistent catapult, this could be the Discobots best chance at winning a blue banner in recent times.

3735 is walking in with a wide frame “cascading” elevator, that looks to be the common feature among FIRST’s best. The formerly known as “Klein Bots”, but now named “VorTX” team is looking to be playing late on Saturday.

3847 is coming in with a 2014 Pink Arm style which has great potential. Their build blog proved that they have a plan and the capability to compete with the best. Besides their on field prowess, along with 1477, 3847 looks to be the Top Contender for the Regional Chairman's Award.

4587 is coming off a successful 2017 year, and is looking to strike back again. After their Ri3D team produced one of the more successful Ri3D robots, a consistent switch bot whose design we saw replicated across the nation, 4587 will definitely be playing late on Saturday. They are bringing a "cascading" elevator style lift that will dominate the scale, while providing a consistent climb to go along with it.

4639, (literally) a neighbor to Houston Powerhouse 624, is coming into Lone Star with a redesigned 1678/1619 style intake that shows their potential to consistently get 5-6 cubes into the exchange rapidly. If they can take the knowledge that 624 has gained so far and use it to their advantage, this might be their best bet yet to play in the quarterfinals (or further).

5892 is coming off a successful season, where they were the Houston Champs Finalist. Taking what they learned from FRC Legends 1678 and 118, look to them to be a contender with the top teams.
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-14-2018, 12:07 AM
1557 alumni, 4639 mentor
AKA: adam spears
FRC #4639 (RoboSpartans)

Rookie Year: 2007
gorrilla has a reputation beyond reputegorrilla has a reputation beyond reputegorrilla has a reputation beyond reputegorrilla has a reputation beyond reputegorrilla has a reputation beyond reputegorrilla has a reputation beyond reputegorrilla has a reputation beyond reputegorrilla has a reputation beyond reputegorrilla has a reputation beyond reputegorrilla has a reputation beyond reputegorrilla has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXStateOfMind View Post
Week 3

The Lone Star Central Regional

4639, (literally) a neighbor to Houston Powerhouse 624, is coming into Lone Star with a redesigned 1678/1619 style intake that shows their potential to consistently get 5-6 cubes into the exchange rapidly. If they can take the knowledge that 624 has gained so far and use it to their advantage, this might be their best bet yet to play in the quarterfinals (or further).
Shout out to my students that worked very hard this year.
(First time a team I've been involved with got a mention on one of the looking-forward style analysis accounts).

Team 1557 2007-2011 student-Lake County FL

Current Team 4639 mentor- Houston TX
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-14-2018, 01:16 AM
Unsung FIRST Hero
Lead Engineer & Coach
AKA: John Vielkind-Neun
FRC #0148 (Robowranglers)

Rookie Year: 2000
JVN has a reputation beyond reputeJVN has a reputation beyond reputeJVN has a reputation beyond reputeJVN has a reputation beyond reputeJVN has a reputation beyond reputeJVN has a reputation beyond reputeJVN has a reputation beyond reputeJVN has a reputation beyond reputeJVN has a reputation beyond reputeJVN has a reputation beyond reputeJVN has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
This coming weekend, 39 teams will travel to the Lone Star Central Regional at Strake Jesuit to compete. With no big heavy hitters coming in, this is anyone’s regional to take. However, there are a couple of teams to highlight.

Ohhhhhh baby did you miss someone...

"Ba God!.... is that.... Beatty Krunch's Entrance Music?!?!?!"

Ladies and Gentlemen, no switch is safe.

Last edited by JVN : 03-14-2018 at 01:19 AM.
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-14-2018, 09:51 AM
TXStateOfMind

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVN View Post

Unfortunately missed them when I was collecting my data. 7179 is probably to most hyped rookie since 2056, and they do live up to it. With a lighting fast mechanism for picking up cubes, 7179 ensure that no switch escapes them, and if the top alliances do their scouting, 7179 will be picked in no time.
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-14-2018, 10:12 AM
Andrew Lynch
FRC #2587 (DiscoBots)

Rookie Year: 2001
lynca has a reputation beyond reputelynca has a reputation beyond reputelynca has a reputation beyond reputelynca has a reputation beyond reputelynca has a reputation beyond reputelynca has a reputation beyond reputelynca has a reputation beyond reputelynca has a reputation beyond reputelynca has a reputation beyond reputelynca has a reputation beyond reputelynca has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Great highlights ! Thanks for sharing.
I am also looking forward to see these Texas Teams in action this weekend at LSC.

457 : Grease Monkeys - consistent performer and beautiful robots
2881 : Lady Cans - All Girls team that always brings a multi-color duct tape work of art
3103 : Iron Plaid - Another All Girls team coming off a solid 2017 year
3335 : Cy-Borgs - 2017 Quality award winner
3676 : Warrior Robotics - consistent climber at Dallas
5414 : Pearadox - simple and effective scale scorer
5417 : Eagle Robotics - 2017 Dallas Winner and solid performer at Dallas this year
5829 : AwtyBots - 2017 Regional Finalist
5986 : Iron Fangs - 2017 Control Winner
6377 : Howdy Bots - 2017 Rookie All Star

Just an aside, this is the first time a Houston event will happen without 118 or 624 present. The future years of districts will bring more parity to Texas.

Last edited by lynca : 03-14-2018 at 10:17 AM.
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-14-2018, 11:41 AM
Steve Miller-Coach-Team 3355
AKA: Steve Miller
FRC #3355 (Bigg Redd)
Team Role: Coach

Rookie Year: 2010
pilum40 has much to be proud ofpilum40 has much to be proud ofpilum40 has much to be proud ofpilum40 has much to be proud ofpilum40 has much to be proud ofpilum40 has much to be proud ofpilum40 has much to be proud ofpilum40 has much to be proud ofpilum40 has much to be proud of

HATS OFF to 3676! Warrior Robotics! We mentored y'all your rookie year and this year you mentored US!!!

GOOD LUCK FROM 3355! KICK BUTT/HAVE SOME GREAT FUN IN HOUSTON ALREADY!!

Steve Miller
Coach Team 3355
Purple Vipers
  #9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-14-2018, 01:17 PM
(Insert witty comment here)
FRC #0057 (The Leopards)

Rookie Year: 1998
Kevin Sevcik has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Sevcik has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Sevcik has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Sevcik has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Sevcik has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Sevcik has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Sevcik has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Sevcik has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Sevcik has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Sevcik has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Sevcik has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Kevin Sevcik Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin Sevcik

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVN View Post

I may have had something to do with this. I accept full liability for any switch carnage that may ensue.

EDIT:
Also I might have procured them a little coaching on how to present themselves better for Rookie All Star. Or at least a coach to introduce them to the concept.

Lone Star Regional Troubleshooter

Last edited by Kevin Sevcik : 03-14-2018 at 01:26 PM.
  #10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-14-2018, 01:26 PM
Drive Coach
FRC #0624 (CRyptonite Robotics)
Team Role: Student

Rookie Year: 2017
Anuraag Routray has a reputation beyond reputeAnuraag Routray has a reputation beyond reputeAnuraag Routray has a reputation beyond reputeAnuraag Routray has a reputation beyond reputeAnuraag Routray has a reputation beyond reputeAnuraag Routray has a reputation beyond reputeAnuraag Routray has a reputation beyond reputeAnuraag Routray has a reputation beyond reputeAnuraag Routray has a reputation beyond reputeAnuraag Routray has a reputation beyond reputeAnuraag Routray has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like a great regional! I know many of 624 mentors and alumni are volunteering there, and many of us students are coming to watch the event. Good luck to our Katy teams 4639, 5427, and 6488!

FRC Team 624 CRyptonite 2017-
  #11   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-17-2018, 09:26 PM
FRC #0192 (GRT)

Seth Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeSeth Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeSeth Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeSeth Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeSeth Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeSeth Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeSeth Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeSeth Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeSeth Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeSeth Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeSeth Mallory has a reputation beyond repute

I want to thank the organisers of Lone Star Central. GRT had a great time. I happy that our last Texas regional was as great as the first 3that we have been to.
  #12   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-18-2018, 02:11 PM
FRC #7179 (Crossfire)

Rookie Year: 2018
tesla529 is an unknown quantity at this point

I would like to thank the organizers, volunteers, mentors, teams, and parents for a great event. The atmosphere was amazing and the amount of support from teams was incredible. I cannot thank all of you enough for helping us all tournament long. It was a mad rush to attend to begin with, but all of you made it so much easier. Enjoyed working with 5417 and 5908. I am happy that it worked out for all of us to go to Champs. So thank you all from 7179 and we look forward to seeing everyone soon.

I cant forget to thank our ultimate mentors 148, Adrienne Emerson and JVN. Another shout out to 3005 for your help as well.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  #13   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-18-2018, 02:33 PM
Drive Coach | Strategist
AKA: Marco Guerra
FRC #3005 (RoboChargers)

Rookie Year: 2013
Strykker is a name known to allStrykker is a name known to allStrykker is a name known to allStrykker is a name known to allStrykker is a name known to allStrykker is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by tesla529 View Post
I would like to thank the organizers, volunteers, mentors, teams, and parents for a great event. The atmosphere was amazing and the amount of support from teams was incredible. I cannot thank all of you enough for helping us all tournament long. It was a mad rush to attend to begin with, but all of you made it so much easier. Enjoyed working with 5417 and 5908. I am happy that it worked out for all of us to go to Champs. So thank you all from 7179 and we look forward to seeing everyone soon.

I cant forget to thank our ultimate mentors 148, Adrienne Emerson and JVN. Another shout out to 3005 for your help as well.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.
We’re glad you will be at Houston Champs! Very well deserved.

The team was closely following along from our shop this weekend. Let us know if we can help out in any way between now and Champs.
  #14   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-18-2018, 10:39 PM
FRC #7179 (Crossfire)

Rookie Year: 2018
tesla529 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strykker View Post
We’re glad you will be at Houston Champs! Very well deserved.

The team was closely following along from our shop this weekend. Let us know if we can help out in any way between now and Champs.
Thanks. I'm a bit overwhelmed right now with all of the prep work that needs to be done and building a crate obviously, but we will certainly call on you guys I am sure some time.
  #15   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-19-2018, 02:00 PM
AKA: Andrew Hartnett
FRC #5414 (Pearadox)

Rookie Year: 2005
ahartnet has a reputation beyond reputeahartnet has a reputation beyond reputeahartnet has a reputation beyond reputeahartnet has a reputation beyond reputeahartnet has a reputation beyond reputeahartnet has a reputation beyond reputeahartnet has a reputation beyond reputeahartnet has a reputation beyond reputeahartnet has a reputation beyond reputeahartnet has a reputation beyond reputeahartnet has a reputation beyond repute
The Lone Star volunteers and staff always do a great job of keeping the regional running on time and helping teams have the best experience they can. Many thanks to them.

Also thank you to 192 for picking us. We knew it'd be tough to keep 1477 and 4587 honest enough on the scale to allow y'all and 231 to try to win the switches. I think the first match was a lot closer than the score showed. And y'alls swerve module was awesome.

Great job to all 6 of the teams playing in the finals and congrats to 1477 and 5417 on winning EI and chairmans! And all the hype on 7179 was well deserved.

Looking forward to playing with many of y'all again soon at Lone Star South! We should be demonstrating some additional autonomous modes and a new intake by then.
Team 451 The Cat Attack, Student Alumni (2005)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: